TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

I'm not having fun with the season mode anymore. It seems like a chore to me. I've only unlocked the moves and two legends so far too. :(

I want to start making dudes, but I don't want the hassle that comes with it. Damn I'm lazy....

If you are just doing career to unlock stuff, you should do what I'm doing now, as I talked about ealier and in the CAW thread.

and what was thata again DH?

I'm not having fun with the season mode anymore. It seems like a chore to me. I've only unlocked the moves and two legends so far too. :(

I want to start making dudes, but I don't want the hassle that comes with it. Damn I'm lazy....

If you are just doing career to unlock stuff, you should do what I'm doing now, as I talked about ealier and in the CAW thread.

and what was thata again DH?

The following is what I posted before. I'm doing it myself, and it does indeed work perfectly. As I just mentioned above, it's also usefull to just unlock stuff (I'm doing it for my CAWs though).

Here is some pretty cool information that I found at GameFAQs about CAWs...

For people who don't have a Gameshark, Sharkport, etc. and want to be able to make CAWs with decent stats, this is probably the fastest way, although there is some set-up involved.

===========

- Create about 20 or so "Jobbers." (You only need to make one, then clone the rest.) Assign them a 1.5 to Speed, leave the rest of the stats at 1. If you really want to go the extra mile, design the most useless moveset you can think of for them.

- Make your CAW you'll actually be playing as. Bump his/her stats up to 4 across the board.

- Start a season mode. Swap as many of the REAL wrestlers out of the season as you can with your jobbers. (You should be able to make one show completely full of jobbers except for title holders. Obviously, you'll want to be playing on that show.)

- Make sure your difficulty is on SMACKDOWN! level, as you get a (x4) bonus to experience gained at that level.

- Every time you win a match, you'll get 6(x4)=24 XP. This can be hard to do, as even with a 1 Tech, the CPU reverses a LOT. But if you play a "head submission" offense, it'll only take 4-5 moves like Tombstone Piledrivers to have their head in the red. Then slap on the head submission (a simple "Neck Lock" ground grapple works wonders).

- Make sure you DON'T spend your XP if you want to make multiple CAWs of that gender. You can copy your CAW, and any unspent XP goes with them. I currently have a female CAW with 1,100 unspent XP, giving me almost enough for an 8.5 in every stat. Since it's unspent, that means after copying her, I can make CAWs with different stats without having to do this thirty-two times. However, I'm out of luck with MALE CAWs until I do this over again or find a working save file to leech. 

...and also...

Ick. Here's some useless numbers for you, since I love to number crunch.

-----

Keeping in mind that your CAWs begin with 250 XP, if you want to be able to create a CAW with stats of ...

All "4.5s" [45 OVR] you need to earn 20 XP. 

All "5s" [50 OVR ~Trish Stratus] you need to earn 70 XP.

All "5.5s" [55 OVR] you need to earn 120 XP.

All "6s" [60 OVR] you need to earn 180 XP.

All "6.5s" [65 OVR ~Tajiri] you need to earn 280 XP.

All "7s" [70 OVR ~Lance Storm] you need to earn 405 XP.

All "7.5s" [75 OVR ~John Cena] you need to earn 580 XP.

All "8s" [80 OVR ~Shawn Michaels] you need to earn 830 XP.

All "8.5s" [85 OVR ~Austin/Undertaker] you need to earn 1155 XP.

All "9s" [90 OVR ~Goldberg/HHH] you need to earn 1530 XP.

All "9.5s" [95 OVR] you need to earn 1980 XP.

All "10s" [100 OVR] you need to earn 2480 XP.

...I thought some of you might find that as interesting as I did.

I started again with Triple H..he's actually pretty good. I'm teaming with Jericho to face Goldberg and Rock in a double title match at Backlash.

Guest TonyJaymzV1

Greatest Stable Ever- My CAW, Rey Rey and Ultimo Dragon w/ Lita

Dangerous By Design baby!

JHawk: About your title hunt with Chris Benoit... Unless I am confused with another angle,

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

The reason you weren't champ was because you beat Taker's identical cousin in the TV match

I just found out yesterday that in Times Square, you can climb up the side of the building not just once (via the ladder), but twice (via insane leaping ability). That shit is high. I threw my opponent off (he landed on a car and it blew up!) and tried pressing square to get down safely, but square makes you do a huge ass superman leap from that high. I hit the pavement and was dead, and was pinned.

