TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Favorite Raw Segment

Every week, we get pages and pages of threads going back and forth about Raw. While that's encouraged, most people don't have many positive things to say about the show. So, I'm making a challenge.

Out of everything that happened on Raw, what would you say was the best part of it and most importantly, why?

I'll start it off.

While I liked a lot of things on the show, the one thing that continues to stand out in my mind was the finish to the 3 way Women's Title match.

Molly Holly completely outsmarted both Trish and Gail Kim in a move that myself and a few of my friends use to use in No Mercy for heel heat. Trish being caught up in the Tree of Woe, unable to stop the pin allows Molly to get a clean win, yet not kill Trish's heat at all. The finish was completely believable, in my opinion, because although Molly simply connected with a clothesline, Gail was charging at full speed and was blindsided by it completely. Plus, it's not like she has much heat to kill anyway.

The bottom line is that it made Molly Holly seem like she deserved the Women's Title and gave her a clean win AS A HEEL with a cool finish.

Dames

What was the best part of RAW? When it ended.

I hated the show with a passion and couldn't WAIT for it to end.

The only thing I liked was RVD missing the **** and crashing into a chair.

The Molly clotheslines Gail thing was stolen from Survivor Series 2001 when Jackie clotheslined Lita when she was going for the Poetry of Motion. Also- why does Gail get pinned by a clothesline?

I liked how in that said Women's Match, a heel beat a heel with a wrestling move. No run in, no silliness. I also like that Molly is even champ. After the failed Nowinski time period I thought she'd be on Heat forever.

I liked the women's match ending too. But I'll say something different. Personally, I liked the Spike/Christian match. It was a quick paced, fun match. If Raw had more of those, I'd be a happy camper.

Oh, and I also liked Goldberg's lockerroom being a broom closet. Geez, is that what they meant by cutting expenses?

NASHHOLE!!!! Jericho was all over it as per usuall while Nash was in total cruise control.

The women's match was godawful, but the finish is brilliant and a good way to make Molly look credible with the title.

The cameramen need a lot of credit for the angle they showed for the ***** onto the chair. Also credit both workers for great timing on the spot.

Since I haven't seen a whole lot of the Kane stuff, the whole angle last night was interesting in that it helps to build the character and the angle. Left me with a faint " what's gonna happen next". Faint, but it's definitely there.

Spike and Xtian working well enough to make the crowd start believing Spike's near falls.

that's about all I remember.

What was the best part of RAW? When it ended.

I hated the show with a passion and couldn't WAIT for it to end.

The only thing I liked was RVD missing the **** and crashing into a chair.

The Molly clotheslines Gail thing was stolen from Survivor Series 2001 when Jackie clotheslined Lita when she was going for the Poetry of Motion. Also- why does Gail get pinned by a clothesline?

Bob, the question is why you liked something. Back up what you're saying instead of just complaining about it. Why did you like RVD missing the Frogsplash?

I'm not saying that the clothesline spot was new, but the Tree of Woe to keep Trish at bay was.

Gail was running full speed and was caught completely off guard with the clothesline. Not to sound sexist or anything, but it's completely believable in my opinion, seeing as how other women in the company have jobbed clean to DDT's and neckbreakers, i.e., moves that are now used in transition and not finishers.

Dames

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620

The Highlight Reel.

Nash and Jericho played off each other great. But that's what happens when you have two great mic workers doing a segment together.

That's what RAW needs more of.

Guest Choken One

I liked the Molly/Goldust/Storm segment.

Molly was selling herself as the champion as goldust did what only he can and do the visual of Storm in gold paint was great.

Anytime some one belts out "GO GO GO POWER RANGERS!" in a promo...i'm happy.

Jericho gave his usual if not paint by the numbers heel promo and Nash...well he actually didn't come off as MUCH of a douchebag as he usually does...

Hurricane/Rosey is still a cute little meaningless thing to keep them active...

Spike/X was good for what it was...

Kane's Added Dimension to his character was good as he isn't just a Retarded Monster but a Monster with intelligence and sense...which makes the angle more Hannibalish.

Bob, the question is why you liked something. Back up what you're saying instead of just complaining about it. Why did you like RVD missing the Frogsplash?

But when a RAW is so awful- it's really hard to like something. I liked RVD missing the Frog Splash because it looked cool- nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying that the clothesline spot was new, but the Tree of Woe to keep Trish at bay was.

I just couldn't get into the spot since it had done before in a multi-way womens match- therefore I had no reaction to it since I knew Molly was going to do just that.

Gail was running full speed and was caught completely off guard with the clothesline. Not to sound sexist or anything, but it's completely believable in my opinion, seeing as how other women in the company have jobbed clean to DDT's and neckbreakers, i.e., moves that are now used in transition and not finishers.

But it's a clothesline! I remember when I was 8 and watched someone win with a clothesline and thinking that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could see it stunning Gail but not enough for a 3 count. Had Molly clotheslined her and then did another move- okay- but it's a clothesline! That's like when RVD jobbed to an elbow

From what I saw, which was very tiny bits-and-pieces...

Rosies acting abilities. The skit wasn't very good, but was made watchable by Rosies acting. Rosie is the MVP of Raw.

He has a good voice, it's clear, fine delivery. If they build this up enough, if/when Rosie cuts a pissed off/serious promo, the fans should react well.

