TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

Triple H as world champ

Guest Redhawk

I see a lot of people complaining about how Triple H has been RAW's World champion for too long and how he's "squashed" the entire RAW roster and all of that. Now, while I'll admit that it seems as if there are no challengers, it's not because HHH has beaten them all. It's because the creative team doesn't have anyone continue with their title chase. As I stated in an earlier thread about wrestlers not caring about the title, why does everyone who HHH beats seemingly give up the chase so soon? He might have beaten every top babyface contender, but if they just kept coming at him it wouldn't seem so bad.

Besdies all that, from what I'd read on this board, people were tired of rapid-fire title changes. They wanted someone to hold the different belts for a long time to give them some meaning. When Chris Jericho won the World title, people were saying that he should have held it for at least one year. How come everyone wants HHH to give up his belt when old-timers like Ric Flair used to hold onto the title forever?

There's a difference between "long" and "mind-numbing".

Hey, it could be worse.

Like I said before...HHH could try to outlast Bruno Sammartino's 7 YEAR reign with the title.

Triple H isn't elevating himself. He's not elevating the title- and he's not elevating the challenger.

Now why should he be champion if he's 0-3?

Triple H isn't elevating himself. He's not elevating the title- and he's not elevating the challenger.

Now why should he be champion if he's 0-3?

Because he's fucking the boss' daughter, and the boss don't want to make his daughter upset.

After 9 months in the PPV age- it's flat out boring having a champion for that long.

He's not like The Rock or Honky Tonk Man in that he was able to keep his reigns entertaining.

He also had the PERFECT blowoff v. Booker T- and he still went over

What are you talking about? HHH, you mean Hunter Hearst Helmsley? What a match he had with Bob Holly at Summerslam, eh? I propose the WWF start a feud between him and Henry Godwin immediately!

Guest Ray

Wrestling math:

Long title reign + good matches + not fucking over the roster = GOOD

Long title reign + bad matches + fucking over the roster = BAD

Which of those describes Triple H's run?

I'll take the latter. ;)

It's because the creative team doesn't have anyone continue with their title chase.

Scott Steiner got a second shot and blew it.

Booker T got a second shot and got screwed.

RVD, Kane and Kevin Nash all got at least two shots.

So people have been continuining their title chase- HHH just beats them again

I don't mind long reigns, but lets face it- he's no where NEAR the performer he was a year or two ago. I know it's due to the injury and all, but if he can't bring his "A" game to the table while holding the belt, he doesn't deserve to hold the belt.

What are you talking about? HHH, you mean Hunter Hearst Helmsley? What a match he had with Bob Holly at Summerslam, eh? I propose the WWF start a feud between him and Henry Godwin immediately!

...if you're trying to re-spark the classic thread about the McMahon Ladder Legdrop...it ain't working son.

Guest Anglesault

Another thing to consider. HHH's reign has been a disaster since almost the very beginning. It's mind boggling that they haven't pulled the plug

As much as i hate to say it i'm actually starting to enjoy Trippers again, maybe it has something to do with the awesome theme music/s by Motorhead and the fact that he's been kept out of the ring for some time now.

My prediction is that he will hold on to it until at least Armageddon so that he can claim he's held the title for dead on a year.

Another thing to consider. HHH's reign has been a disaster since almost the very beginning. It's mind boggling that they haven't pulled the plug

You forget though...the main focus of the reign is the guy that Vince McMahon confides in more than his own son.

That alone should tell you why he hasn't pulled the plug on it.

Redhawk, this is my take on it.

Long title reigns work when the champion comes out looking stronger out of it...AND the challengers as well. Ric Flair's long title reigns worked well because quite frankly, he worked great matches and in every single one of those matches he sold for his opponent to the point that it seemed he was going to lose it at any time. That isn't the case with HHH's current reign. He's made to be on a higher level than any of his challengers and when they do face him, he proves just that by burying them.

Dames

Yeah we wanted long reigns. From someone who deserves it, but sadly everyone has had their credibility flushed down the toilet on RAW. Leaving Kliq buddies left, except Nash whom the fans just don't seem to care about.

I guess HHH got what he wanted. He's in a position where no one can argue for someone else as champ because everyone else has no credibility left.

Goddammit!!!!

Sorry. *Old School Undertaker Plushie*

Undertaker will never be succesful unless he drops Brother Love and gets a manager with a ridiculously cheesy name.

Yeah we wanted long reigns. From someone who deserves it, but sadly everyone has had their credibility flushed down the toilet on RAW. Leaving Kliq buddies left, except Nash whom the fans just don't seem to care about.

I guess HHH got what he wanted. He's in a position where no one can argue for someone else as champ because everyone else has no credibility left.

HURRICANE FOR WORLD CHAMPION!

...wait...

Aw hell, I don't care if he doesn't have credibility in most people's eyes

HURRICANE FOR WORLD CHAMPION!

Seriously though...Credibility can be restored. Think of this...HHH was fighting in Hog Pen Matches and having Ultimate Warrior no sell his finisher. Look where he is now. Kurt Angle was in rediculous feuds for most of 2002 (horrendous if you ask Anglesault)...and look where he is now.

Credibility can be restored. Hell, if they do things right, Kane's getting his restored.

Guest Choken One
Who's this Hurricane that you speak of? And what makes you think he'll be the one to end Bruno Sammartino's reign?

Hey Dames...

Are you sure you got ALL of them?

Choken One.

Guest Choken One

since we mocked the classic thread twice already...

You can't play it all by yourself...

You can't TRY to create a classic thread...a classic thread Becomes a classic thread.

Guest Anglesault
Kurt Angle was in rediculous feuds for most of 2002 (horrendous if you ask Anglesault)...

Damnit, they were horrendous!

Did any of them have a valid reason for existing?

Did any of them have positive long term (or hell, short term) effects?