I need to be convinced to drop a 50 on this game tonight. I'm seriously thinking of buying it right now, but i'm not sure yet.

Does the season last longer than 2 years?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I win my first title as Taker feels the KIIIIII CRUSHAAAAAA through an announce table. heh.

I think my favorite thing about this game is how they reanimated the supremely lame suplexes to allow for maximum head droppage.

Cartman, season is one year, but all the stats and titles and what carry over to a new season.

That reminds me of an angle, I'm wondering if anyone else got it:

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

after I beat Taker at WM, he came out on the first night of the new season talking stuff and we had a rematch that night on smackdown.

cool how the storyline carried over into a new season.

Just saw this on another board. Is this accurate?

After one full year on the circuit your season mode automatically ends; but players will be given the chance to import all of their records, titles, and stables into a new season should they want to continue. And while it's awesome to know that game keeps track of every wrestler's title history, win/loss record, and their most common opponents, it's the beginning of year two where the season mode begins to show its weaknesses. On the one hand, you have the fact that the CPU actually remembers your feuds and partners for some storylines (which is great), but then seems to forget them entirely the subsequent month. We had Vince McMahon on a mission to destroy us all month long but we could visit him backstage at the PPV where it was supposed to happen only to receive an extra Superstar point because he had confidence that we'd take the victory in the main event. Huh?

Anybody else find it absolutely RIDICULOUS how HARD it is to beat Trips? Seriously, as KANE, I got in no counters, got manhandled on two matches back to back, and pinned in about 5 minutes. Every grapple was reversed, every kick and punch was blocked. He's harder to fight than Rock was in the previous games!

A fun storyline I've had in season mode is HHH trying to hold me down and take the World Title, but then there's me owning him when it counts.

First, right when I start the season with Old School Taker (Fuckin' A!) we form a stable, and we're pretty good and dominant, as you might imagine. Anyway, things are going fine until I win the title from Rocky. HHH comes around and says he wants us to put on a show that the people deserve.

That same night, I got a sledge to the back from a passing car. Goldberg comes out and says that he did it, and then he and Haitch start fighting. Anyway, Berg then takes out Trips with the hammer, which leads up to a match between me and Berg the next week, I win, but then we go all 2000 and Trips comes out and turns on me with the hammer.

The next week, he claims he was behind the whole thing. Next thing I know, I'm facing him in a hell in a cell at Unforgiven. I destroy him. Put him through the cage and off of it. Finish him with a pedigree. I fuck him up old school.

But then we continue feuding after I turn down the idea of starting my own faction. Old School Taker doesn't need a gang, although it would be fun to start up something with Kane or Jericho or someone. Haitch traps me inside my car, lifts me up with the "HHH Forklift of Doom" and then drops me. I survive, of course. Then, I drive my own black monster truck over his car, crushing it. Then we have a crazy last man standing match at No Mercy, where I again win after a sort of difficult match. After the match, things got awesome, when he was put on a stretcher, which is poetic and junk, since after the drive by hammering, I was put onto a stretcher.

But overall, he went down like a sucka.

How do you get to Times Square from backstage?

Well, you have to Buy it from the Shop Zone first.

After you buy it, when you are in the Outdoor Backstage area, there will be a one of those blue dot things. Enter that and you will be in the Times Square Area.

If you make the same decisions durring your second season (or whatever) then you'll obviously get the same results. Be creative with what you do, what titles you go after, and how you decide to play the game.

I'm doing a second season right now, and I have yet to see a repeat of something from season one, other than a few thing JR and Lawler says.

When I had the option to make a stable as Brock...I took Goldberg and Kane as teamates.

I somehow turned into Jim Ross.

BA GAWD!!! LOOK AT THE HOSSES! THE HOSSES! THE HOSSES! BA GAWD!!

[/Jim Ross]

Guest Ice2308

This game sounds amazing to bad my PS2 is broken, but it will be sent in to Sony first thing in the morning, but I won't get it back till November 20 something, which sucks. I can't wait to play I don't know who to start with, Goldberg, Brock, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Cena, Matt! I can't wait for this. I gonna rent it from Blockbuster and just keep it.

