TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Bitch

The Infinity Gauntlet / War / whatever you

I was never able to read it, but i heard it was a good story, but please spoil it for me, who was the one to finally defeat Thanos and remove him off the Gauntlet / gems? :P

I have it at home, I'll need to double check when I get in tonight if no one else has answered. I do remember some ploy where the Silver Surfer was going to sweep in and take it while Thanos was distracted, but I don't believe that worked. I know that Warlock eventually wound up with the glove and was forced to distibute the gems to the Infinity Watch by the Eternals......or maybe it was the Celestials. Big ass super powerful dudes.

Edit: I see Starvenger answered. I believe that Thanos wanted to be beat, because Death still didn't love him and turned her back on him.

I didn't read it either, but at one point didn't Thanos kill like half the heroes in the Marvel universe?

Obviously that got corrected, but I thought that's what happened.

The Infinity Gaultlet is a pretty kick ass story, but I don't really care for the other two that followed.

I remember reading it and watching as Silver Surfer flew at light-speed to take the Gauntlet away from Thanos...and missed??!!?? I thought : "Holy Shit! The heroes are screwed".

I was never able to read it, but i heard it was a good story, but please spoil it for me, who was the one to finally defeat Thanos and remove him off the Gauntlet / gems? :P

Thanos, after beating everyone abandoned his body and the gauntlet and replaced Eternity as the embodiment of the Universe. A horribly burned and supposedly mindless but in reality not mindless Nebula snatched the Gauntlet from Thanos's grasp and used it to not only restore her body but undo the carnage Thanos inflicted upon the universe.

Adam Warlock then went into the soul gem and merged with the power of the gauntlet and teleported it off of Nebula's hand and onto his own. Thanos then tried to blow himself up but was saved by Warlock and sent to an uninhabited world to live out his remaining life.

I have the comic (Silver Surfer # 55, I believe), although in bad condition, where Warlock and Surfer find Thanos standing triumphant over bloody and beaten characters like Captain America, Hulk, Wolverine, Cyclops, Dr. Strange, Cloak, Spider Man, and maybe a few others. That comic was always one of my favs.

There is a Thanos comic coming out? I will only get it if Ron Lim is drawing it, he draws Thanos the best, IMO...

Starlin is both writing and drawing the new Thanos series.