TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingDeacon

Promo: Press Release

Press Release

From the Offices of Frost Brand Enterprises

It is the sad duty of Frost Brand Enterprises, in association with the Smarks Wrestling Federation, to announce the present parting of ways of the SWF and Robert Jackson Frost, known in the wrestling community as Frost. A new contract could not be reached between the two parties and the current contract for Mr. Frost ended last night after the Ground Zero pay-per-view. While the wage negotiated was satisfactory there were certain additional perks and incentives that the parties could not agree on. Mr. Frost has decided to take his secondary option at this time, namely an extensive wrestling tour of Japan that should have him in East Asia until the first of next year. Note that this is an amicable split, despite the contract problems. The SWF shall retain separately contracted rights to the image and name of Mr. Frost and the privilege of producing and distributing shirts, hats, posters, videos, DVDs, video games and other memorabilia bearing the likeness and trademarked elements of the Frost character. Frost Brand Enterprises shall also remain a loyal sponsor of the SWF and both parties retain promotional rights to Frost Brand products, including the ever-popular lines of Frost Brand Cigars and Home Taco Kits, in conjunction with SWF events and marketing campaigns. We once again express our deep sorrow that a mutually beneficial working contract could not be reached between Mr. Frost and the SWF. Mr. Frost would like to extend his deepest apologies on this front to his legions of loyal fans and to thank them for their past and, hopefully, future support. More details regarding Mr. Frost’s tour of Japan shall be released in the coming weeks. Any inquiries about said tour or the ending of the association between Mr. Frost and the SWF can be directed to the office from which you have received this release. Thank you.

Signed,

Mr. Herman J. Eelowitz

Executive Vice President

Frost Brand Enterprises

Guest Goodear

You make me sad Mr. Frost.

Of course, this makes you the official first old timer that I will pimp out ot newbies that don't know you when the return happens. Assuming of course, there isn't a "FUCK YOU EVERYONE!" vibe to the whole thing.

Frost is still party.

Crap.

Darn.

Fudge.

frost has been one of my favorites for the past several months, and I wish he had his run at the top. Maybe when he is ready and comes back, he can take it to the next level.

Now, that I have recieved a few responses to the above, I would like to make a more personal statement. I have mentioned this to a few people in the past weeks, but I am just burned out on writing for the SWF at this time and really need to step away before I become more a detriment and not an asset to the fed.

I have been writing week in and week out for over a year straight. In the SWF and SJL combined I think I've no showed three times and maybe asked for 6 or 7 shows off, most of them recently. I've also allowed other creative endeavors of mine to slip and would like to redevote myself to those. This not only includes writing for the SWF website, writing my EWR HSW diary and a movie analysis column, which I hope to start posting soon in the movies folder and from there maybe even on the smarks website proper, but the scripts and short stories that I hope to one day sell and make a living with. If I could make money writing wrestling matches, don't think I wouldn't. I have also started a new job in the past month and my time to write overall, let alone for the SWF, has been severly limited.

I don't like to look at this as a retirement, more of a "sabbatical." But I have no idea when and if I will come back, if I do. I do plan on writing the occasional promo detailing Frost's tour of Japan and even now have several ideas that could lead to a returning storyline. As stated above, however, Frost's tour of Japan will last until the first of next year at the least.

Thank you for all the positive comments thus far. Rest assured that I will still be around the boards, in chat and marking for the JL. Also, don't forget me come awards time next month. Ghey ass smiley face goes here.

Guest SupaTaft

Wait a minute... You're saying that writing has a practical purpose?

Weird...

Well, I hope life doesn't take up too much of your time, we'd like to see you back as soon as possible.

But as a heel.

-Taft

Dag, yo. At least you got to unleash the TFDB in all its splendid glory. I left for very similar reasons last year, so I understand. I do hope Frost comes back from Japan, though. He needs to go after that title again one of these days.

:( This really sucks. It's gonna be a bummer to see you go, especialy since it looked like Frost was on the verge of doing bigger things than he's done before (i.e. winning the World Title). I was hoping you'd be able to be around longer because the whole Frost character has been one of my avorites in the SWF right now and I would have loved to see him win the #1 Contendership and win the title at Genesis.

Frost is party 4 life. Get back here as soon as you can, man. We'll miss ya.

Guest Aecas

Well this is certainly a sad day :(

But I wish you luck Frost in all your future exploits and hope to see you one day rejoin the fed. Keep it real mate :headbang:

Well, I hope life doesn't take up too much of your time, we'd like to see you back as soon as possible.

But as a heel.

Word, fucking word. Frost as a heel would own.

Enjoy time off, homes. I'm looking forward to your return, dddduuuuddddddeeee!

Definitely a shame to see you go Frost. You actually had a great impact on my JL career, with all the wonderful comments you gave me about my matches and you've always encouraged me to move up in the WF card. You've brought great words like 'douchtard' to the forefront in your time here and wrote a few matches, or something, but you'll be back, eventually.

Nice way to go out, BTW. It's a fairly original thing, so it's cool.

One of the things I love about Frost's promos. He's impossibly creative when it comes to these things.

(Y)~!