TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Retro Rob

Trish Int. Pulled from Main Page

Guest Dangerous A

Wrong poster. JOTW gets cred for funniest post of the month.

That was laugh out loud funny!!

Guest Eagan469
If WWF goes after anyone it'll be "Trish".

Eh?

He means the person posing as Trish who did the interview on AIM.

Impersonating celebs and saying things on the record is a no-no.

Guest Jobber of the Week
JOTW...thats going into my sig..thats awesome!

Thanks but if you want to keep it save it and up it somewhere else. I tend to delete my crap regularly without second thought when I need room.

Guest Eagan469
100TH POST................and it aint a big deal is it.

have a wafer:

301.jpg

Guest Repo Man jr
100TH POST................and it aint a big deal is it.

No, not in the middle of this huge "Fake Trish" angle.

Guest Doyo
Someone tried starting a thread at Wrestling Classics stating "Trish" was a fake and not really posting and it got locked. How ignorant.

Yup that was me and I think they are just trying to play it safe.

I already got in "trouble" over there for asking Trish if there were

other wrestlers who posted on boards.

I'm guessing that the interview was legit and that the TS over

on wrestling classics was really her. I feel this way because she

has been registered over there for almost a year. Seems like

an awful long time to plan out a prank. You can look at some of

her posting history here.

Guest ArchoanJB

Can you feel the excitement!?!?!1111

But yea it looks like a prank, there are ton of people who always act like a wrestler online, either way it's a lot of fun to watch :P

Guest Doyo

After the Willie the Worker thing and now this, Vince will

probably be checking everyone to see if they have a laptop.

If anyone is seen on a telephone, Vince will run over and

take it away from them.

Guest Jobber of the Week
Seems like an awful long time to plan out a prank.

I would agree with you, but "OMG I talked to Trish Stratus on AIM but I can't giver her screenname to you!" has been a common topic on these boards. It seems a "I CHAT TO TRISH" thread pops up here every several months.

I've long wondered that if Trish was so active online (I understand other wrestlers are online, but aren't nearly as, ah, chatty), why she never talked to any of the sites about anything. I think now I know why.

I think someone gave this "interview" thinking it was a GeoCities-level site and not something that was going to be, say, linked on the Torch. Now the IP address is all over WrestlingClassics and this long jig is finally up.

I mean, really, do you think Trish would post something like this? Seriously?

Guest CanadianChick
After the Willie the Worker thing and now this, Vince will

probably be checking everyone to see if they have a laptop.

If anyone is seen on a telephone, Vince will run over and

take it away from them.

*snickers*

That would be pretty funny.

Hurricane: Hi..Dad?..Hi, I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday...so, how's mom doin-

::Vince snatches cell phone and hangs up::

Vince: Who do you think you are, huh? Talking on a cell phone. The audacity!

Hurricane: It was just my dad, it's his birthday today...

Vince: I'm your dad now, got that?

Oh, the possibilities...

Guest Eagan469

didn't Retro Rob say that around 11 he was going to "reveal" something?

:: awaits gay explanation ::

Guest ArchoanJB

Ahh, soon I can see a who new slew of wrestling parodies on the lines of ones we saw almost a year ago, the material we have no would make some priceless ones

Guest Dangerous A

That link by JotW put the nail in this coffin.

NO FUCKIN WAY THAT IS TRISH ON WRESTLINGCLASSICS POSTING THAT SHIT!

Guest Eagan469
I looked at "Trish"'s posting history and I still think it is a prank. Why would she want to know the theme music of WCW Starrcade 1997?

lol

Guest Doyo

Who knows, but she could have wrote that about Foley. I think

a lot of the wwe women like him in a big teddy bear way. He recently

said something about the big hug Stacy gave him when he came back.

Guest Retro Rob

I left a little while ago to work on the most complete explanation of this entire situation that I could. I have not read any of the posts that were made since I showed both of the conversations I had with Trish Stratus today. So prepare to read the 100%, Completely True Unedited Story of the REAL explanation to all of this controversy. Hell, I’m going to start by discussing what happened over a year ago last summer.

