TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

The One & Only Madden 2004 Thread

Guest Flyboy

Post all your sliders, roster fixes, Franchise updates, and other stuff here. So far Madden is a good damn solid game, and I'll be back with more impressions/a review later.

It is available now? I thought it shipped today and would be on shelves on the 14th.

What did they make Michael Vick's speed?

It's available now. Blockbuster's has just received it for rental except the bastards don't put out the games till Friday.

Funny I said that as soon I'll be one of the bastards again here soon.

Vick's speed is Godly, I believe.

Guest Flyboy
It is available now? I thought it shipped today and would be on shelves on the 14th.

What did they make Michael Vick's speed?

Some stores will get it on the 14th while most video gaming stores got it today or Monday.

Vick's speed is a 91, I believe. I'm playing against him now, but I have yet to check.

Oh, and those who are getting the Xbox version who look forward to importing their draft class. Forget it for now. EA made a glitch of some kind and they are trying to fix it.

Guest Flyboy
Jesus christ. A QB with 91 speed. There is no excuse for ever losing a game when you play as the Falcons.

That's not all. He's 95 overall. His speed is the same as Ricky Williams' in the game. No matter, however. I'm killing the Falcons right now in my New Orleans franchise.

Well I'm starting off my Texans dynasty. Oughta be interesting to say the least. I prefer the NCAA preseason where everyone improves, although that would be impractical since they have more than 4 years in the NFL.

Also, I was playing the Packers against a friend, who was using the Falcons. Vick fumbled 3 times (2 returned for TD's) and threw 4 picks (1 returned for TD). So yes, Vick can be contained if his operator makes stupid decisions (of course).

Guest Flyboy
How is EA going to fix it? They don't do LIVE downloads so that will be interesting.

The word now is they will recall the bugged copies and you can trade it for a new (and fixed) copy or a demo disc that has a patch.

Guest Flyboy

I've started a New Orleans Franchise (with Owner mode) and I simmed through the most of it except for NFL South games. We finished 9-7, but we crumpled at the end of the season (irony). We're in the Wildcard against Green Bay and I saved it there.

Yeah, I got the game yesterday afternoon, and have been playing it like mad ever since...Vick is very hit or miss. You'll throw three interceptions, but then have an espy award candidate..or maybe I just suck.

Jerome Bettis pisses me off so much in the game, he just punishes you on the ground.

Oh, and the Bears are not very stable financially...forty million in the hole to start, since u know the new stadium is there...

What does everyone think about the back-loaded contracts?

Yeah, I got the game yesterday afternoon, and have been playing it like mad ever since...Vick is very hit or miss. You'll throw three interceptions, but then have an espy award candidate..or maybe I just suck.

Nah, Vick is like that r/l. He needs to be more consistent as a passer. When he pulls the ball down, the defense can't do much (except for the Bucs of course, who have a bunch of guys on the defense who almost as athletic as he is,so they can stop him more easily)

Guest Flyboy
Is Owner Mode as good as they made it appear?

A little overrated, but it's still pretty damn cool.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Is Owner Mode as good as they made it appear?

A little overrated, but it's still pretty damn cool.

Overated? How? Its amazing. For hardcore gamers who aren't ever satisfied, maybe they could say its overated. But for the rest of us, its pretty damn amazing.

Man, the contract system is awesome...

There's like millions of things to do in owner mode...

Assistant coaches!!!

I play on All-Pro too with some slider adjustments, I will work out the sliders during the pre-season as usual, I like to NOT be able to blow the computer away all the time.

Training Camp is nice, makes the Mini-Camp mode useful...

Ability to place players on the trade block and specify what you want in return...

Awesome game!

Yeah, I got the game yesterday afternoon, and have been playing it like mad ever since...Vick is very hit or miss.  You'll throw three interceptions, but then have an espy award candidate..or maybe I just suck.

Nah, Vick is like that r/l. He needs to be more consistent as a passer. When he pulls the ball down, the defense can't do much (except for the Bucs of course, who have a bunch of guys on the defense who almost as athletic as he is,so they can stop him more easily)

Didn't he only throw 4 picks all last season?

