TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Korrosive

What was the most shocking good match ever?

Guest Coffey

Warrior kicked out of five Savage elbows. Then Savage kicked out of Warriors three clotheslines, gorilla press slam & back splash. It took another five shoulder spears by the Warrior to finally put Savage away.

Besides, after the match Savage got back with Elizabeth and turned face. Losing the match didn't hurt him at all. I know that he did WWF Raw commentary for awhile so...

Guest Dmann2000
Warrior kicked out of five Savage elbows. Then Savage kicked out of Warriors three clotheslines, gorilla press slam & back splash. It took another five shoulder spears by the Warrior to finally put Savage away.

Besides, after the match Savage got back with Elizabeth and turned face. Losing the match didn't hurt him at all. I know that he did WWF Raw commentary for awhile so...

He also happened to win another World title AFTER that match with Warrior...

Yeah I was about to say, losing didn't hurt Macho at all there considering he left with a huge pop and got his woman back. Besides, once he came back he started putting people away again with the elbow to re-establish it.

Thanks for that clarification, that make me want to REALLY see the match. I love when matches are booked to where two men kill eachother and it takes an incredible amount to put one down, but he loses clean.

(Brock/Angle SS03, Rock/Austin WMXIX)

Guest jm29195
I have the Coliseum Home Video of a match between Randy Savage and HBK (when HBK was heel with Sherri). It was right after Savage's title win at Mania and he is STILL selling the leg work that Flair did to him.

Good stuff.

EDIT: WWF World Tour is what it's called

I've seen that match, I thought it would be Savage dominating HBK after his wrestlemania victory but it was basically a HBK squash with Savage's only offensive move of note being his finishing elbow which he had to hop onto the top rope to get- he was selling helluva good!

I thought that Big Show-Undertaker from NWO 2003 was passable, not brilliant. I thought it was going to the worst match of the year

Guest Ray

Why do people continue to say HHH/Michaels was so good?

I do not understand the praise that garbage match gets at all...

Aside from some of those listed on here - Test vs. Shane McMahon from SummerSlam 1999 really shocked me, mainly because neither had even had a good match before then.

yeah, I was suprised, pity Test hasn't had a good match AFTER then either :boxing:

Guest EternallyLazy
Why do people continue to say HHH/Michaels was so good?

I do not understand the praise that garbage match gets at all...

Did you see it live??

It's not as great now, if you watch it a second time knowing how everything turned out... but this was Shawn's first match back, and most around here predicted that he wouldn't even take a bump, and not only did he bump his ass off, he also took some really nasty bumps... it was shocking to witness because no one saw that coming

oh yeah and it told a good story which is really what it's all about

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but my vote for Best-All-Time-Match-That-Was-Supposed-To-Be-A-Steaming-Pile-Of-Horseshit goes to Lex Luger v. Dan Spivey from WCW WrestleWar 91. An absolutely incredible performance from two guys who are normally slugs or, to put it nicely, hosses.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

I liked the six man tag from Summerslam '93 that had Bam Bam Bigelow & The Headshrinkers going up against Tatanka & The Smokin Gunns. None of those guys in the match seemed capable of putting on anything special, but I think this match hit atleast ***.

Savage/Warrior. Savage hadn't been very good since Wrestlemania V, and was coming of a wrist/hand injury that kept him out since the Royal Rumble. He certainly wasn't the man he used to be. Warrior is Warrior, no explanations needed. Yet, this approaches ***** and is the second best WWF match of the Hogan-era to Savage/Steamboat. Shocked the hell out of me.

Savage/Warrior. Savage hadn't been very good since Wrestlemania V, and was coming of a wrist/hand injury that kept him out since the Royal Rumble. He certainly wasn't the man he used to be. Warrior is Warrior, no explanations needed. Yet, this approaches ***** and is the second best WWF match of the Hogan-era to Savage/Steamboat. Shocked the hell out of me.

No kidding. To be fair, Savage's opponents since dropping the belt weren't really the best guys to get a good match out of (Hogan and Beefcake, tagging with Zeus, Duggan, Big Dust). But this remains one of my three favourite WWF matches ever to this day. It was inexplicable. How they did it I'll never know.

Justin Credible/Billy Gunn - Damn good match on heat that supprised the SHIT out of me.

