TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rising up out of the back seat-nuh

Nintendo stops GameCube production...

Unless N-Gage or PSP smokes it.

I loathe them already for aspiring to kill 2D gaming on the portable front.

I'd blow up my PC if the N-Gage was successful. The screen is too odd, the buttons are all over the place, the thing looks and feels like ass and the launch titles don't make the system look worth the investment.

PSP, jury's out, but I imagine the GBA will be at the end of it's lifespan and a successor will already be hyped by the time the PSP hits shelves. That Game Boy successor would probably have 3D tech in it anyway.

As long as Nintendo keeps doing well in Japan, they will be alright. Sega died out because no one outside of the US gave a shit about the Dreamcast, and they fumbled the ball on the Saturn launch. Nintendo doesnt' have any failures as big as those (well...Virtual boy...but besides that) and still put out some of the best games there are. With the addition of games like True Crime and The Suffering and Resident Evil 4, it will be hard pressed to still call it "kiddy". It is a dumb label now and will look even dumber in the future.

As long as Nintendo keeps doing well in Japan, they will be alright. Sega died out because no one outside of the US gave a shit about the Dreamcast, and they fumbled the ball on the Saturn launch. Nintendo doesnt' have any failures as big as those (well...Virtual boy...but besides that) and still put out some of the best games there are. With the addition of games like True Crime and The Suffering and Resident Evil 4, it will be hard pressed to still call it "kiddy". It is a dumb label now and will look even dumber in the future.

*Ssssshhhh* The Micro$oft and PS2 fanatics don't want to hear of those games...

Sega died out because no one outside of the US gave a shit about the Dreamcast, and they fumbled the ball on the Saturn launch.

Saturn was pretty big in Japan-only as well, and it didn't help Sega any. Nintendo can afford to keep the Gamecube limpin' along of course because GBA is selling so damn well.

Nintendo doesnt' have any failures as big as those (well...Virtual boy...but besides that) and still put out some of the best games there are.

It doesn't matter (for Nintendo, anyway) how good they are if nobody's buying them.

With the addition of games like True Crime

Not an exclusive.

and The Suffering

Not an exclusive.

Resident Evil 4

I'm interested in that one, we'll see how it turns out.

it will be hard pressed to still call it "kiddy".  It is a dumb label now and will look even dumber in  the future.

Doesn't matter whether the release schedule is "kiddy" or not. The problem is that Nintendo makes purple consoles and controllers with bright buttons. The problem is that Nintendo keeps making rehashes of their cartoon character games (SMB3! Again! This time on Game Boy!) while not even caring to announce a sequel to Eternal Darkness at this year's E3. The problem is that Starfox and Mario Kart get full-page hype in the latest catalog but Resident Evil gets a paragraph and a couple screens.

If Nintendo would have an exclusive with Treasure, than I will take back everything bad I have said about the big N. Did Ikaruga ever get released in the US yet?

Well...2 out of those 3 are multi platform.

I still say that Nintendo had the best M Rated game last year with Eternal Darkness (which I liked better than Vice City) so whatever.

Yeah, I know they are multiplatform, but people act like the M rated games don't exist on the Cube. Then they ignore the fact that 95% of the M rated games on the other platforms SUCK ASS. For ever GTA there is some piece of crap that get's its M rating by throwing some extra blood around with bad game play.

At the end of the day, the CUbe still sells well in some places world wide, and does enough business in the US to not be a bust like the Saturn and Dreamcast were. The only reason that X Box hasn't gone the way of the Sega games is because of the huge amount of money they have backing them. Its NOT doing well in Japan, and they are taking a loss on every one that is sold. But people pretend that the Cube is doing so horrible and is dying out.

As long as Nintendo keeps putting out the BEST games, they will have no problem keeping afloat and making a profit.

If Nintendo would have an exclusive with Treasure, than I will take back everything bad I have said about the big N. Did Ikaruga ever get released in the US yet?

The game was released North American side. I've been tempted to rent it.

Problem with this game, most likely unless you find a gaming store (and not cheap imitations like Blockbuster) to rent the game, you're probably going to have to buy it.

Although, I still admit that a Nintendo employee admitting it's the titles killing them (or rather the misconception of what titles are killing them) doesn't really help to paint a picture of "it's all ok, we are doing this as would anyone else" type of thing.

I've heard about the fated sequel to Earthbound coming to GC in the future...and if that gets dumped again...Nintendo is definitely gonna hear it from me...no way in hell are they gonna take away what's rightfully mine.

And for all the other EB fans...they're planning a version for the GBA. Gee...I wonder what game is next on MY list? :headbang:

Nintendo has said on MANY occasions they would never just do games for other consoles. The day they stop working in consoles is the day Mario and Luigi, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Link, and Metroid die.

Resident Evil gets a paragraph and a couple screens.

Well, I personally haven't seen much more than that from Capcom themselves... go to any game site, the screens are pretty much all the same - Leon and a gun.

Nintendo's president, Satoru Iwata, has also said he wants to move away from increasingly sophisticated and time consuming games, which dominate the games industry at the moment.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but one could read this as Iwata saying that Nintendo themselves are moving away from making games of this nature. This doesn't mean that third party developer's can't create and release these types of games on the Cube. I could be wrong... and if I am, I guess I'm glad that I just bought a PS2.

Capcom is one of those companies that doesn't reveal shit to anyone.

That's just how they are.

It's not a GC thing...Tecmo is the same way with Ninja Gaiden for XBox.

Same info and screens over and over...and that game comes out much sooner than Res. Evil 4

Guest Goodear

You know, I personally would welcome a periodic return to gaming where I only have to worry about one or two buttons at a time rather than, you know, twelve. Sometimes a little pick'em up and play is just what the doctor ordered. Nowadays, booklets seem to be like 20 pages long when the used to be 5... only one of which was about the gameplay (the other four were all Villian galleries and little story things).

I think it depends on the game. Even in the 8-bit games, Final Fantasy had a huge instruction manual. Nintendo would be completely stupid to refuse any "complicated" games to be released on their system as there are TONS of RPG'ers out there as well as TONS of Survival Horror fans...