TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Guest Boo_Bradley

Why was Nailz jobbed out to the Bossman, if the plans were for he and Warrior/Taker to fued after SSeries (I think this all was before he attacked Vince)????

All I know is that on the Coliseum Video version of WM9, They showed Kamala with an elephant after the show and said the match was cancelled or something.

It was Bigelow, not Kamala.

Why was Nailz jobbed out to the Bossman, if the plans were for he and Warrior/Taker to fued after SSeries (I think this all was before he attacked Vince)????

Nailz lost the blow off match to Bossman but was still promoted as a monster heel. Actually, if you watch Survivor Series - Bossman's win is almost presented as a fluke as Nailz dominated the match and only lost because he sustained the sidewalk slam. He certainly didn't spend much time on the mat after the pin as he no-sold the move pretty quickly.

I remember the confrontation Taker and Nailz had during an episode of WWF Superstars. Maybe it was just because I was an 11 year old ubermark, but I saw potential there.

Guest Boo_Bradley

When was the 1st 2 hour RAW? March 1997?

Did Tug boat ever wrestle as Big Steel Man w/ Slick in late 1989/Early 90 like the Apter Mags claimed?

I have always wondered, has there ever been a first blood match where the guy accidentally bled hardway? I am especially curious if it ever happened to a guy who was supposed to win the match. Thanks.

All I know is that on the Coliseum Video version of WM9, They showed Kamala with an elephant after the show and said the match was cancelled or something. 

I remember the video version though, it was Kamala with an elephant, Harvey was with him (not sure about Kim Chee) and it looked as if they were in a location somewhere made to look like they were in Africa, which was the kayfabe reason of the cancellation.

The real reason why? Not sure, but most likely because of time constraints.

I have always wondered, has there ever been a first blood match where the guy accidentally bled hardway? I am especially curious if it ever happened to a guy who was supposed to win the match. Thanks.

Well, I never actually saw the PPV, but Uncensored 1999, Flair fought Hogan in a First Blood match (I think a Steel Cage was involved also) for the title. Flair ended up winning, but not because of the first blood match rule. I remember Hogan was busted pretty badly (not sure about Flair).

My memory's joggy as I didn't watch WCW in 1999, mostly because of the aftermath of the Fingerpoke bullshit. Can somebody elaborate on the First Blood Match?

Well, I never actually saw the PPV, but Uncensored 1999, Flair fought Hogan in a First Blood match (I think a Steel Cage was involved also) for the title. Flair ended up winning, but not because of the first blood match rule. I remember Hogan was busted pretty badly (not sure about Flair).

My memory's joggy as I didn't watch WCW in 1999, mostly because of the aftermath of the Fingerpoke bullshit. Can somebody elaborate on the First Blood Match?

Flair won by pinfall. Even the announcers weren't sure what was happening. I'd guess that WCW would have said that the rule was you could only be pinned if you were busted, but it was all sort of glossed over on the night. The match was in a cage with barbed wire at the top to prevent whoever the heel was meant to be at the time from escaping.

I remember the video version though, it was Kamala with an elephant, Harvey was with him (not sure about Kim Chee) and it looked as if they were in a location somewhere made to look like they were in Africa, which was the kayfabe reason of the cancellation.

The real reason why? Not sure, but most likely because of time constraints.

I didn't see Wippleman or Kimchee. I just saw Kamala petting an elephant after the show ended and a message scrolled on the bottom of the screen saying that the match was cancelled. Besides, Kamala was the face, so those two couldn't have been with him anyway.

Flair won by pinfall. Even the announcers weren't sure what was happening. I'd guess that WCW would have said that the rule was you could only be pinned if you were busted, but it was all sort of glossed over on the night. The match was in a cage with barbed wire at the top to prevent whoever the heel was meant to be at the time from escaping.

Before the match Flair tells the ref Lil Naitch that he should stop the match AT HIS OWN DISCRETION. Thus Lil Naitch doens't stop it for Flair's blood and considers it his discretion to count out Hogan.

Guest Boo_Bradley

1> When did Nitro go to 3 hours? When did it return to two hours?

2> How many RAW appearences did Hogan make after winning the belt after WM 9?

1> When did Nitro go to 3 hours? When did it return to two hours?

Nitro went to three hours at the start of 1998 (January 26 or somewhere in there) and went back to two hours near the end of Russo's first run.

I don't think Hogan ever appeared on Raw before dropping the strap to Yokozuna unless it was from the set of Thunder in Paradise (they were filming the pilot around that time).

1> When did Nitro go to 3 hours?  When did it return to two hours?