Guest drdrainoscott

I picked a copy up yesterday at Target, so I know its available there. Anyway, since I go to school in Atlanta, the Falcons are my team and let me tell you that they pretty much suck. Vick is awesome, but the O-Line is horrid so the team had absolutly no running game, and the secondary on defense is just as bad. This is playing on normal difficulty mind you, and I was playing 2003 on All-Pro so I wouldn't chalk this up as me just sucking.

But hey, if this means that the AI is vastly supperior to last years game, then I'm all for it.

Yeah I've thrown 11 picks already this year with Carson Palmer (second year of owner mode) Any advice for the passing, fire everything hard? Even when I lob it and they're open, the corners get to it and pick it off. Anybody know any good passing plays?

I was 8.25 million in the hole after the first year, and was close to moving out to LA, but I'm holding out on the Bismarck, ND bid.

Yeah I've thrown 11 picks already this year with Carson Palmer (second year of owner mode) Any advice for the passing, fire everything hard? Even when I lob it and they're open, the corners get to it and pick it off. Anybody know any good passing plays?

Depends. Personally, I finally found out how to play different passing plays. However, I like to usually use the short yard passing gains. Also, always try to get something in the middle as defensives usually don't pick something with a pass like right up the middle.

And always pass hard unless you are going for the long 20 yard passes. For short to mid, strike that bitch in hard.

Here is the nameless player's list and their fixed numbers:

Bears-

#95 = Lance Briggs, #91

#38 = Todd Johnson, #32

#77 = Ian Scott, #71

-Bengals-

#69 = Elton Patterson, #67

-Broncos-

#70 = George Foster, #72

#90 = Nicholos Eason, #97

#95 = Bryant McNeal, #90

-Browns-

#55 = Jeff Faine, #50

#28 = Chris Crocker, #25

#74 = Antonio Garay, #95

#76 = Gus Felder, #75

-Bucs-

#79 = Lance Nimmo, #77

#75 = Sean Mahan, #78

#22 = Torrie Cox, #24

-Cardinals-

#45 = Gerald Hayes, #54

-Chargers-

#25 = Sammy Davis, #22

#46 = Terrence Kiel, #48

#74 = Courtney Van Buren, #72

Colts-

#26 = Donald Strickland, #30

#55 = Keyon Whiteside, #52

#77 = Robert Mathis, #98

#60 = Makoa Freitas, #76

-Cowboys-

#35 = B.J. Tucker, #33

-Dolphins-

#56 = Eddie Moore, #58

#77 = Wade Smith, #74

#70 = Taylor Whitley, #69

-Eagles-

#73 = Jeremy Bridges, #74

#70 = Dante Ellington, #64

-Falcons-

#21 = Bryan Scott, #24

-49ers-

#73 = Anthony Adams, #91

-Giants-

#38 = Roderick Babers, #31

#50 = Wayne Lucier, #62

-Jets-

#37 = Derek Pagel, #25

#62 = Dave Yovanovits, #64

-Packers-

#92 = Hunter Hillenmeyer, #57

-Patriots-

#79 = Dan Klecko, #90

Raiders-

#29 = Nnamdi Asomugha, #21

#98 = Tyler Brayton, #91

#59 = Sam Williams, #54

-Rams-

#47 = Pisa Tinoisamoa, #50

-Redskins-

#51 = LaVar Arrington, #56

-Saints-

#45 = Cie Grant, #58

-Steelers-

#41 = Troy Polamalu, #43

-Texans-

#99 = Antwan Peek, #98

#74 = Seth Wand, #78

-Titans-

#28 = Donnie Nickey, #23

#74 = Todd Williams, #78

-Vikings-

#53 = E.J. Henderson, #56

Yeah, the AI seems much better this year around. I have found out a few things...the Cowboys are only a few impact players away from a fucking great team. I picked them and I did some pretty good wheeling and dealing..got a lot of cap room, improved, got younger, etc.

Also, Chad Hutchinson is good with Parcells (Dallas Coach), or he's just good period. I made the Cowboys attack nothing but passing and he wound up improving by like ten points my first season, and throwing 28 in the season (third in nfl)...did pretty damn good in training camp with him.

Oh, and I traded Larry Allen away and after dropping Coakley, I picked up this freak of a linebacker, Urlacher type freak with the first pick. Ironically, he was from New Mexico and looked to have played Safety in college.

Owners Mode is fun...not sure if im going to make a new stadium or keep that ugly Texas Stadium...