TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The one and only SummerSham 2003 Thread

Guest Ray
A-train vs. Taker is an abomination of a match to be put on PPV because not only will it be crap, they haven't had any buildup and it's only on there because Taker wants to be on the PPV.

I honestly don't think that match will be unwatchable.

They had a decent match on Smackdown a few months ago, if I recall correctly.

And there is a good case for Taker being on the PPV.....he is still over, you know.

Linda does have those Large Mature Breasts ya know...

I never really noticed until Eric pointed it out...

Matt Hardy deserves to be on the PPV, so they should just add a Rey/Kidman vs. Matt/Shannon #1 contender's match for the Tag Team titles.

Damn it, I really don't want to order the show but they had to put Brock vs. Angle with the rest of this crap.

Simple solution to the MFers winning and getting a title shot after the turn would be to make it a 3-way match with the WGTT. Not saying that I like multi-man matches or the fact that there would be 3 on this card alone if this were added, but it gets all 5 of the biggest people we want on the card. Make Shane/Bischoff and Taker/A-Train short and this 3-way, the 4-way, the Elim chamber, and the WWE title matches can all go long. Kane/RVD is semi-long, Raw tag title is really short too.

Jason

And there is a good case for Taker being on the PPV.....he is still over, you know.

Yeah? So is Rey Misterio. So is Billy Kidman (at least in the feud he's currently in). So is the World's Greatest Tag Team. So is Matt Hardy. So is John Cena.

Almost all of the above are more over as either a face or heel.

And, A-Train is NOT over.

Jason

Worst: Im tempted to pick Taker-Train, but thats only if Taker doesn't fire. So I am going with Bischoff-McMahon

Best: US Title, and if not, WWE Championship (if Vince doesn't interfere)

Alright kiddies, what will be the WMOTN? MOTN?

Best: U.S. barely over the WWE title match, because the WWE title match will have McMahon-a-mania in the interference column.

Worst: I'll go with A-Train v. Undertaker just to be different, but both will suck very much. Oh, and so will the Raw title match.

Jason

Yeah? So is Rey Misterio. So is Billy Kidman (at least in the feud he's currently in). So is the World's Greatest Tag Team. So is Matt Hardy. So is John Cena.

Over? Yes. As over as Taker? Some of them maybe. More over? That's pushin' it.

Guest Ray

And, A-Train is NOT over.

Jason

Would you prefer to see Taker go over Mysterio or Kidman or Cena or Hardy?

Undertaker, like him or not, is still a top face, and is still protected by WWE.

Jobbing A-Train to him is better than jobbing someone else.

Over? Yes. As over as Taker? Some of them maybe. More over? That's pushin' it.

John Cena is more over (or at least tied) as a heel than the Undertaker as a face.

Rey Misterio is more over as a face than the Undertaker as a face, even with the crap treatment he has gotten with the cruiserweight belt.

Kidman isn't, but I said almost.

World's Greatest Tag Team is not quite as over, but pretty close.

Matt Hardy is so over it's scary. Undertaker is not.

Jason

Would you prefer to see Taker go over Mysterio or Kidman or Cena or Hardy?

Undertaker, like him or not, is still a top face, and is still protected by WWE.

Jobbing A-Train to him is better than jobbing someone else.

Out of those, I can see one thing that would make perfect sense here if UT has to be on the card.

Undertaker v. John Cena the rematch.

Why did they do it on Smackdown? Vince only knows.

Cena wins the rematch at SummerSlam from Vengeance.

There we go.

Jason

Edit: I'm going to bed, so I can't argue anymore (big move in day at college tomorrow). But I can argue in the morning if need be

I dunno. I constantly read reports about Undertaker out-popping most of the faces. He's usually in the top three. And I know for a fact that in the Kelowna Smackdown, he was scary over. I'm thinking that's the rule, and not the exception.

Guest Choken One

It's usually the Pop and the Finish...

I don't want this to became another stupid idiotic "Is taker over" thread but He's still over enough to get attention and he keeps them awake...

I dunno. I constantly read reports about Undertaker out-popping most of the faces. He's usually in the top three. And I know for a fact that in the Kelowna Smackdown, he was scary over. I'm thinking that's the rule, and not the exception.

