TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Marci X

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

I've been watching the previews for this movie, and I'm wondering how the hell this even got greenlighted. Anybody think this will surpass "Gigli" as the worst movie of the year?

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

1. Paramount knows that this is a Grade A Bomb, so they aren't doing much to promote it. I didn't even know about this film until about 2 weeks ago. Also, the fact that it is Rated R doesn't help it.

2. Lisa Kudrow and Damon Wayans ? Box Office draw... you are not.

3. Most importantly, it just looks like a bad movie.

Prediction:

This will be worst than Gigli and From Justin To Kelly. It won't make the top 10, and i'll be surprised if this makes over $1Million at the Box Office.

I dunno if America gives a shit what's is or isn't a bad movie anymore. Remember Kangaroo Jack?

I'm predicting at least in the top ten, but it quickly fades away by week 2.

I think it will end up being one of those little comedies that everyone loves later on down the line but won't make shit at the theater. Like that Romy and Michelles Highschool Reunion or Kingpin. I have confidence in those two.

And besides Analyze That, I have never seen Kudrow do a bad movie. (knows someone is going to call him on THAT)

That was the single most phoned in movie I have ever seen. even the extras didn't look like they were trying.

That was the single most phoned in movie I have ever seen. even the extras didn't look like they were trying.

I agree, it could've been way better than it was. But I still liked it.

I hated Romy and Michelle- That dream sequence went on way too long and the whole movie was very boring. Nothing funny seemed to happen.

Bad Lisa Kudrow movies:

Lucky Numbers

Hanging Up

Guest MD2020

Damon Wayans as a hardcore rapper = Eddie Murphy as a heavyweight boxer.

NOT GOOD

This will be worst than Gigli and From Justin To Kelly. It won't make the top 10, and i'll be surprised if this makes over $1Million at the Box Office.

I HIGHLY doubt it won't make over a $1 million.

I don't think it's going to be that bad overall. It's just a stupid film, and at least they are promoting it as that, isntead of being an overpromoted stinker like Gigli

It looks like ass. I don't see how some of these damn movies even get made.

Checked up on it a little.

Premise: A young Jewish woman, Marci (Kudrow), has to take over a hard-core rap label for her father (Benjamin), Felony Assault, including negotiating the negative publicity aftermath when a song by Dr. Snatchcatcher (Wayans), one of her top artists, called "Shoot Ya' Teacha" becomes a big pop hit. Marci X is a "J.A.P. meets Rap" thing. (Baranski plays a right-wing senator outraged at Dr. Snatchcatcher's lyrics.)

It's only opening in about 1,200 theaters. It's R rated, and that'll take a little more bite out of the numbers. The movie's been done since July 2001.

Although it has the incredibly hot Paula Garces, but that can't come close to saving this.

I find the premise of a song called "Shoot Ya' Teacha" to be funny as hell.

I still get that so dumb its hilarious vibe from it though. One Saturday when nothing else is on, it will be on Starz and I will see if I am right.

Guest Choken One

However...Damon Waynes REALLY needs to revive his James "Grim Reaper" Roper character...I wanted him to have his OWN movie

Guest Choken One

However...Damon Waynes REALLY needs to revive his James "Grim Reaper" Roper character...I wanted him to have his OWN movie

Yes, only Freddy vs. Jason was made to be a bad movie, as it's geared towards bad movie fans. And honestly, who doesn't like purposefully so-bad-it's-good movies?

Guest Choken One
With or without the belly.  Because if you say without....

*shakes fist*

The Belly MADE the movie...that and Sam Jackson playing A seedier Don King

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

"You need to get in shape"

"I'm in a shape...round."

I aint feeling this movie, but I might give it shot thou. I didn't like the previews of Malibu's most wanted but I saw it and was funny. So maybe this might be funny. Great White Hype was funny because of Sultan mostly thou.