TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Triple H as world champ

I hated that look for HHH. The Jean Jacket was so out of style and just plain ugly.

He looked bad in that outift. I don't know how he was supposed to be intimidating when he looked like a fool.

Guest Sakura

Nah, once 2000 began he wasn't blue collar and angry because he was in with the boss and running the show.

In 1999 I could see it. He was pissed at the front office and was talking about being "held down" and stuff. The original "The Game" gimmick was all about that.

In otherwords, he just wore a blue collar and had a beard. Rather than now, where he has a white ( ? ) collar and is cleanly shaven. Good to see the change in "character".

Seriously, he's the same guy saying the same stuff. The only difference is that he has Flair with him this time and a different set of clothes.

Well he does act a little more calm than he did when he was Jean Jacket Wearing HHH.

Jean Jacket HHH basically grunted all his promos and spit a lot...and I'm not talking about his water spit.

Guest Choken One
In otherwords, he just wore a blue collar and had a beard. Rather than now, where he has a white ( ? ) collar and is cleanly shaven. Good to see the change in "character".

Seriously, he's the same guy saying the same stuff. The only difference is that he has Flair with him this time and a different set of clothes.

Blue Collar doesn't mean he wore a blue shirt RRR.

Blue Collar means he was a Street Tough, Everyman type of guy...

When I think Blue Collar

I think of Dan from Roseanne in the early years...

White Collar means he is rich and stylish...

I remember that because it happened in Buffalo.

He had a sit down interview with JR to bitch being held down for the Kliq incident despite being in the middle of one unwarranted push (given how unover he was) and being about to begin an even bigger one.

Guest Sakura

Yeah, it was on Heat before Fully Loaded. He started "shooting", swearing at Ross. I think he knocked over a little fan in a really INTENSE moment. I guess that's not all that cool anymore though, since his ass was set on fire in a later "shoot" interview.

The best Heat "shoot" interview has to be the Ministry one though. I mark out for Vince calling old man Taker "Mark" on WWE TV.

Yes he is.

If he wasn't he wouldn't use The Game for the theme...

He planned it so that he gets a pop when that bitch hits...

Um, that's a pretty bullshit copout if you ask me. HHH has had the Motorhead theme for almost two and a half years. I'm sure the fans have heard it enough where the pop would be dead if it was just the music they were cheering for. And it's naive to think that there's an arena full of Motorhead fans in EVERY FUCKING CITY. This was the same lame excuse for Taker drawing pops as a heel back in 2002. They said it was the Limp Bizkit music. So they changed it and he was still drawing pops. HHH gets pops for the Evolution theme as well and for random match run-ins. There are people that still like HHH believe it or not, despite what every smark will say about their seemingly endless supply of "mark friends" to lend credence to some nutcase theory they have.

But then, ths is kind of a moot point anyway since HHH has been drawing steady heel heat lately, sans Canada where he is over as a face.

Yes he is.

If he wasn't he wouldn't use The Game for the theme...

He planned it so that he gets a pop when that bitch hits...

Um, that's a pretty bullshit copout if you ask me. HHH has had the Motorhead theme for almost two and a half years. I'm sure the fans have heard it enough where the pop would be dead if it was just the music they were cheering for. And it's naive to think that there's an arena full of Motorhead fans in EVERY FUCKING CITY. This was the same lame excuse for Taker drawing pops as a heel back in 2002. They said it was the Limp Bizkit music. So they changed it and he was still drawing pops. HHH gets pops for the Evolution theme as well and for random match run-ins. There are people that still like HHH believe it or not, despite what every smark will say about their seemingly endless supply of "mark friends" to lend credence to some nutcase theory they have.

But then, ths is kind of a moot point anyway since HHH has been drawing steady heel heat lately, sans Canada where he is over as a face.

Don't lose site of the point.

Whether it be the enterance, the music or the man...

HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO GET FACE POPS.

How hard is it to understand that if your a heel and you get cheered YOU FAILED TO GET OVER.

Taker failed to get over as a heel, RVD failed when the Invasion started, and HHH fails too.

I wouldn't include '97 Austin because they actually jumped on that and turned him face instead of keeping him heel and wishing the face pops would just go away.

