TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

Hollywood Tells Hunter: You're No Austin or Rock

Guest The Rising Star

He and HBK were on Pacific Blue, remember?

Rob Van Dam in City Guys... such a great wrestler in such a bad TV-series.

Kevin Sullivan on Baywatch...such a bad wrestler in such a great TV-series. I think Newmie could beat the living snot out of Sullivan!

Guest Askewniverse
RVD has also been in Black Mask 2 and a couple HBO movies (a can't remember the names).

Bloodmoon

Superfights

Guest Askewniverse

Undertaker was in Suburban Commando.

Big Show was in The Waterboy.

Jesse Ventura was in Predator, The Running Man, and Demolition Man.

Guest Coffey

Ventura was in Demolition Man?

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember he was one of the criminal cronies.

Have any other wrestlers besides The Rock and Big Show been in hit box office movies? Rock was in "The Mummy Returns" and "The Scorpion King" and Big Show was in "Waterboy", but anyone else because "Highlander: Endgame" and "Universal Soilder 2: The Return" bombed.

Have any other wrestlers besides The Rock and Big Show been in hit box office movies? Rock was in "The Mummy Returns" and "The Scorpion King" and Big Show was in "Waterboy", but anyone else because "Highlander: Endgame" and "Universal Soilder 2: The Return" bombed.

Thunderlips, brother!

Big Show was also in Jingle All the Way--uh, was that a hit? ;)

Guest Choken One

Guess SOMEONE forgot The Princess Bride...

Funk did Road House and that HAD to be profitable hit...It couldn't cost more then $10,00 to make that movie...

If Zeus Counts...You got 5th Element, Friday, Next Friday in his corner...

Ventura also did Major Leauge 2 and Batman and Robin

Just for all you RVD fans, here's a list of all the TV stuff he's done (from his website, because I'm too lazy to sumarize):

In the Spring of 1999, after moving out to Los Angeles from Orlando, Rob Van Dam gained a guest-starring spot on NBC's Saturday morning teen sitcom, City Guys. RVD played himself in the show and teamed with El-Train, a regular on the series, to benefit a local organization. The show aired on October 23, 1999 and, as usual, garnered a new nickname for Rob Van Dam. He was labelled Mr. NBC.

On May 7, 2000, Rob Van Dam played the opponent of Bert Zupanic on the mega-popular prime time FOX series, The X-Files. Besides wrestling onscreen, Van Dam was the fight scene choreographer, a job which he greatly honoured. Only the most dedicated of RVD's fans know that Mr. Monday Night is bilingual. Because Rob speaks Spanish fluently, he was a shoe-in for the part of a high-risk wrestler in a commercial for a local L.A. law firm on Spanish networks.

RVD's biggest television role came on August 2nd of 2000 when he played Rob Larramie on TNN's 18 Wheels of Justice. Larramie, a gang member from Texas who robbed banks and cars for good causes, ends up being killed by the paranoid group leader. Van Dam was on screen throughout the hour and was extremely impressive with his Texan drawl.

Two months later Rob appeared on the highest rated syndicated program in the nation, V.I.P.. Playing the lead heel in the episode entitled "Danger Island," Major Ving Talbot (RVD) sought revenge on Pamela Anderson and company as they roamed a mysterious jungle on the set of a reality based TV show.

Shortly after his return to the World Wrestling Federation, Rob also resurrected his Mr. NBC moniker, appearing in the prime-time smash SpyTV. In the July 26 instalment of the edgy, hidden-camera series, Rob Van Dam dealt out pranks on wannabes that show up for a ridiculous professional wrestling audition.

In April 2002 Rob also shot the 7-Eleven commercial for his own slurpee filled cup. RVD filmed two commercials that began airing on April 12002.

"Basically, I walk into 7-Eleven being Rob Van Dam," said RVD, describing the basic premise of the line of commercials. "Of course, that gets over -- hell, I'm Rob Van Dam. There's four different cups in total, so I'm really pushing the fact that everyone should have the RVD cup."

Guest Choken One

I just naming movies that people were in...

I didn't say those movies were an Hit

Guess SOMEONE forgot The Princess Bride...

Funk did Road House and that HAD to be profitable hit...It couldn't cost more then $10,00 to make that movie...

If Zeus Counts...You got 5th Element, Friday, Next Friday in his corner...

Ventura also did Major Leauge 2 and Batman and Robin

I forgot Princess Bride--*slaps head* That's doubly embarrassing because I borrowed No Mercy from a bud and unlocked Andre yesterday.

Didn't know Zeus was in the Fifth Element, but he's not really a wrestler, he's just an actor who "wrestled" a few times.

Batman and Robin also had the Ultimate Solution himself--Jeep Swenson--as Bane! Although he shouldn't really count either.

Don't forget the wrestler who paved the way for wrestlers in movies--Tor Johnson! Never was in a "hit" movie; he was in plenty of shit movies, though.

Anyone mentioned Piper? Hell Comes to Frogtown and They Live! Not sure if those are hits but they're cult classics I think--at least the latter.

Anyone mentioned Piper? Hell Comes to Frogtown and They Live! Not sure if those are hits but they're cult classics I think--at least the latter

Piper was a villain on an episode of Highlander the TV series. But unlike Edge, Piper lost his head.

Guest wildpegasus

Dudes, wasn't Terry Funk or someone an arm wrestler in Over The Top

Funk was the guy who got thrown through the door by Stallone. As for the armwrestlers Scott Norton who I believe is a former world champion (correct me if I'm wrong) and Reggie Bennett were armwrestling during the movie.

Guest Steel_Fury

Piper was also in "They".

As well as many B grade movies like, my favorite, "Hell Comes to Frog Town."

P.S.

I think Stephanie could play a credible, dead hooker. :D

Don't forget the wrestler who paved the way for wrestlers in movies--Tor Johnson! Never was in a "hit" movie; he was in plenty of shit movies, though.

And, as an extension of that, George "The Animal" Steele played Tor Johnson in "Ed Wood."

Piper was also in "They".

As well as many B grade movies like, my favorite, "Hell Comes to Frog Town."

Both movies were mentioned already, and the title is They Live.

And that movie is known for sporting one of, if not the longest continuous fight scenes in cinema history. And the funny thing is: Keith David, the burly black man opposite Piper, was trained at Julliard as a Shakespearean actor, before trolling around the B-movie scene and getting bit parts in movies like Platoon and The Pirates of Penzance.

Edited by notJames