TSM was first opened in May of 2002. We were doing pretty well, but need something to put us over the top. I thought it would be a good idea to interview a WWE Superstar. Now, I only knew Trish’s AIM SN because it was revealed to the internet during an AOL chat that Test did. Since then her SN made the rounds and eventually most of us knew it. Unlike those other “wrestler SNs”, this one actually popped up online sometimes. It was actually consistent in the sense that it only came online while Trish was not on the road or doing PR work. While talking to this person, they actually replied TIMELY and said nothing that would make you think twice as to whether they truly were Trish Stratus.

Since practically no other Wrestler SNs were ever proven legitimate, I went with Trish’s for the interview last year. Admittedly, it was my first try at an interview and really didn’t reveal anything interesting. This “cut-and-dry” interview was plugged by numerous big sites (1wrestling, the Torch, Rajah) and I never heard anything about it being a fake. Keep in mind, there are people in the WWE who are PAID to scour the ‘net for various reasons. Yet I never heard anything from anyone. Interesting…

Now some of you may be thinking, well maybe since the interview was so dull, Trish and the WWE saw no harm in keeping it on the site. Or maybe WWE officials didn’t even see the point in asking her about it. That is a valid point EXCEPT Poppick posted a thank you note on her comment board, which was never made viewable on the site (like many other comments), but now without a doubt Trish would have known that she had an imposter running around on AIM.

A little under a year goes by, and I strike up conversation with her again. She expresses interest in a second interview, so we went through with it. I knew that the last one was nothing special, so I thought I would spruce this one up a little with questions concerning Goldberg, TNA, recent booking decisions, the Rock, and even substance abuse. Obviously she could have balked any of those questions (which she did for one), but instead choose to answer them. Now back to the argument of how do you know it was really her, majority the answers were sent WITHIN A MINUTE of the question being asked. The more involved answers took a little longer, but what do you expect? Back to the interview, after completing I E-MAILED her a copy of it to make sure it was fine. She didn’t have any negative comments about it, so I went ahead and posted it on Tuesday.

Just like with the last interview, I plugged this one to several sites. To my knowledge it was only picked up by LOP and The Torch. The idiots at The Torch botched the plug, but that is beyond the point. Now I know that ALL of you wanted the interview posted on her site, so I asked her about it. She said that it wasn’t the kind of interview that belonged on her site. Furthermore she stated, some of the things she said could have even gotten her in trouble. So that gives us two points to look at.

1) If you look at her site, it is more or less an online resume and does not include links to any off-site comments made by her.

2) She obviously said something that was not thought highly of by others in the company. At this point I was just hoping that no other sites picked up the interview. Then again, I also e-mailed certain writers about plugging it… That was of course before I knew what went down. Hopefully THOSE people do not mention it either. If they do, it is out of my hands at this point. If they say it is a fake, that is probably because they read the message on her site and since they DO NOT visit this board, they will never see this post.

I went out all day and had a damn good time. I came home and went to see if any other sites linked to the interview. Fortunately they did not. However I checked her official site and saw the same statement that all of you did. Immediately I knew this was simply a bullshit cover up, but I also knew that there was no way to prove that since it is my word (a moderately well-known internet personality) vs. her word (a frickin WWE Superstar). You can now see that I was in a tough spot. Also, isn’t it interesting how both the first interview and this one was made available to WWE employees and her site, yet only the more controversial one is called a fake. I was EXTREMELY lucky that Dames was online this way I could present him with all the information and take it from there. Originally we decided it would be best to just apologize and withhold any information that would disprove the statement on her site. We really didn’t want this to escalate. On the other hand, I wasn’t going to lie and say that YES this was must have been a fraud, when I knew otherwise. This is why I made certain comments in my “apology”.

