TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Well it is from IGN, Psych, so I'd say the info is pretty credible, not to mention they've backed up their claims with quotes from THQ representatives etc.

However, there is still a little while to go yet, you never know what they may throw in.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I was sold already, but that just confirms the hole being burnt in my pocket is justified. This will be awesome.

Sucks you have to, you know, play the game to unlock people, but it makes sense. Won't be getting Piper right away. Damn. But this has a damn good shot at being the best US wrestling game since No Mercy...although i really don't give a fuck, since i'll love it anyway.

Well it is from IGN, Psych, so I'd say the info is pretty credible, not to mention they've backed up their claims with quotes from THQ representatives etc.

However, there is still a little while to go yet, you never know what they may throw in.

The game has "gone gold", so that means it is completely finished and is off to the production line to make all the discs and packaging. They could make some changes, but that would mean stopping production and destroying the discs that have already been made.

I was sold already, but that just confirms the hole being burnt in my pocket is justified. This will be awesome.

Sucks you have to, you know, play the game to unlock people, but it makes sense. Won't be getting Piper right away. Damn. But this has a damn good shot at being the best US wrestling game since No Mercy...although i really don't give a fuck, since i'll love it anyway.

I think it said you have to unlock SOME not all.

Although I assume Piper, DiBiase, old school Taker all have to be unlocked(seem to be the ones that will be most used).

Dammit I can't wait to do DiBiase/Angle or DiBiase/Eddie.

Hell in a Cell question...

I don't think it was mentioned in that long FAQ, but how big is the cell? Will it be SYM size or like WMXIX? I'd love to have the gameplay of SYM with the size of WMXIX. Also, any word on weapons in HIAC?

If Old School Taker doesn't have his old theme, I don't even see the appeal.

Also, the buzz around this thread has been "4 Costumes per wrestler", but the FAQ certainly makes it seem like th enumber is from 1 to 3, like SYM. Is this only based on what's been seen so far?

why are their only 7 top ten intros? I can't wait. Only 17 more days

Actually it's not the top 10 intros. It's IGN's top 10 reasons to buy the game. Intros was just the #9 Reason on the list.

About the CAW abilities, would it be possible just to clone an existing CAW like in the Attitude of PSX?

Sucks not being able defend belts in exhibition. That was the best multiplayer function. Other than that, the game sounds great. I haven't bought a wrestling game since JBI and even that I played rarely due to my malfunctioning PS2. Once I get a new one, i just might pick this up.

Would it be smarter to preorder or wait until it shows up in stores?

You'll probably get it sooner if you just wait for the release date, Slacker.

Once it's released, they'll have to ship it to you which could mean that others are blowing their loads over the game while you're just getting it up.

....Okay I'm done here.

UYI

You'll probably get it sooner if you just wait for the release date, Slacker.

Once it's released, they'll have to ship it to you which could mean that others are blowing their loads over the game while you're just getting it up.

....Okay I'm done here.

UYI

I got mine pre-ordered. As soon as it comes into Gamestop, I get a call and then I go pick it up. Same day.

Guest Choken One

Pre Ordering never made sense to me...

Makes you look TOO obsessive about the fucking game and quite frankly you're better off emotionally if you happen to be in the area the day the game comes out instead of waiting for a phone...

"Hello, Mr. Jackson your wrestling game you preordered is in"...

Guest Real F'n Show

^ yeah i know what you mean. maybe its just me but when I preorder its always more of a hassle than just going out and buying it the day it comes out, usually just because the place i preorder from sucks

Thanks UYI. I usually wait until it shows up at the local Wal-Mart (the K Mart still has JBI for $49.98, thus giving a small glimpse into their quality 'round here).

Ignorant question, but when games are shipped, do they send them to like all branches of a store at a time or wait on some? Like, would a shipment for Peoria go out the same time a shipment for LA does?

Pre Ordering never made sense to me...

Makes you look TOO obsessive about the fucking game and quite frankly you're better off emotionally if you happen to be in the area the day the game comes out instead of waiting for a phone...

"Hello, Mr. Jackson your wrestling game you preordered is in"...

Yeah, that whole "being guaranteed a copy" thing makes no sense... :rolleyes:

..and who cares if you look obsessive.. the only people you'd look obsessive to are the video game store clerks.. like they even care.

Guest Choken One

Guranteed a copy is just wrong though...they always have 150 copies of any new game at Best Buy or Wal Mart for me...

I pre ordered at EB. Now as a rule I hate pre-ordering, it's pointless most of the time.

But I'm really hyped for this game and it always seems that EB are the first to get games (and I have like 16 places to buy it in my general area and EB is always first) and man are they Nazi's if you didn't pre-order. And heck if it doesn't work out I can always get my money back...

Guest Choken One

Eh Wal-Mart round here usually has it two days before EB or the more establish Entertainment stores anyways...