TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Anyone know where I can find a logo of the 97 Hart Foundation? I'd love the Hart logo as a tattoo, but I recall the same logo with a maple leaf backdrop, which would be even better.

I'm not imaginging this, am I?

Is this what you're looking for?

Hart_Foundation.jpeg

180px-New_Hart_Foundation.jpg

Guest CookieMueller
Anyone know where I can find a logo of the 97 Hart Foundation? I'd love the Hart logo as a tattoo, but I recall the same logo with a maple leaf backdrop, which would be even better.

You're definitely not imagining it. When I envision the logo, I see it with the maple leaf, but for some reason I can't find a picture of it. If you have any WWF Magazines from 1997, I'm pretty sure there was a shirt sold with the maple leaf background. That's the only place I can think of seeing it. Or maybe look for pictures of Pillman, Neidhart, Owen or Bret from that era, as I'm sure one of them would have been wearing the logo on a shirt or jacket.

Is this what you're looking for?

Hart_Foundation.jpeg

180px-New_Hart_Foundation.jpg

That was esentially it, sans the Canadian backdrop.

Although I also have my avatar and an additional maple leaf as tattoos, so maybe a third isnt necessary.

After the 1992 Royal Rumble, when Flair is presented the belt backstage, Mean Gene is trying to interview him and right in the middle of it all he yells at someone off camera to "PUT THAT CIGARETTE OUT!"

It just seemed so random and odd to say that. Anyone know what the deal was?

Does anyone know why Barry Horowitz push was aborted so soon after his feud with Skip in 1995? It seemed to me that he was getting a pretty good crowd reaction at the time compared to the other faces on the roster.

You're definitely not imagining it. When I envision the logo, I see it with the maple leaf, but for some reason I can't find a picture of it. If you have any WWF Magazines from 1997, I'm pretty sure there was a shirt sold with the maple leaf background. That's the only place I can think of seeing it. Or maybe look for pictures of Pillman, Neidhart, Owen or Bret from that era, as I'm sure one of them would have been wearing the logo on a shirt or jacket.

yea it was on their shirt, I have some old wwf mags from back then (actually I have mags dating back to early 95) so I can prob scan that for you, PM me if you are interested.

Need a bet settled: I work with a guy in the ECW (Electronics Coalition of Walmart) who claims the theme music of the Quebecers was the same the Mountie, but with "We're the" replacing "I'm the".

I disagree.

Help.

Another one I've never understood:

Why didn't Luger win the belt from Yokozuna at SummerSlam 93? I remember watching live and being flabbergasted that they would spend the whole summer with the "Lex Express" cross-country tour and then keep the belt on Yoko. Then, of course they have all the faces run out and hoist him up like he won the belt.

Oh well, just wondering.

Why didn't Luger win the belt from Yokozuna at SummerSlam 93? I remember watching live and being flabbergasted that they would spend the whole summer with the "Lex Express" cross-country tour and then keep the belt on Yoko. Then, of course they have all the faces run out and hoist him up like he won the belt.

Oh well, just wondering.

I didn't get that either really

unless it was to exend the "Title chase" for Luger (boy that blew up in their faces)

and the celebration never made sense to me - it made Luger & the others look like compete retards to celebrate that he won by count out in the "One and Only" title match he'd ever get against Yokozuna

just retarded!

Oh well, just wondering.

I didn't get that either really

unless it was to exend the "Title chase" for Luger (boy that blew up in their faces)

and the celebration never made sense to me - it made Luger & the others look like compete retards to celebrate that he won by count out in the "One and Only" title match he'd ever get against Yokozuna

just retarded!

He was originally booked to win the title. McMahon later decided that the thrill was in the chase and they should hold off on Luger's title win until Wrestlemania. As for the big celebration, I'm not sure why did they it. Maybe they had it booked that way originally and just didn't feel the need to change it.

I love this thread, obviously.

Another one: Why did The Ultimate Warrior start wearing different face paint over the summer of 1990? You know, just the small "Warrior" logos, one on each cheek, as opposed to the full face paint he had been wearing up to that point?

He went back to the usual at SummerSlam, and never did it again. Were they trying to change his image? If so, um, why did he ACT the same? I never understood it, and didn't like it. It made him seem more "human" to see his actual face, instead of having this painted up weirdo to cheer for.

I think Warrior just liked to change up his look every once in a while. This is the same guy that that had about a million different color variations for his title belt.

Remember when he switched to wearing a singlet style outfit (think Kurt Angle's tights) for a while? I always thought that was pretty weird looking.

Yeah they mention that on the Self Destruction DVD. Jericho said it was odd that he would wear not only a singlet, but a singlet with muscles on it. Apparantly that was part of the reason everyone thought it was a different Warrior.

I vaguely remember when Warrior was on Regis and Kathie Lee right before SummerSlam (where he turned over all the furniture) and Regis asked him about the face paint. I can't remember Warrior's answer. I DO remember him being really nice and cordial with the two of them, which was alarming considering his character.

