TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

Password Asking

Just wondering here, but is everyone getting that www.comictwist.web1000.com asking for a password thing? Like it's a thing that pops up on the screen asking for password and ID and yet, I've got no idea what it's for.

I heard a couple people getting it and apparently I ended up getting asked. Weird thing is though, I got asked during my recent topic that I just created. Which is weird since I'm certain there are no links there.

Anyone knows what's up with this?

Edit: Happened yet again when I accessed my topic of I Quit Blockbuster A Month Ago. Only place it's happening.

I've been getting it too. I haven't installed anything new, so don't blame me this time.

Dames

I know it's not you Dames. No worries. Just as Barron said. Don't fix it without giving the boards at least a 24 hour warning period. Ok? :P

But seriously, I just got hit with it in the WWE boards now. I don't remember which topic, but Iw as just asked yet again. Perhaps a virus has landed onto the server of TSM? Just a guess.

Ok. I found out that it IS a graphic that someone is using.

The graphic is called sharkf5.jpg. It's coming from that perticular site.

However, what is weirder is it's only happening on my own computer that the site is asking for a password. I'm currently using my father's and there was no pop up.

So there you go.

Sounds like the Windows Messenger service.... does it look like a WEB pop up or is it grey? If it is grey then it could be the Messenger pop up which you can disable (XP/2000) by going to Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services.

Find Messenger on the list.

Right click on that and go to Properties.

Under Start Up Type select Disable and click on the Stop button and that should take care of the issue if that is what it is.

Sounds like the Windows Messenger service.... does it look like a WEB pop up or is it grey? If it is grey then it could be the Messenger pop up which you can disable (XP/2000) by going to Control Panel->Adminstrative Tools->Services.

Find Messenger on the list.

Right click on that and go to Properties.

Under Start Up Type select Disable and click on the Stop button and that should take care of the issue if that is what it is.

Ah. Ok. Thanks a lot.

Guest Fook

Ok, this is my bad

I was hosting my sig on my brother's shitty ass site. It was working for me, so I had no idea this was happening to other people.

It's gone now, so it shouldn't happen anymore.

Guess I have to find a new sig now.

Guest Eagan469
Interestingly now that it's out of your sig I got the password promt and I had never gotten it before.

That's because the link was in my post to demonstrate what was going on.