OK, one more argument before bed. Undertaker can outpop all the faces very well. But remember that pops are not equal to money in any way. Hogan's outpoping everyone phase last year led to ratings dropping almost a full point and some crappy buyrates.

Undertaker is not as over as Matt Hardy. He may be over, but he isn't scary over. Not saying that Matt Hardy will draw money, but he is scary over. Undertaker isn't. Most of his matches are met with silence. Hardy's aren't. The true test of being over is how well you can keep the audience with you during the match.

All the guys I mentioned a couple posts ago can, and Undertaker can't.

Of course UT should be on the PPV. We wouldn't be having this argument if Shane/Bischoff and Resistance/Dudleyz weren't booked. But they are, and now we have to have the best possible Smackdown side we can. UT/A-Train is not it. Period.

Good night, see ya all in the morning.

Jason

Guest wwF1587

I cant believe on wwe.com the main page advertises McMahon/Bischoff... they really are that stupid... i hope tonights show gets one of the worst SS buyrates of them all.... but then they would blame jericho or something like that...

Am I the only one who thinks Randy Orton is winning the title tonight? He is the less likely of the 6 to win. Which is why I think it will happen. He's been getting a monster push and then he loss' to Goldberg this past Monday.

He's getting the big gold belt.

Am I the only one who thinks Randy Orton is winning the title tonight? He is the less likely of the 6 to win. Which is why I think it will happen. He's been getting a monster push and then he loss' to Goldberg this past Monday.

I don't think he is going to win but I wouldn't be surprised if he eliminated HHH, especially after making those comments about having HHH's back and that he is going to make sure that the belt stays with HHH last week.

Absolutely not. He is also my pick to win.

I'm curious to know how many folks plan on purchasing this ppv. I'm ordering it because, uh, well, I haven't seen a ppv since Judgment Day.

Pay? BWAHAHA!

*is going to see it for free on Monday*

Nope...I have a sneaky suspicion too.

I don't usually moan about people being held down or about the WWE's PPV quality going down. But this on paper sucks. And believe me, judging from the card or lack there of, if I had to pay for this...I wouldn't.

*smiles because he lives in Britain so gets this for free*

You all are silly, the Heat match will be

Hurricane & Trish vs. Stevie Night Heat & Victoria

The matches never make sense on Heats before PPV's unless they demote a match.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I can't wait to see Summerslam. I'm very positive about this PPV.

The World Tag Title match has had build-up that would make it seem like Hart Foundation vs. British Bulldogs, but the actual workrate would make it more on the lines of Godfather/D'lo Brown vs. Big Bossman/ Bull Buchanen. Worst match of the night.

Will Austin interfere in any of the matches tonight?

We may see something on Heat that has Vince saying that he will be the special guset ref for the WWE Title match. Nooo! I still think it will be great with or without Vince.

RVD may bust out some of his "Extreme" ECW stuff that he doesn't do nowadays, in his match against Kane. I can guess this from seeing the moves he has pulled off while trying to beat up Kane in the past few weeks. This could lead to a great match.

Who do I pick to win the EC Match? Triple H. I can just feel it, since he's had the belt for so long tat I've forgotten all about it. But, hey, maybe just maybe, Jericho will win. Its either Y2J or YJ Stinger. I feel that this match will be good.

Undertaker has had some pretty good matches with huge people. Tonight may be no exception.

Match of the night will be US Title match. Am I a lunatic? No! I'm right! Eddie Guerrero? Every match he's in is MOTN. Chris Benoit? If he were to be in any good matches on PPV this year, he would have had MOTN's at every PPV. I like Eddie better. Tajiri is excellent, and he was great in his tag matches with Eddie. He's not as good as he was in ECW, but I think we can say that for just about everybody. I'm very positive about Rhyno being a great wrestler.

Shane vs. Bischoff may be a suprisingly good hardcore match. But I'm only hoping. Still, I think the Holy Shit moment of the night will be in this match.

We could see Hardy coming out claiming he's so awesome, and he challenges someone, and out comes....

Guest God Junior

Is it too early to start begging/request that someone start a pool for the live feed? Or is there already a thread about it that I missed?

EDIT: Yep.