And now that you mentioned it, why did he have 356 different colored belts? Even when he was WWF World Champion he did it. Odd.

Guest CookieMueller

The answer I was always given was that McMahon thought it would bring attention to the champion when interest was waning. Which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

It's true. Warrior wasn't catching fire like they wanted, so they kept changing his look in the hope that something would click with the audience. It's the major reason all the rumors came out that Warrior had died, because he kept changing so much that some people thought they'd had to bring in someone new to play the role.

Remember when he switched to wearing a singlet style outfit (think Kurt Angle's tights) for a while? I always thought that was pretty weird looking.
I remember 2 particularly disturbing singlet looks

1 was from right before Summer Slam: Warrior & Savage Vs the Nasty Boys

Warrior's single was flesh colored with muscles painted on it and the warrior logo on his chest - and that was it, he appeared naked almost, all it needed was an airbrushed penis to give us the full frontal effect

Warrior Vs Savage - Summer Slam

it looked like the skin had been peeled away and you could see all his muscles underneath it - kinda cool/kinda creepy in a way

He should have gone with a 3rd one that had the muscles torn away too to show that deep down he was a robot under all the muscle ;)

Almost sounds like something RVD would wear.

Man, I remember a lot of my friends were convinced it was a second Ultimate Warrior. Some of the rumors:

- Died from a steroid overdose.

- Killed in a car accident.

- Killed in a weight lifting accident while doing bench presses and got his chest crushed.

Boy, we were dumb. Frankly, I never thought he looked _that_ different from his original appearance, other than changing his hair a little bit.

Another one:

Why didn't Austin return at WrestleMania 16? I'm sure it's because he wasn't medically cleared to have any physical activity, but I always thought he could just come out and distract HHH or Vince, like Piper did to Rude at SummerSlam 89.

Instead, the heavily advertised his return at Backlash, obviously to spike a buyrate. Me and my friends were watching Vince hit Rock with the chair at Mania and just SCREAMING for Austin......then HHH gets the pin. Man, we were PISSED. Austin returning then would have gotten the biggest pop EVER.

Ah, how I wish the WWE wasn't so concerned about ratings and buyrates that they would have surprises like that nowadays. Oh well.

For fans of 1980s WWF squash shows, what was the deal w/ jobber Rick Hunter? Was he a friend of Patterson? He was old, extremely clumsy, and looked horrible. Not only that, but he would also get booked as The Gladiator. How did he have a job for as long as he did? He was beyond putrid out there.

Just watched WrestleMania VI on 24/7.

How did Demolition turn heel after winning the tag titles?

And what did Hogan do between losing the title and feuding with Earthquake before SummerSlam?

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

And what did Hogan do between losing the title and feuding with Earthquake before SummerSlam?

Hogan and Quake had a little issue stemming from pre WM, Hulk went on Brother Love, got laid out HUGE by Quake (Biggest injury angle for Hulk since 86 with Paul Orndorff- kids crying etc) Then it was basically announced Hogan was done - the WWF even did a video montage of Hulks glory moments that would segue into dark music as they flashed Quake squashing him. The final shot was Hulk's locker being slowly shut - symbolyzing the end.

Hulk was doing Suburban Commando for real, and needed time off. He returned at SSlam.

How did Demolition turn heel after winning the tag titles?

I think Demolition showed up with Crush one week, then the next week they did an interview with Mean Gene where they basically told the fans to go to hell.

Why didn't Austin return at WrestleMania 16? I'm sure it's because he wasn't medically cleared to have any physical activity, but I always thought he could just come out and distract HHH or Vince, like Piper did to Rude at SummerSlam 89.

Instead, the heavily advertised his return at Backlash, obviously to spike a buyrate. Me and my friends were watching Vince hit Rock with the chair at Mania and just SCREAMING for Austin......then HHH gets the pin. Man, we were PISSED. Austin returning then would have gotten the biggest pop EVER.

Ah, how I wish the WWE wasn't so concerned about ratings and buyrates that they would have surprises like that nowadays. Oh well.

Yeah, I always thought Austin should have shown up as well. At the time I thought Backlash was everything Wrestlemania 2000 should have been.

I think WM 2000 and the unsatisfying resolution to the HHH-Steph-Kurt lone triangle were the early signals of the downward path creative was headed.

I think when Crush first came in, they were still faces, then on a Brother Love segment one time the attacked the Hart Foundation, who were wanting to know when they were going to get their Tag Title match. Remember, it was announced during WMVI that they had challenged the winners of the Demolition/Colossal Connection match

What was the deal w/ Johnny Valiant's WWF departure in 1987? Was there any bad blood there? Or was it a mutual deal?

I'd always heard it was a mutual parting. I think he just retired.

Apparently, his one-man off-Broadway show is killer.