TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Marci X

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
Although it has the incredibly hot Paula Garces, but that can't come close to saving this.

All of a sudden, I feel like watching Clockstoppers.

Also...

Blankman owns all your asses.

most of this years releases features black leads in stupid roles. either they are morons, inmates, or menaces to society.

example:

queen latifah: escaped inmate in bringing down the house.

damon wayons: controversial rapper whose lyrics shock america in marci x.

martin lawrence and will smith: being dumbass cops in bad boys II.

taye diggs and anthony anderson: minstrels in malibu's most wanted.

nick cannon: gangsta rap catch-phrase in drumline.

the only black actor doing movies thats not embarrassing dwayne johnson.

most of this years releases features black leads in stupid roles. either they are morons, inmates, or menaces to society.

example:

^ I Co sign with your statement, except for the Cannon his character was just immature and spoiled. Well know black actors don't get alot of scripts for diverse roles, I think they just accept these roles as you mentioned to pay the bills, I also don't like how Marci X shows the negative aspects of Hip Hop.

I wanted to burn everycopy of bringing down the house and shoot every reviewer that said it was a good movie.

Then I had friends that said I should support the film because someone black was in it. Fuck that. These are the same people that couldn't see the beauty in a film like Bulworth because THAT was insulting to black people.

I hate people.

Guest wrestlingbs

Damon has to pick up the slack now that the rest of the family was fired from Scary Movie.

Speaking of which, I eat my words about Scary Movie 3. I thought it would bomb (I hated SM2), but damn if the trailer wasn't hilarious.

example:

Everything you've just said shows your Ignorance.

Guest Choken One
the only black actor i am going to see for now on is dwayne johnson movies.

Denzel...

Fishbourne...

Snipes...

They aren't black?

Denzel Washington ?

That's that guy that won the Oscar, right ?

Never heard of him...

well yes they all are. what's their most acclaimed movies.

denzel washington: low life cop in training day

laurence fishburne: wife beating ike turner in what's love got to do with it

wesley snipes: drug dealer nino brown in new jack city

they play characters that role models are made of.

Guest Choken One

Denzel-Soilder in Civil War (won a oscar for this too pal)

Fishbourne: What's love is NOT his most acclaimed movie...you're grasping at straws...

What about Freeman?

actually, Wesley finally figured out that he isn;t going to be taken seriously when he does serious roles, and that he should stick to action films. He get more love for the Blade movies than practically anything else.

Laurence is a widely regarded actor on ALL fronts. I doubt that anyoine really remmebers the Ike Turner role he played.

And no, Denzel is not remembered most for his role is Training Day. He's more highly regarded than Laurence and has been for years.

sorry, that argument falls flat on its face. Try again.

laurence fishburne was nominated for an oscar as ike turner.

morgan freeman: has anyone ever seen driving miss daisy?

i didn't say most popular roles, i said most acclaimed performances by critics.

most people know laurence fishburne as morpheus from the matrix or wesley snipes as blade, but most film critics will say their best performances were nino brown and ike turner.

Guest Shaved Bear

i know lauerence fishburne as the father from Boyz in the Hood...what about LL Cool J...for a rapper/actor I think hes a pretty good actor

considering the bad roles hes been in (Deep Blue Sea, Rollerball)

laurence fishburne was nominated for an oscar as ike turner.

morgan freeman: has anyone ever seen driving miss daisy?

i didn't say most popular roles, i said most acclaimed performances by critics.

most people know laurence fishburne as morpheus from the matrix or wesley snipes as blade, but most film critics will say their best performances were nino brown and ike turner.

Driving Miss Daisy made more then 100 million dollars in 1989- that's a LOT of money

i don't care if it made the us gross national product of 1989. morgan freemans role was still nothing but an servant. actually its the same roles that hattie mcdaniel played in her heyday.

I still see you as a very ignorant person.

No matter how many movies they've been in, no matter how good their performances were, how many Awards they've won, and most importantly... how good the actor / actress is... you only look at the Character they play ?

Does it occur to you that it could have been a good movie, anyway ?

Example:

Wow... Denzel Washington played a Corrupt Cop in Training Day, he's a bad actor. He doesn't deserve to be in movies.

Come on...

Please. Morgan Freeman played a great role in Driving Miss Daisy. Anyone that didn't drink Spike Lee's and Public Enemy's Kool-aid would watch the movie and know that. His role was more empowering than it was insulting.

Lawrence Fishburne is a incredible actor. I will watch his performance as Othello more than anyone else. Ike Turner's part was in a TRUE STORY. Once again, that movie didn't insult the black race.

Denzel is forever god for channeling Malcolm X. The guy is just a great actor who I haven't seen do a movie that kills the black race.

Then you have movies like Bringing down the House, Undercover Brother, Baby Boy, Belly...so many movies that are setting blacks in hollywood back years at a time.

Right now this movie is being pitched:

"Okay, he is from the HOOD right and he goes to live with his rich white uncle. ANd since he is from the hood, he never shakes anyones hand, he slaps it and says "Whut up bru". And he will eventually make a bunch of older white people dance to the latest MTV approved hip-hop hit. We have to have at least one stuck up black guy and one down ass old white lady in it. Its a HIT it tells ya."

^ Don't forget BAPS as a insulting black movie. That Snoop show on MTV is a insulting black show that on tv right now. I haven't seen Miss Daisy to comment on it. I think Denzel should've won more oscars thou, I mean like Rip said, the way he channeled Malcolm X was great, that you would think Malcom was playing himself. Definitely, Denzel should won Oscar for X, instead of being a Slave in "Glory" he was good in it, but it wasn't Oscar worthy thou.

Guest SweetNSexyDiva

I think the movie looks dumb. Plus, I really am not into Lisa Kudrow. She ALWAYS plays a dumb character.... it's her gimmick.

^ Don't forget BAPS as a insulting black movie. That Snoop show on MTV is a insulting black show that on tv right now. I haven't seen Miss Daisy to comment on it. I think Denzel should've won more oscars thou, I mean like Rip said, the way he channeled Malcolm X was great, that you would think Malcom was playing himself. Definitely, Denzel should won Oscar for X, instead of being a Slave in "Glory" he was good in it, but it wasn't Oscar worthy thou.

WHAT??? His role in Glory defined what the Oscars should be about. you believed every bit of that.

I don't think he should have won for Training Day as Ewan McGregor 0wned every one that year with his role in Moulin Rouge, but he should have won it for Hurricane instead of Spacey for American Beauty.

I still have a belief that deep down inside, Snoop Dogg was sent by white supremist to have him pop up whenever people are ready to take hip hop and black people serious. If it starts to happen, they hit a button and he walks in with that pimp and a big ass medal, jewel encrusted cup and gets on camera.

~CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!

I hate the movie Hurricane because it presents itself as a true story but is so far from the truth. It shouldn't matter that much, but it's ruined for me, I can't forget it.

Another movie insulting to black folksL the one where Chris Rock becomes the president, I can't even remember the name of that one.

I like Undercover Brother though... I think it was more of a spoof of what we're talking about, not continuing it. Director Malcolm Lee talked about it on the commentary, he was aware of what he was trying to do.

From YahooMovies:

At least it did better than "Marci X," a comedy starring "Friends" actress Lisa Kudrow as a Jewish American Princess who runs a rap label. It opened at No. 15 with $865,000. The film, budgeted in the low-$20 million range was written off last year, said a spokeswoman for its distributor, Paramount Pictures, a unit of Viacom Inc .

Not a surprise...