TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

I just wrote a walkthrough for FeeDVD4Me.com...

All the same, I'll just skip aol... I hate calling customer service people enough, and I don't feel like going threw that.

I guess I'll just have to use a bunch of e-mail names :)

When you are doing the weekly bonus dvd offer, if there is an offer on there that you have already completed in the week, does that count towards the offer? Example, I completed the freebidding.com offer to get some points. Then later I'm in the weekly bonus dvd section and notice freebidding.com in there. Am I already credited towards that or do I have to choose 4 OTHER offers?

When you are doing the weekly bonus dvd offer, if there is an offer on there that you have already completed in the week, does that count towards the offer? Example, I completed the freebidding.com offer to get some points. Then later I'm in the weekly bonus dvd section and notice freebidding.com in there. Am I already credited towards that or do I have to choose 4 OTHER offers?

As long as you do them all in the same week, it's perfectly ok, you don't have to do them exactly off of the offer page.

If anyone else has any questions, let me know!

What are the best excuses when you call/email the company to cancel? I'm running out of good ones.

The best thing is to just say over and over again "I'd just like to cancel". If they ask you why, just say that you decided that it wasn't for you if you MUST give an excuse.

Hell, I know some people that are just totally honest and TELL them that they are doing it just to get free DVDs, lol.

Guest Lethargic

If everybody here is gonna keep doing this we should all keep updating this thread with the info on how each offer works so we all know which are cancelled by email, cancelled by phone, easy to cancel, hard to cancel, most points, best deals. That kinda stuff. Kinda like how they do it on the DVD Talk Forum with the CH club, they keep track of all the codes and deals and keep it all in one spot so everybody has the info and can get the best deal.

I got my first points today. Only 1250 more till Elm Street box set.

Anybody know what the deal is with that Oliver Stone box set? It's all his movies and it says you have to email them to find out how much it is.

If everybody here is gonna keep doing this we should all keep updating this thread with the info on how each offer works so we all know which are cancelled by email, cancelled by phone, easy to cancel, hard to cancel, most points, best deals. That kinda stuff. Kinda like how they do it on the DVD Talk Forum with the CH club, they keep track of all the codes and deals and keep it all in one spot so everybody has the info and can get the best deal.

I agree, we should keep this going.

Anybody know what the deal is with that Oliver Stone box set?  It's all his movies and it says you have to email them to find out how much it is.

Their web system used to be so that all DVDs over 1500 points or so had it so you had to email them to find out how much it is. I take it they just haven't converted all of them yet. Seeing how the Stanley Kubrick set is 2500 points, I take it that this one wouldn't be too much more, if any. Just email them, and they'll let you know very soon.

If you want an easy way to get 400 points, listen up...

...the Matchmaker offer is for 400 points. To get it, you are suppsoed to sign up, then change your account to a paying account, which is $9.95 or so for one month. The trick however, is that if you use a CC that doesn't have that much on it to use and the card is declined, you will STILL get the points. I just tried it, and it worked.

Still, if you want to do it and pay, you can get a TOTAL refund just by calling a phone number. So 400 points for free, either way, is damn good. The points are also instant by the way.

For the record, the excuse I used to cancel aol was that my kid needed to go to the dentist and I had to sell my computer. Used it for the regular and high speed versions.

I've only managed to get 750 points. Some of them aren't adding up yet. And some, like I said, I check the site for contact information, and never find any.

But, I got Swingers and Made for only 500 my points.

I didn't even get a "Bill Me" option on the little Book-of-the-Month club. Directed me straight to a screen asking for CC information without any other way out. So I closed the window without ever following thru on the membership.

Has this happened to anybody else?

I didn't even get a "Bill Me" option on the little Book-of-the-Month club. Directed me straight to a screen asking for CC information without any other way out. So I closed the window without ever following thru on the membership.

I've heard about this happening here and there, but it's somewhat rare from what I understand. I have heard that clearing your cache and cookies or whatever will help, and then closing out your browser and then opening it back up.

They have about 4-5 of the same site on there for B-O-T-M-C. I tried to join a cooking one that was something like 350 points, but it declined my card for some reason.

And I'm now saving for Mr. Show, season 3 B-)

And I'm now saving for Mr. Show, season 3 B-)

I've never seen that show before. What exactly is it, and what makes it so great.

Or so I've heard at least.

Think SNL with a smaller, more talented cast, better writing, being allowed to let loose (because they're on HBO), and having everything flow together in the show. Meaning that the first segment has a tie to the second, which feeds right into the third, and so on.

Also, for their time, they were right on top of current events, and did spoofs very well. Their spoofs of white R&B acts (Three Times One Minus One), and Jeepers-Creepers -- Semi Star were so funny that I missed the rest of the show, I was laughing so hard.

