TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Retro Rob

Trish Int. Pulled from Main Page

Guest The Czech Republic
I looked at "Trish"'s posting history and I still think it is a prank. Why would she want to know the theme music of WCW Starrcade 1997?

Because it's cool, it's all orchestral and shit

Guest Zero_Cool

Amazingly, my first post on this thread. And I know that WWE is watching. Wicked awesome! Big UPs~! to Dames and Rob for standing their ground like mothertruckin' Scarface and stuff.

On a completely unrelated note, Cena needs to do a rap on McMahon, where he does nothing but call him old for two minutes. Wrong thread, but meh.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I just stumbled onto this. Haven't read most of the details. No offense, but did anyone actually think they were really talking to Trish Stratus? It's just...silly to me. That you wouldn't even be able to confirm it over the phone. It's not the safest approach to journalism and you guys should know that.

Good luck getting it sorted, though.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Somehow this has turned into like history's dumbest thread.

But I approve.

Guest MARTYEWR

My gut feeling is that it WASN'T Trish that Rob was talking to. Not a knock on Rob, of course, as he's a cool guy who likes EWR and all (thumbs up, cheap pop).

However, it's not out of the ordinary to think that Trish herself has an AIM screenname, or posts on the odd message board here and there. From everything I've learned about Trish, I've nicknamed her "Queen Nerd Of WWE Divas". She spends a good amount of time on the internet (check out her comment board, and the large amount of replies for proof of that), plus she actually has a WWE action figure collection (and a large one at that) as well as a large tape and DVD collection. On top of that, Trish is awfully smart. She gave up an opportunity to go to medical school in order to pursue a career in the WWE.

I still think it wasn't her, but there's certainly a better chance of her popping up on the net here and there than, say, certain WWE main eventers.

Guest Retro Rob

I just got an e-mail from Chris Hyatte, who "Trish" supposedly chats with online. He more-or-less told me that he knows for a fact that it is her due to information she gave him during their conversations.

Just thought a few of you would be interested in that.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins
My gut feeling is that it WASN'T Trish that Rob was talking to. Not a knock on Rob, of course, as he's a cool guy who likes EWR and all (thumbs up, cheap pop).

However, it's not out of the ordinary to think that Trish herself has an AIM screenname, or posts on the odd message board here and there. From everything I've learned about Trish, I've nicknamed her "Queen Nerd Of WWE Divas". She spends a good amount of time on the internet (check out her comment board, and the large amount of replies for proof of that), plus she actually has a WWE action figure collection (and a large one at that) as well as a large tape and DVD collection. On top of that, Trish is awfully smart. She gave up an opportunity to go to medical school in order to pursue a career in the WWE.

I still think it wasn't her, but there's certainly a better chance of her popping up on the net here and there than, say, certain WWE main eventers.

Trish is a Smark.

Guest mach7

Fake or not.. it's Trish Stratus. Who gives a shit about Trish Stratus?

I'm just in a bad mood. But, seriously, I've met brick walls with more personality...

Guest hunger4unger

Any chance you could post the main points from that Email? I'm intrigued whether its her or not

Guest MARTYEWR
I just got an e-mail from Chris Hyatte, who "Trish" supposedly chats with online.  He more-or-less told me that he knows for a fact that it is her due to information she gave him during their conversations.

Just thought a few of you would be interested in that.

mach7 will probably disagree with me on this, but if it actually is Trish, and, heck, she mentions that she plays EWR, ( :) ), then I promise that I'll never complain about HHH ever again!

Guest Retro Rob
Any chance you could post the main points from that Email? I'm intrigued whether its her or not

I don't think Chris would mind. He didn't really go into detail here, but I asked him about giving more details in his next news column on 411.

Subject:  Re: Trish Stratus Interview

Date:  Fri, July 4, 2003 2:28 am

To:  [email protected]

Priority:  Normal

So why did you pull it?

I know it was a real interview because the girl told you things she has told me in private... and she gave me too much evidence that it was really her (wrestler sn's, general attitude, etc...)

I'm guessing she got in trouble from management so she asked you nicely if you could yank it.

