TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

The same argument was made when Angle beat Austin for the title in 2001, that Austin grabbed the ring apron before he tapped out and that should have forced the hold to be broken.

What? What?

Um, what is the story behind Austin's doing this, and the fact we're still hearing it today?

I got a 45 second video package off Limewire with him just saying it repeatedly, as well as one of my favourite Vince lines ever "I HATE THAT WORD, AUSTIN!". He's also talking down to Hugh Morrus, but I still haven't been able to make heads or tails of this. Fill me in?

Supposedly, when he was injured, him and Christian had an answering machine thing, where they would leave each other insanely long messages. It was born from there

I think Adam Bomb was leaving WWF already, wasn't he?

I think they also were gearing up for doing an Earthquake/Yokozuna feud, so they probably wanted Tenta to look strong.

Bomb was still around for another year or so. I'm guessing they knew they would be pressed for time. They had a longer rematch on Raw a few weeks later which would probably have been the match at WM.

Yeah I doubt anyone would have thrown their seat at Bret at the end of the show because they didn't get to see Earthquake and Adam Bomb... Why bother doing it? It made Adam Bomb look a total cretin, and for what, EARTHQUAKE? the guy looked awful, like a hobo in his granny's underpants.

This question has always been on my mind but I keep forgetting to ask this board about it:

At the 1991 Royal Rumble the reason Randy Savage & Sherri interfered in the Warrior-Slaughter WWF Championship match was because Slaughter told Savage if he won he'd give him a title shot while the Warrior refused Sherri's request for the same during the show.

So did Savage ever get his WWF Title match with Slaughter post-Royal Rumble 1991?

1.) What were the blow-offs to Hogan Vs. Dibiase and Hogan Vs. Earthquake?

2.) How did Alice Cooper get involved with the Roberts / Honky Tonk Man feud?

3.) How did the Sting / Roberts feud start?

4.) I guess back in the day of wrestling, if you threw your opponent over the top rope, you got disqualified. That sounds silly to me so I was wondering when did they rid of that?

1.) What were the blow-offs to Hogan Vs. Dibiase?

They didn't necessarily have a ppv one-on-one blowoff per se, but Hogan beat him enough times across the country in 1987-88 to show his dominance over DiBiase.

2.) How did Alice Cooper get involved with the Roberts / Honky Tonk Man feud?

It was merely announced during a WrestleMania III report that Cooper would be in Roberts' corner for the match.

3.) How did the Sting / Roberts feud start?

Roberts attacked and injured Sting the night of Sting's big rematch in Baltimore against WCW Champion Vader. This was Roberts' surprise debut w/ WCW. The match was awarded to Simmons via random draw while Sting turned his attention to Roberts until Halloween Havoc.

Roberts attacked and injured Sting the night of Sting's big rematch in Baltimore against WCW Champion Vader. This was Roberts' surprise debut w/ WCW. The match was awarded to Simmons via random draw while Sting turned his attention to Roberts until Halloween Havoc.

That whole angle was tremendous and possibly the lone highlight of Bill Watts stint in charge of WCW.

4.) I guess back in the day of wrestling, if you threw your opponent over the top rope, you got disqualified. That sounds silly to me so I was wondering when did they rid of that?

I think it was sometime in 1997 on an episode of Nitro. I seem to remember there was a match with the over top rope DQ finish, and something happened off of that to where the next week on Nitro Tony Schiavone announced that the over-the-top rope disqualification rule had been rescinded.

^

Wasn't there a match in 97 where it was supposed to be over the top disqualification, and it wound up ruining some really good on paper match? Wcw? I thinnnnnnnnnnnnnk it was on Wrestlecrap.

Yeah, I seem to remember Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell being involved in that...I think it may have actually happened later, like in 1998.

The Catch as Catch Can Match: Dean Malenko takes on Kidman in a match in which you lose if you hit the floor. Unfortantely, Dean forgets, and the match ends 90 seconds in. Whoops!

There we go. That's latter days WCW, I guess.

What? What?

Um, what is the story behind Austin's doing this, and the fact we're still hearing it today?

I got a 45 second video package off Limewire with him just saying it repeatedly, as well as one of my favourite Vince lines ever "I HATE THAT WORD, AUSTIN!". He's also talking down to Hugh Morrus, but I still haven't been able to make heads or tails of this. Fill me in?

the first time he did it I htink was the sd before summerslam 01 where he talked down members of the alliance in the ring, including Hugh Morrus and Tazz, angle ran out to attack austin and tazz acred like he wa sturning face but attacked angle and the two had a short match in the main event. the crowd started catching on and did it back to austin.

at first it was not so bad but it got old by the time he turned face

I'm sure I was looking through a load of old colliseum videos a while back and saw a Shawn Michaels vs Roddy Piper singles match listed on one- can anyone tell me which one it was as I can't seem to find it now and am sure I'm not just making it up!!!

1992 The Year In Review.

I think I remember something like Bret Hart handing Piper a boot to hit Michaels or something to that effect? Anyone could fill me in with some details on this like whose boot was it or if it was a boot at all? Thanks in advance.

I could SWEAR that during the early days of Goldust, I heard Vince say on commentary, referring to GD's entrance, as a "Golden Shower". More than once.

Can anyone confirm/deny that? Because I better get to therapy post haste if I'm imagining Vince McMahon talking of golden showers when I was eleven years old.

I could SWEAR that during the early days of Goldust, I heard Vince say on commentary, referring to GD's entrance, as a "Golden Shower". More than once.

Can anyone confirm/deny that? Because I better get to therapy post haste if I'm imagining Vince McMahon talking of golden showers when I was eleven years old.

Well that certainly sounds alarming at first. However it may be a reference to the gold confetti stuff that fell from the arena ceiling during his entrance.

I'm sure I was looking through a load of old colliseum videos a while back and saw a Shawn Michaels vs Roddy Piper singles match listed on one- can anyone tell me which one it was as I can't seem to find it now and am sure I'm not just making it up!!!

1992 The Year In Review.

I think I remember something like Bret Hart handing Piper a boot to hit Michaels or something to that effect? Anyone could fill me in with some details on this like whose boot was it or if it was a boot at all? Thanks in advance.

WWF @ Biloxi, MS - Coast Coliseum - March 10, 1992

Road to WrestleMania VIII:

Shawn Michaels (w/ Sensational Sherri) defeated WWF IC Champion Roddy Piper via disqualification when the champion attempted to hit Michaels with Sherri's boot - handed to him by Bret Hart

1992 The Year In Review.

WWF @ Biloxi, MS - Coast Coliseum - March 10, 1992

Road to WrestleMania VIII:

Shawn Michaels (w/ Sensational Sherri) defeated WWF IC Champion Roddy Piper via disqualification when the champion attempted to hit Michaels with Sherri's boot - handed to him by Bret Hart

You rule, cawthon. Thanks.

Why did Marty Jannetty disappear so soon after HBK superkicked him through the Barber Shop window? If I remember correctly, Jannetty was supposed to be in the 92 Royal Rumble. Was it drugs? An injury?

Why did Marty Jannetty disappear so soon after HBK superkicked him through the Barber Shop window? If I remember correctly, Jannetty was supposed to be in the 92 Royal Rumble. Was it drugs? An injury?

As I recall, it was a work. Marty was selling the Barber Shop injury.

Guest Fook

What was the point of having Michaels superkick the timekeeper during the WM12 iron man match? It never led to anything. When it happened they just stretchered the guy out and it was competely forgotten. At least in the HIAC match with Taker, Michaels injuring the cameraman was the reason they were able to get out of the cell.