Honestly worth the 900 points on the site, try the first release, seasons 1 and 2 to start.

Guest Lethargic

I just went and saw that a new AOL offer was up, I didn't see it this afternoon. This one is for 350 points, so including the the two listed in the faq for 150 and 230, that's 730 alone just from AOL.

My main problem right now is deciding what to spend points on. I've only actually spent points on ONE thing, that being the Nightmare set at 1700 points. I now have 2562 more points I need to get some things with.

I might just save them for some of the upcoming releases, like the Indiana Jones set, Two Towers set, Vacation set, or something like that.

I only have 210 points after I did my orderin' the other night.

I mean, Swingers and Made for 250 points each? Phone Booth for 600, and Bringing Down the House for FREE?! Sweet.

I'd like to do this myself, but wanna know which ones you can just cancel via email. I hate calling customer service for anything since I usually end up talking to some Arab. Are there many you can just cancel via email or is mainly via phone?

I'd like to do this myself, but wanna know which ones you can just cancel via email. I hate calling customer service for anything since I usually end up talking to some Arab. Are there many you can just cancel via email or is mainly via phone?

They're Indians. :P

You can cancel almost all of them via email, except for the AOL offers, and just a few more.

In addition, I'd just like to know how you're sure that these people don't keep charging your credit card after you've cancelled? I'm just a little suspicious about giving my CC number over the 'net.

In addition, I'd just like to know how you're sure that these people don't keep charging your credit card after you've cancelled? I'm just a little suspicious about giving my CC number over the 'net.

I haven't had it happen to me, but like I said, I'm VERY carefull in doing this. Just remember to cancel everything, and you'll be perfectly fine.

I also suggest not using a normal CC, and use a web certificate or a PayPal card instead, but that's just be trying to be over cautious, lol.

If you want a WC just go to www.webcertificate.com and order one using your normal CC if you want.

I just did the Psychics4Free and then cancelled. I got this message after:

Your membership to the website will continue until the end of the

term you have purchased, but you will no longer be billed for your

subscription. We appreciate the opportunity to help you.

Does this mean that I'm going to get charged for it? I saw something around the lines of $40 and just wanna make sure I'm not getting charged for it.

I just did the Psychics4Free and then cancelled. I got this message after:

Your membership to the website will continue until the end of the

term you have purchased, but you will no longer be billed for your

subscription. We appreciate the opportunity to help you.

Does this mean that I'm going to get charged for it? I saw something around the lines of $40 and just wanna make sure I'm not getting charged for it.

You will not be charged, don't worry. All that means is that even though you canceled, you still get to keep the entire free trial, after which you wont be able to use their service anymore.

My fucking card keeps getting declined, even though it's a debit/check card with a Visa logo that hasn't had a problem with any other place on the net.

I have seriously missed about 15 opportunities today alone. Starting to piss me off.

FreeDVD4Me has a GREAT offer going on now, and I see no reason anyone here shouldn't do it. Well, as long as you want either of the DVDs included in this offer. It's for either Chicago or LOTR: The Two Towers. Here is the info. from the email they sent me, their newsletter...

NEW!!! You can pre-order one of the titles by completing JUST TWO offers at: http://www.freedvd4me.com/cactussplash2.php

This one works quite a bit differently that the regular weekly bonus DVD. It was designed as a seperate introductory promotion to new visitors, but we've decided to make it available to all our members. Here are the key differences and instructions:

a) You need to sign up at the link listed above. This signup is SEPERATE from your regular FreeDVD4Me.com account

b) There are NO POINTS involved in this method. In other words, you WILL NOT receive any points for completing the listed offers to use for other orders.

c) This method can only be used ONE TIME per person, and ONLY ONE DVD can be ordered using this method

d) The benefit of using this method is that it only requires you to sign up for two offers. It is best used by members who are only interested in receiving either LOTR or Chicago.

...I did it, signed up for FreeBidding and Psychics4Free (since you cancel them the exact same way and can do so right after you sign up). Sweet deal if you ask me, especially if you want either one of these DVDs. As for myself, I picked up Chicago. I'm waiting for the 4-disc set of Two Towers. :D

^ I did the above offer, and then realized I hadn't officially logged in...

So after I did the two offers (freebidding and psychics4free), the screen stayed at the screen where you choose the offers. Is it supposed to go to some kind of "you're getting your DVD now"? confirmation screen, or is everything set and I should get it?

When i went into my account section it said nothing about it... so I guess i'm wondering if i'm actually getting my dvd!

and on antoehr note, if I signed up for freebidding (for example) for this offer, could I still use freebidding to gain points??? (assuming I cancel it the first time of course)