Thing with HHH is most of the time his face pops are because of his Theme Music or because the crowd hates his opponent more than they hate him (i.e. Steiner and Nash)

You also have to consider the guy that comes out looking the strongest usually gets cheered anyway. That explains a lot about Austin (Stone Cold? Look weak? Never.), Rock (The guy is basically what Hogan was back in his prime, just a better worker), and HHH (Never loses, never looks weak, gets plenty of airtime).

Eddy is a guy who was just a face a few weeks ago, and was turned face by the fans in the first place. He's one of those guys it's just hard to boo. (Except when he's REALLY trying to be a heel. Example: Eddy v Rey at Haloween Havoc '97)

Guest BionicRedneck

Eddie doesn't get booed because he is doing the same gimmick he was two months ago when he was a face. The WWE programmed their audience to cheer Eddie when he acted like a heel, and then expected them to boo him for doing the exact same thing. Not surprisingly, it hasn't worked too good.

Actually, Eddie has just come full circle with the gimmick. If you remember, Eddie and Chavo had been doing the "cheat to win" thing for awhile, and were getting booed for it. It wasn't until John Cena's borderline racist raps that they got fan symmpathy and became faces. Also, the viginettes helped as well.

No, it was when Eddie started to brilliantly cheat that the fans really began to 'catch on' with the gimmick - which would be the series of matches with Team Angle.

WWE has a nasty habit of having guys who the fans _want to cheer_ as heels. Ie: Austin 01, Taker 02, HHH 01.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
He brings up good points. The only feud to carry over past a month was......

Steiner.

Don't forget Nash.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Ahh..... John Goodman is the man.

Guest Choken One

He is indeed...

Last night they aired that one show where he got in that Bar Fight...It was ownage.

Ahh..... John Goodman is the man.

OMG TROLLING

BAN PLZ!

Wait... nWoScorpion was already banned... eh, nevermind

Guest Choken One

How was that trolling...He brought up John Goodman after I compared him rightfully to HHH of 2000 and I mentioned they aired the bar fight eps...

Guest Ray
HHH ........he is still the last person in the WWE to have a ***** match. (Summerslam last year)

That piece of garbage Michaels vs HHH was *****??

You need to read this. Scroll down to the SS review.

Guest wildpegasus

I don't always agree with the Air Raid Crash reviews but Michaels vs HHH is definitely overrated.

Also, I wanted to comment on Edge's selling in the 4 way match. I didn't think it was that bad even when Edge was executing his offensive reportoire. The effort was made to sell in the match. Personally, I believe there has to be some leeway in judging selling. Having suffered from several different injuries it never surprises me what you can and can't do when your hurt.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I think any main eventer that has been in the company a long time (and at that level) gets some sort of pop when they come out.

I can't think of one that hasn't.

HHH's pop dies once his entrance is over.

Anyway, I checked the latest rigged WWE poll asking in regards to the new WWE Magazine's question of who will end HHH's reign.

Obviously, Shawn Michaels is in the lead at 33% while Chris Jericho and...The Rock are tied at 16%. Gayberg is at 15%. Its a long list of ppl though, but those are the high numbers at this moment. By the way, Nash is at 2%, yes I typed 2.

HHH's pop dies once his entrance is over.

Anyway, I checked the latest rigged WWE poll asking in regards to the new WWE Magazine's question of who will end HHH's reign.

Obviously, Shawn Michaels is in the lead at 33% while Chris Jericho and...The Rock are tied at 16%. Gayberg is at 15%. Its a long list of ppl though, but those are the high numbers at this moment. By the way, Nash is at 2%, yes I typed 2.

Those polls change all the time though. Yesterday, Jericho was at 4%.

Guest wildpegasus

Quotewebmasterofwrestlegame

"I think that any main eventer that has been in the company a long time (and at that level) gets some sort of pop when they come out."

Very good point.

Guest Ray
Is posting Jubuki-written material allowed here ;)

He may be an ass, but his review of that match is right on the mark. :cheers:

I'm sorry, but Edge's selling is comical at best and suicide-inducing at worst. It's BECAUSE of his "ARGH!" selling after successfully doing many leg-dependent moves, and being put in the ankle-lock for 5 minutes, and then running around and going up to the top rope that really hurts the believablity of what he's doing.

And this is not an isolated incident either.