The greatness that is Rico returned to RAW and didn't the J O B for Steiner either. I was happy. :D

But it's a clothesline! I remember when I was 8 and watched someone win with a clothesline and thinking that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could see it stunning Gail but not enough for a 3 count. Had Molly clotheslined her and then did another move- okay- but it's a clothesline! That's like when RVD jobbed to an elbow

It would of been better if the announcers, marked out to it, like have JR yell LARIATOOOOOOO or AXEBOMBERAHHH. I enjoyed the spot has it shown that Molly is an intelligent champion.

I also enjoyed the superhero comic spots with Rosie developing a character, all he needs now is a name change to be super over. And the Goldust segment trying to get Lance Storm over was priceless, especially the spot when Goldust reacted suprised when Lance did not show up on time......"I said LESS BORING" and then Lance shows up with the make up!.

Guest Adrian 3:16

I also liked the Jericho/Nash promo. Both guys can work the mic and it seemed a lot more relaxed and free flowing than the akwardly scripted promos we usually get. This is the kind of thing Austin was talking about before he came back- just put two guys out there and let them talk shit to each other, and the results are invariably better than anything Gerwitz and his hacks can come up with.

Oh, and "Nashhole" was golden.

Molly outsmarting and clotheslining the shit out of Gail was pretty sweet too.

Why can't molly or anyone get a clothesline win off anyone?

It's called banging the back of someone's head off the ground hard. I didn't see the move in question, but was it good?

Anyways, I feel more moves should be finished off standard moves. It's certainly better than a standard roll up. Finishers should play a part, especially in main events and PPV's. But a clothesline could definitely lead to three seconds of incoherency.

Guest Coffey

I liked when Evolution was backstage and they announced that Randy Orton was the Special Ref to the match between Ric Flair & Goldberg.

The part of it I liked is when Flair kind of slapped Orton while they were talking and pepping one another up...then Triple H did it, and it was comedy. You could tell that Flair & Triple H were ribbing Orton, and that always makes for good TV to me. Wrestlers ribbing other wrestlers that is.

The Highlight Reel was classic with Nash being called a Nash-hole.

The Hurricane vs. Rodney Mack was my favorite segment though. Hurricane with a clean win over Rodney Mack was my favorite for the following reasons:

1. Rodney Mack lost

2. If I'm mistaken Rodney Mack only has lost to Goldberg so that makes Hurricane possibly a contender for the IC title

3. The Super Hero In Training made a run in, with his outfit costume that came off of someone's clothesline, and squashed Rodney Mack.

It doesn't get any better then that.

One thing that I always seem to notice that gets me into watching RAW is the crowd heat. When I see the fans really getting into a match, I get into a match. Thus why I was really digging Spike/X-Tain.

I wouldn't call it conforming, but the crowd, to me, is the second most important element of a good overall production. If they're into it, why aren't you?

Guest JRE

The best part for me, was the Highlight Reel. The whole thing was entertaining. Best of all, it showed off the one thing that has ever made Nash appealing: His personality. He's cool, he's funny. So is Jericho. So everything worked well, and it set something up for next week.

I also liked the La Resistance beatdown on the Dudleys. The feud had been bleh, but I reaaly liked the beatdown...intensity...and wine.

And Shawn helping Goldberg was kind of interesting. And I liked the Flair/Goldberg match. And the Bischoff/Kane/RVD thing.

I liked the Highlite Reel. MAde me wish that Nash would retire and then take over color duties for the King. Seriousel, it was the first time I was entertained by one of his promos in a long time.

I liked when Evolution was backstage and they announced that Randy Orton was the Special Ref to the match between Ric Flair & Goldberg.

The part of it I liked is when Flair kind of slapped Orton while they were talking and pepping one another up...then Triple H did it, and it was comedy. You could tell that Flair & Triple H were ribbing Orton, and that always makes for good TV to me. Wrestlers ribbing other wrestlers that is.

Me and my friend both laughed at that. That was also enjoyable.

Guest Polish_Rifle

My Favorite moment on Raw was when Jericho spewed the words: NASHHOLE!

It's greatness explains itself.

Guest whatitistoburn

That 5* onto the chair was an amazing visual. The timing was great, it looked painful, and that was an incredibly cinematic-esque angle.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Don't mind Barron guys, he's just got a little sand in his vagina.

I think the Kane storyline gets better each week. Though now they run the risk of making him babyface, because he won't do what anyone tells him to.

I liked the Hi-Lite Reel segment. Atleast Nash was going back to his funny ways instead of trying to act all tough like he has lately.

I liked the DustStorm segment. This could be pretty funny.

I liked the RVD/Kane fight and RVD landing on the chair with a 5 Star.

The Rosey stuff was good for a laugh too.

I could see it stunning Gail but not enough for a 3 count. Had Molly clotheslined her and then did another move- okay- but it's a clothesline! That's like when RVD jobbed to an elbow

It was a double arm clothesline and Gail ran practically from one corner to another into it. It didn't come off as too unbelievable to me because of those factors. Women's matches have ended with far less, like DDTs, neckbreakers, and roll ups, to boot.

Also, people actually give a shit about RVD, but only react to Gail when she fucks up a move.

It reminded me of how I'd win cage matches in the n64 No Mercy--put someone in the tree of woe and climb over while your opponent is caught. Molly capitalized while Trish was unable to break up the pinfall. Gail was too inexperienced to expect the clothesline.

So that match ending was almost my favorite part of the show, but the Stormdust segment wins it for me.

Guest Ray
That 5* onto the chair was an amazing visual. The timing was great, it looked painful, and that was an incredibly cinematic-esque angle.

My thoughts exactly.

It was a fun, exciting, very well done segment.

The "holy shit" chants were nice as well.