TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest welshjerichomark

English Football

They've just said on Century we've sign Andy Impy and Alan Rogers on loan....

Hmmm....

I'm sort of happy to see Tank back, even if he's no where near as good as he was before his big knee injury, but is Andy Impy really the sort of player we need? Probably not.

Bloody hell - Brian Deane too!?!

A proven goal scorer at least. And as its just for the rest of season it doesn't matter he's 76 or however old he is.

Wow.

Big Fat Joe's Red And White Army!

Even if we are just Leicester rejects....

My dad's a HUGE Forest fan and never forgets to tell me at least twice a year about Forest winning the Euorpean Cup back-to-back and goign on some kind of 42 game unbeaten record.

The problem with the fans you talk about are similar to my all time hated football fans, Liverpool fans. Yeah, I even hate them more than Man Utd fans. Liverpool fans live in the past and are far to pessimistic about their current side. They fail to realise they don't deserve to be associated with Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea. When Liverpool lose their fans bitch like little girls, and when Liverpool win, the fans think its the long awaited (yet never to happen) big turnaround.

Strange to see Impey AND Rogers loaned out together, just one going wouldn't have bothered me but two seems weird. I'm not sure we have that much cover in the full-back position although they can always be recalled I suppose. I presume/hope Peter Canero, our recent signing from Kilmarnock will be avaliable pretty soon to possibly fill in on the left side. Scimeca played there on Tuesday and unless something happens to Thatcher the left side is ok. I haven't heard about Brian Deane yet, I think thats a mistake on West Ham's part if its true (with Defoe it makes them -2 strikers) as he's at least a useful squad member and could be vital in certain games,

He's not too bad, he's never really been bad enough to labelled a liability at any time although his best days must be behind him at this stage, he had his best run when O'Neil was still here I think. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't do a solid job for you in Div 1.

Guest jpclemmons
The problem with the fans you talk about are similar to my all time hated football fans, Liverpool fans. Yeah, I even hate them more than Man Utd fans. Liverpool fans live in the past and are far to pessimistic about their current side. They fail to realise they don't deserve to be associated with Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea. When Liverpool lose their fans bitch like little girls, and when Liverpool win, the fans think its the long awaited (yet never to happen) big turnaround.

Liverpool fans remind me of Raider(NFL) fans. Myopic and always thinking about how great they were.

Can Impey play right mid-field to an effective first division degree? Cos thats the main area we're lacking in. We've been playing Bopp their recently, and as talented as Bopp is, and he is a seriously hot prospect, he's far too weak and can't beat people yet.

David Batty's joining the Kinnear revolution apparantly.

Although i'm more concerned that if we don't give the city council £5m by the end of the season they'll kick us out the ground.

3-1 down at half time and we pull back to draw 3-3 and had a *great* chance to win right at the death. Would never have happened under Hart and the key change was the subsition of lady boy poser Gareth Williams. Hart *never* subbed Gaz as he was "his boy".

Still, decent start for Joe.

3-1 down at half time and we pull back to draw 3-3 and had a *great* chance to win right at the death. Would never have happened under Hart and the key change was the subsition of lady boy poser Gareth Williams. Hart *never* subbed Gaz as he was "his boy".

Still, decent start for Joe.

Closed the gap to one point :)

Derby Vs Forest WILL be a big one this year.

God damn!

Games like that remind me why I'm a football fan. You may be outplayed all match, but it can turn in a second. Great game to watch if you're a Pompey fan.

:)

Forest v Derby tonight and Dawson returns!!

Well, reserves anyway.

Obviously i'm going, so expect a score when i get back.

Try and pick up a team sheet, i want to see how many kids are getting a run out for Derby.

Bugger.

Derby won 3-1. Dawson did look good, although not 100%.

Anyway, the teams were...

Forest - Roche; Biggins, Dawson, Doig, Robertson; Bopp, Gunnarsson, Stewart, Cash; Westcarr, Jess

Derby - Camp; Turner, Twigg, Valakari, Mills, Molloy, Cassidy, Bolder, Manel, Tudgay, Lebarthe Tome.

Jess scored for Forest, but by then we were 2-0 down. I know Manel scored the last Derby one, and I *think* Lebarthe Tome got the other two, but i'm not sure.

Roche; Biggins, Dawson, Doig, Robertson; Bopp, Gunnarsson, Stewart, Cash; Westcarr, Jess

All have played in the first team *this year*! (apart from Biggins)

We just haven't got anyone else.

BIG GAZ TAYLOR SCORED FOR WALES!!!

Brilliant. He deserves it.

Roche; Biggins, Dawson, Doig, Robertson; Bopp, Gunnarsson, Stewart, Cash; Westcarr, Jess

All have played in the first team *this year*! (apart from Biggins)

We just haven't got anyone else.

BIG GAZ TAYLOR SCORED FOR WALES!!!

Brilliant. He deserves it.

Bless him, he's the player my Forest supporting friend always slams as a useless donkey, and I'm left defending him, simply because I don't believe that Mark Hughes would pick a donkey for the Wales squad. Wasn't a stunning goal or anything, but it was great to see him get on the scoresheet.

The thing with Big Gaz is that what he does well, he does absolutly brillaint. i.e. he wins ***everything*** in the air, and he always gets good accuratcy on the flick-ons etc. Unfotunatly, he isn't the quickets, and won't dribble past ten players before banging the ball in the top corner of the net.

Now, to a lot of Forest fans this makes him crap.

Which is a shame, because he has looked poor under Hart because we didn't have any wingers and width so we put no crosses in the box. Taylor scored 16 goals last year for Burnley and only one was not a header!! So that shows what we've been doing wrong. Now Kinnear has got some width in the team it's not a surprise that Taylor scored on Saturday for the first goal in 15 games, and now thats got his confidence up which is where the goal for Wales came from.

Question For Leicester Fans.

Who do you consider to be your main local rivals?

I only ask as I and all the Forest fans I know don't care at all about Leicester, and all the Derby fans I know are also pretty apathetic. But all my Leicester mates hate the both of us and Villa for some reason.

It only seems to be Villa fans that on the whole genuinly hate Leicester, so would it be them? I'd imagine it would be, but only really because for most of history us and Derby have been in the top flight (where we both belong) and you and Villa have been scambling round in the lower leagues, like us and Derby now.

So who it?