TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

Brains Behind the Brawn

Just curious as to what you all thought about the piece. I'd be interested to see what some of you have to say, so let me know it here or through other means. In my two tape reviews on the site thus far, I've tried to steer clear of the cliche style that has plagued many reviews, so do me a solid and let me know if I accomplished that.

Guest Retro Rob

Check your e-mail.

If I hadn't sent it before this thread was made I would have just wrote it here, but at this rate there is no point in telling you the same thing twice. ;)

Great review there, Bruiser. I normally tend to have very little interest in the 80's stuff when its reviewed, but you drew me in well and kept me the whole time.

Dames

Guest HungryJack

You should stick to doing 80's nostlagia pieces, or even early 90's ones. Like, the best of Demolition, or the Hart Foundation. I, and I'm sure others, remember a lot of older WWE stuff with much fondness, and it's great to get stuff like that out there and talked about again.

Guest goodhelmet

fuck, i sound like a broken record...

I enjoy the fact that you don't review the same tried and true videos that have been run into the ground by every hack tape reviewer in the IWC. While SK may have reviewed a couple of dozen Coliseum videos, he rarely ever gave them justice. Provided you don't give us the same rehashed take on Canadian Stampede, I look forward to more of your reviews.

Echoing the sentiments here. I've already done the job here of running those same tapes into the ground (X-7, RR 2000, etc.)

Hmm, maybe I'll do Hulk Hogan's Greatest Matches. TWO Hogan/Slaughter matches on the same tape!! WHOO!!

Guest goodhelmet

PK, I have already told you I would be more than willing to work out a deal somehow to get you some shows that haven't been spit out so many times.

As for the Hulk Hogan video, make sure Bruiser doesn't already have plans on covering it. He has dibs on Old Coliseum videos.

While that tape isn't exactly on deck or anything, it'd probably be one I'd get to eventually. But feel free to have a go at it PK, if I do get around to it, it'd probably be quite some time from now. As for my next review, I'm thinking the first Bloopers, Bleeps, and Bodyslams or Villains of the Squared Circle. I know the latter was done by SK a while ago, but I could put a new spin on it.

While I'm thinking about it, if anyone has any suggestions for what they'd like to see in the future, just say so, because chances are, I have it.

As I toldya before, a fine review as usual. Lookin' forward to future reviews. Here are a few more suggestions:

- Best of the WWF Volume 11

- Rowdy Roddy Piper's Greatest Hits (I know it's been reviewed before but I'd like to see your take on it)

- Amazing Managers

I know it's mid-90s, but how about Confirmed Hits? It's not a bad tape with Bret vs. Bulldog from IYH and a pretty energetic 6 man with Bret/Razor/Savio vs. Yoko/Owen/Hakushi.

That is, if you have it.

Of course I've got it, and I've taken note on the suggestion. Just let me get the Wrestlecrap out of my system, before I join the rest of the 'net hacks (lot of 'em anyway) and review ya know, GOOD wrestling. Could be a while, with all the tapes I've got that fit into the Wrestlecrap category, though.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

I just wanted to say that your column (and especially your sig) REWL.

That is all.

Just wanted to say that this was a good review. Kept me well interested, and gave me a laugh at some of the things mentioned.

Also... thank goodness you started using your real name, rather than that "Al" nonsense.

-Josh