TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Batman 617

Guest SP-1
Head... hurts.... almost as much as trying to figure out how Voyager fits into the ST universe.

Voyager is a bastard child that should be locked in the basement and fed bone scraps.

Yeeeeeahhhh somehow I doubt Jason Todd is really hush.

Wasnt there a scene where Scarecrow tried to use his fear serum on Batman, but noted that Batman was already under the control of something?

My vote's on Alfred. Unlikely? Yeah I guess. So what? :headbang: Either him or the Mad Hatter, who hasn't shown up yet and could be controlling everybody with his wacky hats. Or Clayface, who could be shape shifting (he can do that, can't he?).

on related note, I just read Batman The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb (drawn by Tim Sale). I can't help but note the same type of thing. Mystery killer ("Hush" "Holiday"), story drawn out over 12-13 issues, story cycles through almost ALL the major villians per chapter, strong emphasis on Batman/Catwoman. Can't help getting a faint "retread" feeling from Hush now after reading that.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Yeeeeeahhhh somehow I doubt Jason Todd is really hush.

Wasnt there a scene where Scarecrow tried to use his fear serum on Batman, but noted that Batman was already under the control of something?

My vote's on Alfred. Unlikely? Yeah I guess. So what? :headbang: Either him or the Mad Hatter, who hasn't shown up yet and could be controlling everybody with his wacky hats. Or Clayface, who could be shape shifting (he can do that, can't he?).

on related note, I just read Batman The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb (drawn by Tim Sale). I can't help but note the same type of thing. Mystery killer ("Hush" "Holiday"), story drawn out over 12-13 issues, story cycles through almost ALL the major villians per chapter, strong emphasis on Batman/Catwoman. Can't help getting a faint "retread" feeling from Hush now after reading that.

Unlikely is one word. Retarded is a better one.

Oh and The Long Halloween was ALREADY rehashed in Dark Victory (Also by Loeb/Sale) but thanks for pointing out what most have been saying since the fourth issue of this run.

This is garbage.

As is the lastest storyline in FLASH while we're not on the subject.

Guest HHH123007
This is garbage.

As is the lastest storyline in FLASH while we're not on the subject.

Ouch....but I agree. :cheers:

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

This is such dung. Batman is usually the one book that doesn't do retareded comic crap, (not involving the main character at least)

Metro, Alfred being behind it all is the one thing that could make all this awesome.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

I haven't read books in years until a friend turned me onto this Batman storyline. I agree with most of you, but if the explantion is a good one and not too cheesy then it could work.

I did love Todd's outfit though!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
This is such dung. Batman is usually the one book that doesn't do retareded comic crap, (not involving the main character at least)

Metro, Alfred being behind it all is the one thing that could make all this awesome.

1. What "dumb comic crap involving the main character" has Batman been doing?

2. If you think Alfred should be behind this... no offense... but you are a goddamned moron.

If you were joking, it's cool. But... come on.

Guest JMA

Well, I, for one, always liked Jason Todd's character.

::ducks::

Even though I HATE bringing dead characters back to life, I am interested in this story. BTW, I think it's obvious that Jason DID die at the hands of the Joker. If you read 616, Ra's asks Bruce if he knows someone that would want to come back to life. Seeing as the Joker DID kill Jason, it is conceivable he wanted Batman to kill him (thus, making Bruce think Joker killed Tommy).

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Well, I, for one, always liked Jason Todd's character.

::ducks::

Even though I HATE bringing dead characters back to life, I am interested in this story. BTW, I think it's obvious that Jason DID die at the hands of the Joker. If you read 616, Ra's asks Bruce if he knows someone that would want to come back to life. Seeing as the Joker DID kill Jason, it is conceivable he wanted Batman to kill him (thus, making Bruce think Joker killed Tommy).

JMA, we already knew all that about Ra's.

This just reeks of desperation, I mean Batman has the best Rogue's Gallery in comics. Do we NEED Jason Todd back?

Guest JMA
JMA, we already knew all that about Ra's.

I brought it up to point out something. Besides, I'm sure not EVERYONE knew it.

