TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Goldberg Gets Storyline Changed

One of the storylines that was changed before the show at Monday's Raw concerned Bill Goldberg. He was actually booked to come out and destroy Test but Goldberg reportedly told the creative team that it made no sense to have him do so and said that he had to sell the beating that he took the night before at the PPV. So, the compromise was made that he would sell the beating a little bit and the Test match was scrapped.. I have to give credit to Goldberg for looking at the big picture on that one. The thinking in the locker room is that the company wanted to make Goldberg seem like a monster for his upcoming match with HHH so they booked him to not be affected at all by the hammer shots.

1wrestling.com

Guest Loss

This was probably a good move in building to the rematch. As for destroying Test, you can't exactly kill someone already dead.

Guest Coffey

I guess that explains why Test wasn't on Raw last night despite his storyline involvement with Stacy & Steiner...

A smart move. Another nice touch was showing the footage of them helping him to the back after the chamber match. I like many, did not see the ppv, so to see him all bloodied and being helped to the back was a good setup and a furthering of the fued.

Guest Goodear

I don't know if you can call getting hit in the face with a sledgehammer a foolish finish. Poorly executed? Indeed. Foolish? Not so much.

Guest wildpegasus

A good idea for Goldberg to sell the hammer shots because theoretically he should be dead from all those maul hits right now. The maul has to go as it just may be the most unrealistic thing in wrestling ever.

Guest Choken One

Goldberg learned that the title chase is better if you give the face Insurmountable odds to beat...makes the title win much sweeter.

In other news...

It took Goldberg and the rest of the locker room to prevent HHH from coming out and destroying RVD and many other stars just to prove he could.

As a compromise...RVD was kept off of RAW and HHH only laid a verbal burial on all.

Goldberg learned that the title chase is better if you give the face Insurmountable odds to beat...makes the title win much sweeter.

Right.

Except the only time Goldberg drew money was when they used him the exact opposite of that.

Guest Choken One

True...But In just about every other case...The long hard title chase has been a great to good to decent money maker and tends to do best storyline wise...

I agree completely.

It's just that people don't want to see that with Goldberg.

In fact...during the chamber when he killed everyone...that was about the only time people really were off the hook for him.

Good thing the booking put a stop to that.

Methinks the deeper truth is that F.G.B. didn't want to sully his image by appearing anywhere near a midcarder plebe like Test. Not that I blame him, of course, but I'm not gonna paint him a locker room hero for having common sense.

Not that I blame him, of course, but I'm not gonna paint him a locker room hero for having common sense.

At least someone on RAW is showing common sense. I do agree with you that GB shouldn't be now looked over as a hero.

In other news...

It took Goldberg and the rest of the locker room to prevent HHH from coming out and destroying RVD and many other stars just to prove he could.

As a compromise...RVD was kept off of RAW and HHH only laid a verbal burial on all.

That's not true! He didn't verbally bury Jericho!

Yet.

Guest Choken One

Exactly...I'm glad they didn't paint him with the "I GOT SCREWED" tag and GB just went out there and "That title belongs to me, boy"...

It was refreashing to see a face NOT cry out foul as it's seems to more common these days...

Goldberg always was best as the Lone Wolf Outsider...Not the good people's champion guy

Exactly...I'm glad they didn't paint him with the "I GOT SCREWED" tag and GB just went out there and "That title belongs to me, boy"...

It was refreashing to see a face NOT cry out foul as it's seems to more common these days...

Goldberg always was best as the Lone Wolf Outsider...Not the good people's champion guy

But what the fuck is with the pattern of having a title shot then wrestling Test the next week?

Guest Choken One

Uh No...I'd rather HHH keep the title.

Goldberg treats wrestling like a joke

Guest Trivia247

well lets not elect him to jesus just yet

if its true then Goldberg is showing Some SIGNS of respect for the business that is paying him Millions

lets see where this goes.

Goldberg has shown nothing, but respect for WWE since joining, except for the fight he got in with Jericho. I don't get the Goldberg hate. He is over, he has been selling offense from everybody he faces, he has put the stupid wig on his head when asked, and he has shown that he is willing to job. He was willing to go to Australia on short notice even though he didn't have to, but he couldn't get a passport in time. Goldberg hate is dumb.

Guest Choken One

No it's not...The guy has 4 year track history of disrespect.

Recently on Jimmy Kimmel he said "I wrestle in my underwear" which is a negative stereotype

Guest Choken One

No it's not...The guy has 4 year track history of disrespect.

Recently on Jimmy Kimmel he said "I wrestle in my underwear" which is a negative stereotype

Guest Polish_Rifle

They have more or less built Test up the last few months to the point where some casual fans might actually care about him and they were going to have him squashed just to give HHH a credible and worthy opponent for the next PPV? :huh:

Guest Adrian 3:16
Uh No...I'd rather HHH keep the title.

Goldberg treats wrestling like a joke

See, this is one thing I'll never understand...

So Goldberg treats his job like a joke... and? Does that really affect us the viewers one way or another? As long as he provides entertainment I really don't care what his backstage attitude is, just like at the bar I work at the people are probably more concerned about getting their drinks than how much fun I maybe having.

And HHH goes a step farther than Goldberg and treats it like his own personal playground- which does affect us watching it. So which is really worse at the end of the day?

Guest Coffey

Negative stereotype or not it's the fucking truth. Yeah, the truth hurts sometime, but people will always look at it in this way. That's part of the reason why the business is laughed at by people in legitimate sports.

Because boxers don't box in boxer shorts or anything...

lol. Good point there Corey,

personally though I don't care who they put the belt on aslong as it is off HHHitler