What a coincidence, guess who was ALSO online at this time? No, not Bob Barron (even though he was), but the lady in question. I had to know WHY she couldn’t just ask me to pull the interview earlier today when we spoke. Anyhow, you can find this complete conversation on Page 2. After talking with her I felt pretty bad about the whole thing. But then I also saw that I was getting OWNED over here. Great minds must think alike, because both Dames and myself decided that keeping you all in the dark was not the way to go. So I posted both conversations and signed off to write this.

No, I am not done yet. Those of you WHO STILL think I was “had”, here is yet even more proof. When I noticed the message on her site, it seemed like NO ONE else on the forum read it yet. I was actually quite happy about that and thought it would be good if I said something before you found out yourselves. Anyhow, when I spoke with her, word hadn’t really gotten out yet about the statement, yet she QUICKLY replied to my messages. I mean, NO I did not call this woman on the phone, but don’t you think that all of this is more than a coincidence?

Now, there is also the question about WHY I changed my mind about withholding information and then coming forward. I was actually going to come clean right off the bat, but at first Dames thought it may not be in the best interest of the site if I blatantly make a statement that could be interpreted as trying to save my own ass, when that really was not the problem here. However, after my final conversation with Trish online something became apparent to me. She did what she HAD to do in order to salvage her reputation and left me and TSM hanging in the process. Obviously my reputation and the site’s may not matter as much as hers, but if she was going to play hardball, I had to fire back. She dragged my name and TSM through the mud because of a mistake SHE made. Therefore, *I* did what I had to do to save my name and the sites. Then there is also the fact that I shouldn’t keep you guys in the dark. Especially considering the general relationship I have with many of you. Whether it is based on friendship, or respect, I owed all of you the actual truth in this matter. Plus many of you went to bat for me when Jericho585 and others doubted my work. You said things like I’m a reputable guy who never gave anyone a reason to doubt him.

For those of you who think it is Jericho585, keep in mind that this SN first surfaced back in 2000, before Trish was even that popular.

If this is not enough for some of you, then too fucking bad. At this point I had enough of this entire situation and just wanted to wipe my hands clean of it. On the bright side, controversy may draw in new readers and someone in the WWE DEFINITELY checks out this site. Lastly, when Dames asked me to pull the interview, that was before this entire thing unraveled. And even though it is actually legitimate, it may be in everyone’s best interest to keep it off the main page. Maybe Will could throw it into my archives down the line. ;) “The interview that was too hot for the WWE to handle.” Ok, now I’m straying from the topic.

In closing, you are all entitled to your own opinion, but THIS is the story from the guy that knows it best. If you don’t want to believe it, fuck off. Quite frankly, I’m sick of hearing that *I* am both a liar and someone who fell for another lie. Hopefully most you will be able to tell that I am being honest here and more importantly, hopefully this mess does not affect the site in a negative way. If it does, I wholeheartedly apologize, even though I wasn’t the one that did anything wrong.

So....I guess my exclusive interview with Steve Lombardi is not welcome here, huh?

Guest Jobber of the Week
Who knows, but she could have wrote that about Foley. I think

a lot of the wwe women like him in a big teddy bear way. He recently

said something about the big hug Stacy gave him when he came back.

Yeah, man. Trish is going to talk about "the shows not being as interesting as they used to be" and talk about Foley taking someone else's position in the writing team. On a public website.

Guest Eagan469

My conspiracy theory:

The only way Retro Rob's story correct is if "TS" on wrestlingclassics *is not* Trish and just put Trish's AIM name and birthdate in his/her profile after "The Interview" came out to try and make the "TS" name look legit on the wrestlingclassics board.

In that case, Rob was really talking to Trish.

But, we'll never know...

Guest bob_barron

Okay-

I still believe Retro Rob here that that was Trish. He posted a full explanation here and I hope you guys are satisfied

Im satisfied. I also think RR should tell something to those at Wrestling Classics and tell them to stop drooling over "TS" and tell them it is a fake because it obviously is.

Guest Eagan469
Im satisfied. I also think RR should tell something to those at Wrestling Classics and tell them to stop drooling over "TS" and tell them it is a fake because it obviously is.

They already locked all threads regarding "Trish".