I have thought for a long time that Hush was Hugo Strange. Feels like he should be Batman in his eyes, knows the secret identity, and never was revealed to be dead. The body couldn't be found. I think it all fits, and somehow Bruce Wayne was seeing Jason Todd at the end of 617. Either Scarecrow's fear serum, or something Hush himself used on Batman.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

Didin't everyone think Hush was Two Face/ Harvey Dent a few books ago?

It could be aanother SWERVE. :huh:

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Didin't everyone think Hush was Two Face/ Harvey Dent a few books ago?

It could be aanother SWERVE. :huh:

Yes and No.

Starting with Part 2 (Issue 609) a bandaged man has been stalking Batman, and watching him. He only speaks in quotes from the philosopher Aristotle. He's watched Batman in Part 2, Part 3, and Part 5. In Part 7, after Jim Gordon convinces Batman not to kill The Joker, another bandaged man shows up and says:

He (The Joker) IS innocent. Get the Joke?

The next issue, the second masked man appears to The Joker and tells him he's managed to get the charges dropped against him. He reveals himself to the Joker as Harvey Dent.

The next issue, Harvey Dent talks to Gordon and tells him that the gun used to kill Tommy Elliot was Gordon's old service revolver. He tells Gordon what everyone else in the DC Universe knows: Someone is manipulating most of Batman's allies and foes. He asks Gordon if they can work together to help Batman.

The next issue, the original Hush reveals himself as Jason Todd. (Barring further SHOCKING SWERVES)

It is significant that Hush I spoke about Aristotle, a philospher who returned to his hometown to find his position taken. Kinda like Jason found a new Robin when he came back.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Does anyone else find this storyline Russo-esque? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

You're such a mark. :rolleyes:

Alright, I've stayed away from this thread long enough and have finally gotten a copy of it. When I read it through the end and saw Jason Todd at 3am last night, I said a very audible "What the fuck?"

I'm kind of partial to the idea that Batman is hallucinating due to Scarecrow's fear drugs. As for Hush, I still have a feeling it's Tommy Elliot. If you remember the flashbacks that were of Tommy and Bruce as kids, it was Tommy who seemed to more admire Bruce's dad. In his world, Bruce is the imposter son. Yes. Tommy is a sick man.

Guest JMA

It's weird. Loeb seems to like having "mystery villains" he creates have more than one identity. Though, I suppose that's rather obvious.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

Since I'm not a big DC fan, can someone explain to me what this CRISIS thing is, and is it worth picking up, whatever it is

Before Crisis, DC was a multi-verse. The golden age heroes lived on one earth, the modern heroes another, the Shazam family another, etc. In the "main" DC universe a villain known as the Monitor showed up and began marshalling weapons and people for some strange reason. Eventually it was revealed that his brother the Anti-Monitor from an anti-matter dimension was destroying the mutli-verse one universe at a time. Monitor got together the best heroes from what universes he could and marshaled an attack on the Anti-Monitor. While the Anti-Monitor was defeated, only one universe remained, which is what DC is today more or less, with most heroes getting a reboot and histories rewritten. Several heroes died during Crisis, most notably Supergirl and Barry Allen. The Golden Age Superman was teleported to a pocket dimension by Lex Luthor's son from Earth 3, who was the key in beating the Anti-Monitor along with his Lois and Monitor's lackey Pariah. Crisis was done to streamline continuity and get DC into one self contained universe with a strict lineage of charcters. This occured in 1985 and a further streamlining took place some ten years later with Zero Hour.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

more than 15 years later I tried to read Crisis for the first time, my head exploded after like 3 chapters.

that's part of the reason I :wub: Batman, that book goes easy on the cosmic time-space interdemensional mystic stuff that makes me dizzy and a little sleepy in most other comics.

It took me two reads to fully understand Crisis. Previous to it, I knew the simple version of it from other comics/cards/books. In its full glory it's overwhelming.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

The "it's all just a dream" ending is so monumentally stupid that whoever advocates it only puts their dumbassedness on full display for the world.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Horrid, because it renders the good character work (what there is of it) useless.