TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

This week's TNA newsletter

TNA for the Ethical Treatment of Wrestling Fans

TNA hereby calls for a halt to the cruel procedure of incinerating professional wrestlers on live television.

If you have witnessed such an occurrence, be sure to watch TNA this Wednesday night to fully recover your sensibility as quickly as possible.

Wednesday night on Total Nonstop Action Wrestling..

Will Raven's destiny finally be fulfilled...

or will AJ Styles path to superstardom continue uninterrupted?

AJ STYLES vs RAVEN

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

This and much more.. Wednesday, August 27th on TNA

Live on Pay-Per-View at 8pm ET/5pm PT!

An exclusive message from X Division Champion

MICHAEL SHANE

with his exclusive comments on last week's Ultimate X Match, Shawn Michaels, and more!

Dear TNA fans,

Last Wednesday I was honored to be in the first ever Ultimate X match. It is a different feeling from any other match I have been in. It's not like this has been done before and you can study what other guys have done in the past. This was a first and in the wrestling business, there are not many firsts anymore. Chris Sabin, Frankie Kazarian and myself poured our hearts and souls into this match in which absolutely nothing was practiced. Frankie and Chris are true professionals and I can not wait to wrestle either one of them again.

The most memorable moment for me in this match was the pure electricity that went through the Asylum when I got the belt. The place was rocking. I can only hope that there are more Ultimate X matches in the future.

I've gotten a lot of questions about my background in this business. I started training in October of 1999 at the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy in San Antonio, TX. Training with Shawn I quickly found out that this business was not a joke and that I would have to work extra hard to even attempt to impress Shawn. He was tough as nails and he didn't let up one bit on me just because we were related.

After training I wrestled for Shawn's local promotion the Texas Wrestling Alliance. After only 4 months in the business, I got the opportunity to learn more about the wrestling business over seas with FMW in Japan. After a month tour I returned to the states and got a try out with ECW. I must have caught the eye of someone there because I was asked to travel with ECW on a weekly basis. The only exception was that I had to drive halfway across the United States every week. I was driving from San Antonio to places like Philadelphia, New York, Florida, and Canada. This my friends is what you call paying your dues.

After the demise of ECW I got a tryout with WCW in a match that aired on WCW Worldwide, but unfortunately for me WCW was sold to the WWE about a week later. I have worked for WWE on numerous occassions and recently I have been working tours with the Japan based promotion Zero-One Pro Wrestling.

This brings us to the present.. TNA. I am very happy to be working for TNA and after winning the X Division Title in the first ever Ultimate X match, all I can say is, the best is yet to come.

This Wednesday, I'll go face to face with Jerry Lynn. Jerry is an extremely talented competitor and I cannot wait to get into the ring with him again. Jerry is one of those guys that brings out the best in everybody and I am looking forward to an incredible match with him. Jerry is a veteran in this business so if I am to walk out of the Asylum holding the X Division Title at the end of the night, I am going to have to really take things to the next level.

I'll leave you with this - if you miss TNA this Wednesday, you're going to miss at least one helluva match - Michael Shane vs. Jerry Lynn - for the X Division Championship.

Sincerely,

Michael Shane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday night on...

A night of commercial-free WRESTLING for only $9.95!

AJ STYLES VS RAVEN

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

AJ Styles puts his NWA World Heavyweight Title on the line against his toughest challenger to date... Raven. These two have met before, and Raven proved he could beat Styles in a #1 Contender Ladder Match earlier this year. This time Raven is going for the gold, and earned the title shot with his win in last week's Lucky 13 Gauntlet Match.

THE AMERICAN DREAM DUSTY RHODES VS GLENN GILBERTI

BULLROPE MATCH

Nobody has competed in more Bullrope matches than The American Dream Dusty Rhodes, and he's in another one this week against Glenn Gilberti, who has been claiming to be the master of the Bullrope. Gilberti has been known to let his mouth get him in trouble before, and he's probably done it again this time!

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED VS SIMON DIAMOND & JOHNNY SWINGER

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

After defeating AMW last week in a non-title match, Diamond & Swinger are going into this title match with the confidence that they can beat Harris & Storm. The feud between these two teams has gone on for several weeks and with the titles on the line this match should be another great one.