Nitro went to three hours at the start of 1998 (January 26 or somewhere in there) and went back to two hours near the end of Russo's first run.

I don't think Hogan ever appeared on Raw before dropping the strap to Yokozuna unless it was from the set of Thunder in Paradise (they were filming the pilot around that time).

I thought Hogan was working for Turner when Thunder In Paradise was filming.

1> When did Nitro go to 3 hours?  When did it return to two hours?

1. You're right.

2. Well, Hogan didn't appear once in a match on RAW, at any rate. Dunno about interviews, though.

Before the match Flair tells the ref Lil Naitch that he should stop the match AT HIS OWN DISCRETION. Thus Lil Naitch doens't stop it for Flair's blood and considers it his discretion to count out Hogan.

Ah! Lil Naitch! I'd forgot he was ref. That makes more sense now.

When did the Hart / Michaels ladder match take place and was HBK the IC Champion at the time also?

Guest Boo_Bradley

We (mostly) all know that Jim Niedhart was given the WHO gimmick as punishment...

What was he being punished for?

When did the Hart / Michaels ladder match take place and was HBK the IC Champion at the time also?

It took place on an episode of WWF Prime Time in the Summer of 1992. Monsoon and Lord Alfed commentated. Bret was the Champion and won the match after about 15mins.

Edited by Morrissey is God

I need to know if these matches ever happened, preferably with dates:

Flair Vs. Zybysko (sp?)

Rocky Maivia Vs. Bret Hart

Rocky Maivia Vs. Shawn Michaels

Thanks in advance.

Guest Askewniverse
I need to know if these matches ever happened, preferably with dates:

Flair Vs. Zybysko (sp?)

Rocky Maivia Vs. Bret Hart

Rocky Maivia Vs. Shawn Michaels

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, HBK-Rock has never happened.

Bret Hart vs. Rocky Maivia happened on the 3/31/97 episode of Raw. Rocky won by DQ.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Larry and Flair's never crossed

Larry was in the WWWF from 1976ish-1981ish

Flair was in Mid Alantic/NWA/AWA during this period

After that 1982-1987 Larry was in the Geogia/AWA

Flair was in the NWA Larry was always a Heel, Flair was a Heel a good chunk of that time

1988 Larry Z in NWA w/ Al Perez as Heel

Flair was Heel here also

88-90 Larry was in the AWA, Heel

Flair was in the NWA Heel, Face, Heel

91 - The 2 teamed up in a War Games match

Larry Z retired soon after

1994- Larry returns to fight Jean Paul Levesque and Steve Regal Flair fueds with Vader,etc Both Faces (Flair may have gone Heel toward the end of Larry's return run- dates aren't in front of me)

1995- Larry Z remains retired til late 98, when he fights the NWO- He and Flair are both Faces

2001-03 Larry appears for the WWA and NWA

Flair's in the WWF

I don't see the possiblity of them facing, unless it was in the late 70's, or mid 80's during pro wrestling USA, but I HIGHLY doubt it...

For the series, yes, but not the initial two hour pilot. I distinctly remember Hogan talking to Mean Gene about his KOTR match with Yokozuna and going "Why is Hogan making a movie when he's supposed to be defending the title?" And this was when I was still in my mostly mark days.

Guest Boo_Bradley

For the series, yes, but not the initial two hour pilot. I distinctly remember Hogan talking to Mean Gene about his KOTR match with Yokozuna and going "Why is Hogan making a movie when he's supposed to be defending the title?" And this was when I was still in my mostly mark days.

Are you thinking of the Hulkamania part Whatever video, where Mean Gene interviews Hogan on the set of Suburban Commando, and talks up Lloyd and Duvall as "amazing actors" and talks in his "happy voice" when trying to sell the movie to the kids?

Are you thinking of the Hulkamania part Whatever video, where Mean Gene interviews Hogan on the set of Suburban Commando, and talks up Lloyd and Duvall as "amazing actors" and talks in his "happy voice" when trying to sell the movie to the kids?

You're seriously making me wish I was taping Raw and Superstars at the time, because it was definitely on the set of Thunder in Paradise. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I do remember Hogan showing up on Prime Time Wrestling wearing his costume from Suburban Commando, but I was trying to block that out.

When did the WWE tradition of almost always breaking the Spanish announce table on a PPV start?

When did the WWE tradition of almost always breaking the Spanish announce table on a PPV start?

That one is easy. Survivor Series 95 during the closing moments of the Bret / Diesel world title match.

At Starcade 99 (I think), what was the deal with the finish in the Goldberg-Bret Hart world title match- where Piper comes out and calls for the bell when Goldberg is in the Sharpshooter?

Was it a heel turn for Bret angle?