TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Favorite Raw Segment

But it's a clothesline! I remember when I was 8 and watched someone win with a clothesline and thinking that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could see it stunning Gail but not enough for a 3 count. Had Molly clotheslined her and then did another move- okay- but it's a clothesline! That's like when RVD jobbed to an elbow

I'd complain more about it being in a men's match (I.E. anytime Bradshaw uses it) than in a women's match, especially how it was used.

Then again, I'm a Molly mark, so that's also a reason I liked it.

Now...if only they would start up a Molly/Victoria feud...

But it's a clothesline! I remember when I was 8 and watched someone win with a clothesline and thinking that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I could see it stunning Gail but not enough for a 3 count. Had Molly clotheslined her and then did another move- okay- but it's a clothesline! That's like when RVD jobbed to an elbow

I'd complain more about it being in a men's match (I.E. anytime Bradshaw uses it) than in a women's match, especially how it was used.

Would they even remember that Molly was Victoria's on-air mentor? Or is that officially written out of Vicky's history since she became the psycho-bitch with Stevie as her lackey?

Guest Ray
What about a Stan Hansen, Kenta Kobashi or Barry Windham clothesline?

Before my time.

I started watching in 1994, and the oldest tape I have is WrestleMania 1.

I started watching in 2001, and even I have seen Hansen ;)

Would they even remember that Molly was Victoria's on-air mentor? Or is that officially written out of Vicky's history since she became the psycho-bitch with Stevie as her lackey?

Well, there's still this picture...

01.jpg

They had it mentioned for a while on her bio, I guess they just recently took it off.

Still, wouldn't be TOO hard to bring it back up...

Before my time.

*Shrug* I have less access to older tapes.

Well, there's still this picture...

01.jpg

They had it mentioned for a while on her bio, I guess they just recently took it off.

Still, wouldn't be TOO hard to bring it back up...

The perm! ::swoons::

Before my time.

*Shrug* I have less access to older tapes.

you got connections you don't even know about, yo. just PM somebody in the puro folder & if they don't hook you up themselves, they can point you to a handful of people who will.

eric: it looked about as good as a cothesline spot in the wwf can look this side of angle/benoit. molly just kinda held her arm out there, but gail took it great: ran right the fuck into it, went down hard, and you could see her head bounce off the mat. she looked legitimately dazed.

favorite segment: highlight reel. i can't even remember what jericho referred to himself as this time, but i remember laughing at it. nash also got to put his natural charisma to good use, & he's pretty magnetic when he's just talking casually and goofing off.

At least Bradshaw actually MURDERS the guy when he does it since he's a stiff worker- but yea- He needs a new finisher

My favorite segments were the opening segment with Austin and Bischoff and the Kane/Bischoff match. Both of those segments actually progressed a storyline and were actually tightly produced and entertaining. La Resistance was better than they have been too, but the rest of the show was just predictable crap.

I enjoyed all of said above.

My favorite was just all of the unintentional comedy. Including the aformentioned Go Go Power Rangers, Nashhole and what not, but also including JR going BALLISTIC for Kane's almost-chokeslam and especially Steiner catching myself offguard with this:

(as soon as he turns around to see Jackie Gayda, he says, VERY LOUD and CLEAR)

"You gonna suck my dick or what? What the hell are you in here for?"

And he slowly walks away with the most confused look on his face. If you taped Raw, go rewatch that right now, it was gold.

Guest deadbeater

Molly's clothesline finish was more effective because she brought her arms forward from swingpointiing to Trish at the last possible moment. right before Gail can go past her. Unlike other clothesline spots where the victim can see it coming, Gail got caught literally in midstride and have to sell it as such.

I think the Kane storyline gets better each week. Though now they run the risk of making him babyface, because he won't do what anyone tells him to.

I'm thinking they have to go with a tweener Kane, both to capitalize on his popularity (face) and be a force to be reckoned with (heel).

This is the first time since March, that I'm constantly replaying segments of a specific wrestler, character or feud (Rock/Austin). Whoever is booking Kane's direction right now, deserves a raise to the nth degree.