TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Betty Houle

the NWA's worst gimmicks of the 80's!

what was the worst from back then?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. what was the worst from back then?

• ?The Boogie-Woogie Man? Jimmy Valiant
    • the Ding Dongs
    • the Dynamic Dudes
    • Lazer-Tron
    • the Kiwi Sheephearders
    • the New Breed
    • Prince of Darkness Match
    • The Tower of Doom
    • the Varsity Club
    • other

This might be the hardest choice yet (despite how much the Ding-Dongs scream out "vote for me!")

Guest JMA

The New Breed. I can't believe the higher ups expected people to believe that they were LITERALLY from the future.

The Tower of Doom was a cage on a cage on a cage with a ring in it, which appeared at Uncensored 1996 as well I believe. If that's the same structure, the structure in itself is not bad, though the '96 match it yielded was bad.

The Ding Dongs were a jobber team that nobody cared about. A stupid gimmick but harmless for the most part.

My vote goes to Lazor Tron. Sticking the talented Hector Guerrero under a dumbass mask and gimmick like that.........

The New Breed's gimmick was kinda goofy but they were really good and they pulled it off pretty well.

And I gotta mention Shaska Pez Whatley......

Guest Your Olympic Hero
The New Breed. I can't believe the higher ups expected people to believe that they were LITERALLY from the future.

what was the new breed, exactly?

Dynamic Dudes. More high profile, every bit as bad. I'm amazed Shane Douglas was ever able to recover from that one.

That the MX were CHEERED for turning on these pathetic excuses for faces says it all.

what was the new breed, exactly?

Someone else will have to give you the precise details. I jus know that they were from the year 2043 (or some such nonsense) which was a future where Dusty Rhodes was President of the USA.

I doubt it was that far into the future..Dusty woulkd have been like 90 something by then ^_^

Sean Royal and Chris Champion comprised the team of the New Breed and they were from the future and I believe it was kind of Terminatorish ...they were sent back to destroy people like Dusty and the Rock n Rolls blah blah blah. They were a pretty good team.....they did some groovy little maneuvers.

And to add to the Lazor-Tron thing......if I recall correctly,he was billed as being from "outer space"