This game sounds amazing to bad my PS2 is broken, but it will be sent in to Sony first thing in the morning, but I won't get it back till November 20 something, which sucks. I can't wait to play I don't know who to start with, Goldberg, Brock, Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Cena, Matt! I can't wait for this. I gonna rent it from Blockbuster and just keep it.

I only purchased my PS2 last X-Mas and I'm hearing all these horror stories how the machine just falls apart after, like, 2 years of use.

Apparently, Sony improved the quality and durability of the Playstation around October last year, so hopefully that won't happen to me.

However, if I had known this, I'd probably be in X-Box territory today.

UYI

Guest hhheld_down

just got the game like 4 hours ago,pretty damn cool. Took me a couple tries to get the controls down but once I did it is a blast. Worth the 50 bucks. Im broke now, and my social life may never recover but oh well. Couple notes

Started Season with KANE. Won the Hardcore Title from RVD in second match. Lost it two months later (Judgement Day) to Goldberg who sneak attacked me in the parkin lot and kept runnin me over with UTs motorbike. Day after JDay I wont the interontinental title though. Very fun. Havent been involved in any storyline of real yet but.

I only purchased my PS2 last X-Mas and I'm hearing all these horror stories how the machine just falls apart after, like, 2 years of use.

It does, Mine stopped working after 2 years...

and the one I have now is giving me trouble, and I've only had it for about 5 months now.

I haven't seen this here yet, so here are the available alternate attires in the game...

Steve Austin:

1)black trunks

2)Stunner Inc shirt and shorts

3)Austin vest and shorts (No Way Out 2003)

Rock:

1)Blue Brahma Bull

2)Red Brahma Bull

3)Leather pants and vest

Triple H:

1)Purple trunks

2)Red trunks

3)Black trunks

RVD:

1)Black attire with Dragon

2)Grey SYM attire

3)Blue RVD attire

Kurt Angle:

1)Team Angle attire

2)Red SYM attire

Chris Jericho:

1)Green Tights

2)WMXIX Pay Per View tights

3)SYM Pink tights and jacket

Chris Benoit:

1)Blue current attire

2)Black current attire

Undertaker:

1)tank top and leather pants

2)pain syndicate shirt and leather pants

Eric Bishoff:

1)Kung Fu Attire

2)Jacket and black pants

Vince McMahon:

1)Wrestling Attire

2)Buisness Suit

Stephanie McMahon:

1)Wrestling attire

2)GM attire

Edge:

1)purple tights

2)blue tights

Big Show:

1)one shoulder singlet

2)two shoulder singlet

HBK:

1)red current tights

2)brown tights (Survivor Series 2002)

3)All Things Possible t-shirt and jeans

Rico:

1)tiger pants

2)tiger suit

Kane:

1)mask off

2)mask on

Ric Flair:

1)red trunks

2)blue trunks

3)black trunks

...I just found that, hadn't seen it here, so there you go.

Just unlocked DiBiase and now I can safely say that the legends thing fucking sucks. They give everyone the same stupid intro with NO FUCKING MUSIC AT ALL WHEN THERE IS NO WAY THEY DON'T HAVE DIBIASE'S MUSIC LISCENSED. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As soon as I get home and get my homework done, I 'm finishing my season as KAne and unlcoking Superfly, the last legend.

Who should I play through the third time? Old School Taker or Brock?

You know, this is the first game since, well, the first Smackdown that I've actually WANTED to play through the season mode as a regular wrestler and not a CAW. Sure, I did it twice for SYM, but only because I got bored with my CAW.

Because we all know that watching the entrances is much more fun than actually wrestling matches with the guys.

So, what makes this any different than a CAW already premade for you, then? It makes no sense to give Ted DiBiase, a guy whose music is INSTANTLY recognizable, no music whatsoever.

They have all of their trademark moves, attire, and everything else. There is no way that you'd be able to make all of the legends in this game with the CAW mode that is given to us to use.

Aside from the music and entrances, which I'm not happy about either mind you, all of them are perfect.