Once again, keep an eye out for his next news column on 411 and see if he mentions anything else.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Well, if in the next few weeks Trish is either fired or gets a haircut, we'll know for sure it was her.

so she asked you nicely if you could yank it.

And what makes you so sure this is from Hyatte? :lol:

Guest Retro Rob
And what makes you so sure this is from Hyatte?

Maybe that was an attempt at internet sarcasm. ;)

Since when is Chris Hyatte an authority on ANYTHING?

In the interview, she mentions that she has spoken with Hyatte in the past.

Guest Retro Rob

There is no need to e-mail me asking for a transcript of the interview anymore.

Check the Smark Krew folder. The thread has been closed for obvious reasons.

Sounds to me like what Rob means is that interview WAS legit, but WWE got annoyed or pissed off with it and are now calling it a fake. If you look at Rob's wording, its pretty obvious he's implying that but isn't (can't?) come right out and say it?

It sounds like exactly the type of thing WWE would do.

Guest Jobber of the Week
1) If the SN was "hijacked' or a fake to begin with, don't you think her site would have reported it?

Probably because she thinks it's harmless as long as people don't do things like "give interviews."

Celebrities tend to like to keep an air of un-contactability, or else they'll have thousands of people wanting to talk to them all the time. She's not going to say she changed her AIM or what to except to those she wants to know.

Guest Jobber of the Week
I just got an e-mail from Chris Hyatte, who "Trish" supposedly chats with online. He more-or-less told me that he knows for a fact that it is her due to information she gave him during their conversations.

This the guy that posted the obviously Photoshopped "Goldberg contract termination" WWE.com news update and wondered aloud if it was real. :rolleyes:

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I've read and monitored this from afar, and I think that this is a hoax - the wrestlers know any 'media' interaction has to be approved (a direct order from Vince). I just don't think Trish is silly enough to disobey that, and if she did, not do a fluff interview (avoid anything interesting) that is so common these days.

Guest bob_barron

I wouldn't call the interview a fluff interview as it asked her many tough questions

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

barron - thats just what I mean - if it was a fluff piece, I would find it more believable. But because it isn't and does ask relevant, interesting questions, it makes me hard to believe Trish will answer the questions as she did.

Guest bob_barron

Ohhhh okay- I didn't understand what you said.

My apologies

Guest The Old Me

My head is spinning afte reading 10 pages of this. I'm still undecided. Like the "two face" girl from Seinfeld, "I could go either way."

Guest Big Poppa Popick

anyone who still thinks its a fucking hoax is just plain dumb

look people, when rob did the first interview, i went to trishstratus.com, sent her an email and posted a comment to her in thanks of the interview, provided a link to it in case she hadnt seen the final product, and let everyone on staff know that i had sent off said thank you letter... i think they even saw it.

if this thing was fake, we wouldve known then, because at that time, the wwe knew someone gave an interview to us as trish. Should it have been fake, I would have been emailed back and told to pull it

I was never emailed back

Open. Shut. Live with it.

Now I guess I can puff out my chest with pride that i actually did something for the site without ever meaning too

If i gave a damn.

I just think this debates raged long enough, we know the truth now, and thats really all that matters

rob deserves a shiznit load of credit for helping bring the site up to its actually decent reputation that it has today, largely in part to the first trish stratus interview

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

I have only been half way following this so let me see if I got it right.

Rob got an exclusive online interview with Trish. I along with eveybody else read it. But then it was called fake and pulled, even though it was real.

It that about right?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

That's pretty bad logic Popick. Had they emailed you and confirmed it was real THEN you would have something - them not even acknowledging it does very little to prove it's validity.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

So who did the interview?

Was it Rob, or did he just get it from somewhere?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Rob did the interview, and he did another interview with her....eh...a long time ago.

EDIT: I just read through the whole thing for the first time and I have to ask, what the hell did they pull it for? Wrestlers inhale cannibus! Shocking! Would they really freak out about her doing an interview with a site besides thier own?

Guest Anglesault
That's pretty bad logic Popick. Had they emailed you and confirmed it was real THEN you would have something - them not even acknowledging it does very little to prove it's validity.

You would think that if it was false and they were alerted by Popick's letter, they would take action right away