MICHAEL SHANE VS JERRY LYNN

X TITLE MATCH

Michael Shane defends his newly won X Title against one of the men who put the X Division on the map last year, Jerry Lynn. Director of Authority Erik Watts has awarded Lynn the title shot despite the recent problems Lynn has had with Don Callis, and believes it's only fair that Lynn get a shot at the title he helped make so special.

D-LO BROWN VS SONNY SIAKI

Sonny Siaki tried (and failed) to bury D-LO Brown's career last week. This week, D-LO will be looking to shut Siaki up once and for all.

SANDMAN VS ABYSS

These two had quite an exchange during last week's Gauntlet match, and will be facing each other this time in a one on one matchup.

3 LIVE KREW VS SHANE DOUGLAS & THE NEW CHURCH (with James Mitchell)

Douglas & The New Church have been on quite a rampage lately. 3 Live Krew has been impressive lately and definitely has the support of fans in the Asylum. This six man tag match looks to be an entertaining one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark your calendar...

September 10th, 2003

Cable Customers

TNA FOR ONE CENT!

Experience TNA for only ONE CENT on your Cable Television Pay-Per-View Provider in the U.S. and Canada! This will be your chance to relive the recent history of TNA to see what you've been missing! Watch matches including Jeff Jarrett and Sting teaming up against Sean Waltman and AJ Styles, the world-renowned cage match between XXX and America's Most Wanted, and much more! One week only - TNA for a penny! SPREAD THE WORD!

DIRECTV Customers

DVD Preview: Best of TNA's World Title Matches

On September 10th, DIRECTV customers have access to an exclusive preview of TNA Wrestling's upcoming DVD release, "Best of TNA's World Title Matches" for the low price of $9.95. The NWA World Heavyweight Championship and Tag Team Championship are two of the most prestigious wrestling titles in the world. On this special 2-hour DVD preview, experience past and present TNA superstars including AJ Styles, Jeff Jarrett, America's Most Wanted, Raven, Ken Shamrock, and others battling it out for the NWA championship gold! Just $9.95 on DIRECTV!

Both of these specials.. on September 10th at 8pm ET/5pm PT with multiple replays!

Check your program guide for details.

Thanks for supporting TNA!

WEDNESDAY NIGHT ON PAY-PER-VIEW! 8pm ET/5pm PT!

AJ vs Raven.. Shane vs. Lynn.. WOW!

www.nwatna.com

10 bucks say they all end in screwjob finishes.

Seriously though, that looks pretty good...I'll consider buying it.

I just did sign up for the newsletter yesterday and am very impressed by the letter. I like how they let Michael Shane talk out of character in the interview, pretty insightful stuff. I'm definitely ordering the show this Wednesday, A.J. Styles vs. Raven and Michael Shane vs. Jerry Lynn are reason enough.

TNA hereby calls for a halt to the cruel procedure of having Vince Russo on live television.

If you have witnessed such an occurrence, be sure not to watch TNA this Wednesday night to fully recover your sensibility as quickly as possible

Guest JacK

Yeah, I'm getting mighty sick of him being screwed out of everything, each and every week. It's starting to get repetitive and annoying. But I like Styles, and I hope he can keep it, without the interference of any ex-ECW guys, as has happened every other time Raven's gone for anything.

TNA hereby calls for a halt to the cruel procedure of incinerating professional wrestlers on live television.

If you have witnessed such an occurrence

09.jpg

*Collapses laughing at TNA doing the "Pot. Kettle. Black" thing again.*

Well, Mitchell hasn't used a fireball in like a month... right? Yeah, I've got nothing.

Oh, and the AJ vs. Raven finish is really predictable. Raven gets advantage, goes for Evenflow, lights go out, Mystery Man attacks, Styles pins, and then the Mystery Man reveals himself.

I mean, are there any HUGE SURPRISE MAIN EVENT guys left to debut that they could possibly feud with Raven over the World Title? Styles is going to hold the belt until Triple J wins it back, because that's what the Jarrett/Team Styles storyline is building to. Whether Jarrett is over enough to be doing this feud is questionable, though.

I never care about the finish of matches, as long as the wrestling is good the finish can suck for all I care. Styles and Raven have already had a really good match, hopefully we'll see some of the same tonight.