Billy Gun/Crash Holly - See above.

HHH/Rikishi - This match was the SHIT. They had the crowd eating out of their hand and HHH's 2.9999999999999 kick outs were PERFECT

Val Venis/Rikishi - Any of these matches. A fued that was eh on paper but hot as hell in the ring.

Rock/Rhyno - GREAT match from Raw during the Invasion. GREAT match. All I has seen Rhyno do before this was Gore people in ECW, and they absolutely blew the roof off with this one. **** event.

Rock/Test - Yeah...Rock did it.

Rock/Brock- Brock hadn't had a good match yet and Rock was up to the challenge. The way he fed the crowd with his subtle heel mannerism after they started cheering Brock was great

Rock/Austin - Not the first one, the broke down neck Austin one. I knew Austin was hurt and thought the match would be shit, but it wasn't

Rock/Hogan - Wow...starting to be a theme here. I enjoyed the match despite it being old ass Hogan.

RVD/Jeff Hardy - if you ever watch that Invasion match, it had no blown spots, good pacing and good *gasp* mat work at the beganing of the match.

Savage/Warrior.  Savage hadn't been very good since Wrestlemania V, and was coming of a wrist/hand injury that kept him out since the Royal Rumble.  He certainly wasn't the man he used to be.  Warrior is Warrior, no explanations needed.  Yet, this approaches ***** and is the second best WWF match of the Hogan-era to Savage/Steamboat.  Shocked the hell out of me.

No kidding. To be fair, Savage's opponents since dropping the belt weren't really the best guys to get a good match out of (Hogan and Beefcake, tagging with Zeus, Duggan, Big Dust). But this remains one of my three favourite WWF matches ever to this day. It was inexplicable. How they did it I'll never know.

Even more shocking, after the 9 month layoff, Savage was AWESOME when he returned despite both his life and body falling apart at pretty much the same time.

From what I've been led to beleive for the past two years, Albert's IC title win over Kane ended up being a great match when even WWE figured it shouldn't belong on PPV. However, I was on vacation at the time and the power went out at home, so I missed that SmackDown as well as the legendary Buff Bagwell vs Booker T Raw.

From what I've seen myself, Trish vs Stephanie at No Way Out, Lita vs Stephanie when Lita won the title, any Albert vs Benoit match on SmackDown this year (especially the one where Train busted out a variation of the Muscle Buster), the Big Show / Lesnar series, and the next two matches I'll probably get shot for mentioning...

Hogan vs Vince at Mania and HHH vs Nash at Bad Blood.

Brock/Hogan. Not a good match, but if you don't slip into fits of evil laughter at brock laughing off the lockup of death, or shrugging off three hulk-ups, I bid thee farewell. The first sign of brock being something special.

Guest MikeSC

I'll pick a match that wasn't supposed to be bad, but was MUCH better than I anticipated --- and that would be the Rock v HHH Ironman match. The match didn't drag and they simply worked a very fun match. Who cares if there were a ton of decisions? It was still a shockingly good match.

-=Mike

Brock/Hogan. Not a good match, but if you don't slip into fits of evil laughter at brock laughing off the lockup of death, or shrugging off three hulk-ups, I bid thee farewell. The first sign of brock being something special.

Add to the fact that Brock powerbombed the shit out of hogan (who hadn't taken a nice flat back bump in years, if ever), and that match was outstanding. I'm going to go watch it now.

From what I've been led to beleive for the past two years, Albert's IC title win over Kane ended up being a great match when even WWE figured it shouldn't belong on PPV.

The famed ***+ match was won by Kane and occurred on Smackdown before KOTR 2001. Many people thought that it was originally scheduled for the PPV itself. The actual title switch was another, inferior match that took place after the PPV.

That match was plagues by a lot of X-Factor interference if I am not mistaken. I don't openly recall MISSING that famed match, but I don't really outright remember seeing and/or liking it back then. I'll probably try to run across that one.

Guest HHH's 'Roid Needle

You're all overlooking "The Greatest Match Ever That Was Supposed To Suck".

Undertaker/Kane vs. Kronik.

I've never been more entertained in my life. Best. Match. Ever.

Guest thrall585

>Even more shocking, after the 9 month layoff, Savage was AWESOME when he returned despite both his life and body falling apart at pretty much the same time.

What was wrong with his body?