TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORSE NIGHTMARE COMES TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T FIND MY SEASON TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am an idiot. :bonk:

I've got 4 and a half hours to find it.... Not feeling confident.

Bloody living in Manchester, if i was back down south I'd have 7 hours to find it, then i'd have a chance.

I am idiot. :spank:

Guest frowned

hey MiG - how did Jim Brennan get on when he was at Forest? I mean, we got him in the Summer and up until Christmas he was pretty much permanently out due to injuries. But since Christmas he's been establishing himself pretty well down the left had a good couple of games and really looks like he might be able to hack it in the Premiership (IF we maintain current form).

He left on a Bosman right? Could Forest not afford the wages or was he not fitting in or what? (I genuinely know nothing on the guy).

hey MiG - how did Jim Brennan get on when he was at Forest? I mean, we got him in the Summer and up until Christmas he was pretty much permanently out due to injuries. But since Christmas he's been establishing himself pretty well down the left had a good couple of games and really looks like he might be able to hack it in the Premiership (IF we maintain current form).

He left on a Bosman right? Could Forest not afford the wages or was he not fitting in or what? (I genuinely know nothing on the guy).

Oh, Jim...

I always had a soft spot for Jimbo. With my seat being where it is (BC Lower, Block R, Row 5, Seat 78 for any snipers out there) I'm far enough back to get a good view of the shape of the team and everything, but near enough for the players to hear what you yell at them. At Forest v Wallsall two years ago there was a dodgy decision by the ref right in front of me and what should've been a Forest throw was given to Wallsall. The Forest player the ball was judged to have came off was Jim. I yelled "Bad luck Jimbo. Not your fault" and he looked up, gave me a thumbs up and said "Cheers mate!".

Anyway, Jim is an excellent player. He was absolute shite after Platt bought him from Bristol City, but last year he was very very good. Him and Matty Louis-Jean were *hugely* important for us last year as they were the only width we had.

I really don't know if he could hack it in the Premiership though. I don't know who you're left midfielder is, but if he's very good then Jim could do well, but with us he always had problems when isolated with a forward.

He left because Platt had put him on £7,500 a week or something stupid and we offered him a lot less to resign. He also said "Forest have no ambition" which at the time was an unbelievable statement to make.... No of course its bloody obvious.

Anyway, to sum up - I don't think there's a better attacking left back in the First Division than Jim (apart from Alan Rogers, obviously ;) ), but i honestly think he'd stuggle at a higher level.

STILL CAN'T FIND MY SEASON TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

Yeah. Still no idea where my damn season ticket it. God, having to *pay* to get into a game... it's weird.

Thing is we weren't that bad really. I mean, you couldn't really say that anyone had a particularly bad game or anything, we just couldn't score. Second half we had no width out on the right as Impey was put to right back after Gunnarsson was taken off for Jess.

On the way back I had 606 on and some guy rang up and said we were exactly the same as under Hart, which is rubbish as we've actually scored 4 in 3 games and we didn't score at all in Hart's last 7 games or something. But second half last night we did have a familier feeling of "we're never going to score".

The attendance was 26,500 though which really is unbelievable considering everything.

Fuck you David Platt.

Speaking of big clubs in crisis we have Sheffield Wednesday away on Saturday, we drew 1-1 at Ashton Gate and it was great having their fans down our place.

BTW it's been snowing here for about 2 hours.

Nah, Barmby's too good for us. He'll turn us down tomorrow, I'm sure of it...

Admittadly (sp?) he's not exactly been great for Leeds, but he's never played for them. He was great at Liverpool for a spell and at Everton and at Spurs he was quality and 20+ England caps. So why the hell is he going to us and not a top div 1 team?

I suppose this confirms that the chairmans £4,000 wage cap only applied to Hart too as Barmby will be on £20,000+ easy and I can't see Leeds agreeing to pay £16,000 a week for him to play for us. I mean, would saving £4,000 make any difference to them?

Still, if Joe Kinnear *does* get him... What a manager. :wub:

The Coca-Cola Football League???

I don't like it, it doesn't sound right, know what I mean?

I like Nationwide as a sponsor, as it sounded like it could *just* not really be a sponsor name. The Nationwide Football League. The league does cover the whole nation, so it doesn't sound so commercial.

Anyone else read in When Saturday Comes that they're think of making Division 1 "The Football League Championship Division" and make Divisions two and three Divisions one and two? Now that's stupid.

Ward; Louis-Jean, Dawson, Walker, Rogers; Impy, Thompson, Barmby, Reid; Taylor, King.

If we manage to play that team every game from now till the end of the season I'm sure we'll stay up no problem.

But with anyone else in there we'll stuggle. No strength in depth at all. Platt's fault. Bastard.

Great game on sky, Dagenham and Redbridge lost 9-0 at home to hereford, I don't suppose any of you guys have seen your team beaten that badly at home, the worst for City wasa 6-1 reverse against Wolves and an on loan David Connolly got 4.

Edit:I forgot the 8-1 where Solskjaer got 4 goals in 11 minutes.

Coventry City 2 - 0 Derby County. DAMMIT.

Nottingham Forest 2 - 1 Bradford City. GOD DAMMIT.

Derby in the Relegation Zone, Forest Out. MOTHERFUCKING GOD DAMMIT BULLSHIT TO HELL!

Coventry City 2 - 0 Derby County. DAMMIT.

Nottingham Forest 2 - 1 Bradford City. GOD DAMMIT.

Derby in the Relegation Zone, Forest Out. MOTHERFUCKING GOD DAMMIT BULLSHIT TO HELL!

Forest scored again??? Was it like 98th mioute??