TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KTID

"You Fans Can Stick It, Brother!"

In the 'How the internet ruins wrestling' thread, bps "The Truth" 21 said:

I wish I could find the clip of Vince opening RAW and explaining that we fans are too smart for "good guys" and "bad guys" and that we're tired of having our intelligence insulted. That would be in my sig right now.

This prompted me to search through my collection of Power Slam's to find Vince's speach. When doing so i discovered this, a collection of classic TV quotes, which some of you may want to use in your sigs. Anyway, the point is for you to add to the list with your favourite wrestler TV quotes.

"In case you're tempted to grab the remote and check out our competition, don’t bother. It’s two or three weeks old. Shawn Michaels beats the big guy with a superkick that wouldn’t earn a green belt at a YMCA. Stay right here. It’s live.” – Eric Bischoff reveals the result of the pre-taped Raw main event, Nitro, September 1995.

"You people know who I am, but you don't know why I am here. When that Ken doll look-alike, that weatherman-wannabe (Eric Bischoff), gets out here, I've got a challenge for him, for Billionaire Ted, for the Nacho Man and for anyone else in WCW. You wan't a war? You've got one!" - Scott Hall gate-crashes Monday Nitro, May 1996.

"(Scott Hall) said he would be bringing someone with him (this week). I'm here. You still don't have three guys (to face The Outsiders at Bash At The Beach). What, you couldn't get a paleontologist to get a couple of those old fossils cleared? You haven't got enough guys off a dialysis machine to get a team? The measuring stick just went up around here." - Kevin Nash joins Scott Hall, Monday Nitro, June 1996.

"For two years, I've held my head high. I've done everything for charity, I've done everything for the kids. And for the reception I got here...you fans can stick it , brother!" - Hulk Hogan turns heel, Bash At The Beach, July 1996.

"The most expensive piece of luggage in the WWF, right there." - Shawn Michaels tells the world that Sid has to be carried, In Your House XII, December 1996.

"Bret, I've seen you on the road, jack, and you ain't no role model. You've seen some Sunny days." - Shawn Michaels alleges that 'The Hitman' has been playing away from home with Tamara 'Sunny' Stytch, Raw, June 1997.

"What about that 18-stone slapper I saw you with last night, J.R.?" - Jerry Lawler, One Night Only, September 1997.

"What's a slapper?" - J.R. (in response).

"You weren't in on that?" - Bret Hart, post-Survivor Series footage from Wrestling With Shadows, November 1997.

"I had no f***ing idea. With God as my f***ing witness, my hands are clean of this one. I swear to God." - Shawn Michaels (in response).

"This is a conscious effort on our part to open the creative envelope, so to speak, to entertain you in a more contemporary way. We in the WWF think you, the audience, are, quite frankly, tired of having your intelligence insulted. We also think you're tired of the same old simplistic theory of 'good guys versus bad guys'. Therefore, we've embarked upon an innovative, contemporary campaign that is more invigorating and extemporaneous than before." - Vince McMahon delivers his 'New Direction' speech, Raw, December 1997.

"What was once a captivating, trend-setting programme has deteriorated into a cliched - and let's be honest - boring snoozefest that is in dire need of a knight in shining armour. Let's go over the facts. Television ratings: downward spiral. Pay-Per-View buy rates: plummeting. Mainstream acceptance: nonexistent. Reactions of the live crowd: complete and utter silence (due to) the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre sports entertainers." - Chris Jericho is about two-and-a-half years early on his evaluation, Raw, August 1999.

"Look at these guys: they've got no charisma. These guys are terrible." - Konnan on Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire, New Blood Rising, August 2000.

Guest saturnmark4life

But really, what's the purpose of anything? Let's have a thread on that.

Oh, and check out LOD Hawk's interviews if you want tripped out shit.

Guest Choken One

Nah...Warrior's Rantings are the ULTIMATE (get it? HA!) comedy material...

Guest Choken One

I found that odd that a Deaf dude like me can CLEARLY understand Warrior and Steiner even with out the CC...

Guest saturnmark4life
I found that odd that a Deaf dude like me can CLEARLY understand Warrior and Steiner even with out the CC...

I guess you have been blessed with a sixth sense, cos I think Jim said something about a stone circle once and that's all i got.

Mind you, If you're reading lips, he puts extra emphasis on each grunt, so that might help.

Guest The Czech Republic

THIS IS MY DIET! I EAT THIS EVERY DAY! Wherever I read that from whatever Warrior transcript made me laugh non-stop.

Guest hagger85

"I went to the WWF, where I became one of its biggest stars" - Chris Jericho, Raw, before Bad Blood.

"I had no f***ing idea. With God as my f***ing witness, my hands are clean of this one. I swear to God." - Shawn Michaels (in response).

Funny having heard that from a man who now claims to be a man of God.

"This is a conscious effort on our part to open the creative envelope, so to speak, to entertain you in a more contemporary way. We in the WWF think you, the audience, are, quite frankly, tired of having your intelligence insulted. We also think you're tired of the same old simplistic theory of 'good guys versus bad guys'. Therefore, we've embarked upon an innovative, contemporary campaign that is more invigorating and extemporaneous than before." - Vince McMahon delivers his 'New Direction' speech, Raw, December 1997

What the fawk was he talking about? It always has been, still is, and will always be about good guys vs. bad guys. Although in rare cases, you'll have face vs. face or heel vs. heel.

:ph34r:

Guest The Old Me
No, I like spelling fuck as fawk, ass.

What else do you like to do, that is completely senseless and annoying?

Guest Steviekick

Has anyone read the rants on Andrew WK's webpage? They are Ultimate Warrior level messed up.

Guest The Old Me
Has anyone read the rants on Andrew WK's webpage? They are Ultimate Warrior level messed up.

I wouldn't bother.

Guest The ChriZa

The only problem with saying "fawk" in liu of "fuck" is that it...doesn't sound like "fuck". That's like saying "shawt" instead of "shit".

I can't believe I am making this point...

Guest BobBacklundRules

Speaking of "warrioirization" here's his mission statement from ultimatewarrior.com, in case any of you little warriors haven't visited said web site.

"To think, act and believe through my own thoughts and actions in a manner, alone and while interacting with all others, that convinces any eyes and ears upon me that each human life is to be made important and taken serious, and that one should do in one's lifetime that which will live forever."

Take a drink and think about THAT ONE for a while

Guest The ChriZa

Is it just me or does BobBacklundRules's avatar look like Backlund's head on a chicken???

Slapper pretty much = a woman who it is easy to get into their pants.

By Vince's good guy bad guy thing, he meant not all faces had to be American flag waving, fan loving, never cheating goody good guys. For example, Stone Cold Steve Austin. The heel like face.

Guest saturnmark4life

September 9th.............