TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markingout

Teddy Hart is great

Spotfests...no-selling...lack of pacing and psychology = shitty wrestling. Yep.

Had you read the preview- you would've known that the whole show was going to be a spotfest exhibition. The matches all sounded like they were fun to watch and a new star was made in Teddy Hart. But since Ray expected Ring of Honor or something that means shitty show.

When the in-ring product they focus on is shit, then yes.

I'd hate to see what happens if you watched a regular episode of TNA.

When someone claims Angle is great, or the best, or he carries everyone, I'm going to point out that they're wrong.

Angle IS great. I don't think he carries everyone but he is the guy who got great matches out of Kane and Taker.

He isn't the best ever. Benoit is better. Benoit being better does not make it impossible to like Angle.

Some people would rather watch an Angle match. Some a Benoit match- I think we've established that you can't like both.

People can like him all they want. People can LOVE him if they want. Just don't tell me he's the best WRESTLER ever. Don't tell me he's perfect. Don't tell me he's a great seller, because he ISN'T

I haven't seen anyone say he's the best wrestler ever or that he's "perfect." I will say that Angle is one of my favourites and has put on many matches that I've enjoyed.

When discussing IN RING SKILL, it is.

But some people may enjoy watching Angle more because he entertains them overall.

No and no. I didn't even know who was on the roster, aside from Jarrett and Styles.

How does any of that make the wrestling NOT shitty?

Then you're an idiot Ray. You could've easily found out what you were getting, not "wasted" your $10 and then not come here and commence bitching, A lot of TNA is storyline based and from my experience- knowing the storylines makes the matches a lot better. The fact that there were previews and spoilers RIGHT THERE for you to figure out exactly what kind of show you're gonna get makes me wonder about you

Guest BionicRedneck
Had you read the preview- you would've known that the whole show was going to be a spotfest exhibition

So, Ray was right? It was a shitty spotfest show with no-selling and bad pacing?

Guest Indikator

Could it be that Ray prefers any NWA-TNA main event of their first year (Shitty ex-WWF wrestlers wrestling a rather boring NA main event) than a X division match?

And can anybody explain to me why my first Jumbo match was on a Abby compilation and Jumbo just sucked as all he did was to do a kick about 300 times? Later on I got to know the good Jumbo, but I still cannot forget that abysmal match from ca. 1976

Guest The Real Nosferatu

It was for arguments sake about the japanese stuff.

I have a few tapes, but I won't go out of my way to buy unless in a rear situation.

Guest Ray
Had you read the preview- you would've known that the whole show was going to be a spotfest exhibition.

You just proved my point. It was all spotfest.

The matches all sounded like they were fun to watch and a new star was made in Teddy Hart.

They weren't "fun" to me. I was bored by them.

But since Ray expected Ring of Honor or something that means shitty show.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said I expected it to be "Ring Of Honor." I don't even watch ROH. I had no expectations at all. I turned on a wrestling show and saw BAD WRESTLING.

GET IT? :bonk:

Some people would rather watch an Angle match. Some a Benoit match-

Still can't get it through your head I see. You still can't comprehend the difference between LIKE and GOOD.

I think we've established that you can't like both.

No, we've established that you can't get anything through your head.

I haven't seen anyone say he's the best wrestler ever or that he's "perfect."

Then you haven't been paying attention. Angle is called that all over the internet.

But some people may enjoy watching Angle more because he entertains them overall.

And you still can't get the point. No matter why much one enjoys a wrestler, it does not make him a better WRESTLER.

Then you're an idiot Ray.

Why thank you Bob, you just keep making yourself look worse.

You could've easily found out what you were getting, not "wasted" your $10 and then not come here and commence bitching

Even if I knew it was crap...it would still be crap.

I guess negative opinions on TNA aren't allowed, right?

A lot of TNA is storyline based and from my experience- knowing the storylines makes the matches a lot better. The fact that there were previews and spoilers RIGHT THERE for you to figure out exactly what kind of show you're gonna get makes me wonder about you

I stopped wondering about you a while ago. It's obvious that you can't, or won't get the point.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Barron is the MOST negatvie guy to TNA on this bored! In some of the WWE topics, he tears it new assholes.

When BB can call TNA great, then it really is.

EDIT: Damn, I mis-spelled BOARD. (Disserves swift kick in the nads)

Edited by Raven1919

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Whoops sorry.

No, I don't think he did the corner speed bump Bret does.

He may do it, but he didn't in TNA.

Guest JacK

Hey yo all ignored me about, well the Hart Attack and, well; ya know TEDDY HART and all, ya know.

And yeah, wow, Bob Barron(!) of all people positive about TNA, it must've been pretty damn good! I mean, wow!

Or maybe he's just trying to defend his position as number one TNA disliker, by, well; not-disliking them . . . trippy!

Good Lord.

Now that Im at college I can't order PPVs, so I have to wait to get my tape, and just today watched this past week's show. I loved it, totally fun show as the streak continues.

Some people need to stop being so anal and just enjoy themselves. There's a big difference between bitching about WWE not featuring any wrestling and making us watch illogical soap opera featuring announcers and magical fires, and bitching that the matches weren't slow enough for your liking. It was a thouroughly entertaining show and anyone who didn't enjoy themselves because of nitpicking that there were too many spots is truly jaded beyond repair and can't consider themselves a fan anymore, but instead just a curmudgeon that watches out of habbit (which is whats happened to many of us on Mondays).

Anyway as for Teddy Hart, I like what I see. He's obviously an insanely talented athelete, and he showed glimpses of good mat skills and selling, but because of the trainwreck style of the show he was working under a highspot style and did a good job. It's quite ironic that his attitude is comparable to Shawn Michaels.

Sabin and Juvy totally were stars here too. I'd say they held the matches together. Sabin we all know rules the world but Juvy has returned it seems. TNA needs to work out a deal to keep him around.

About Wargames: You can't expect traditional wargames. In fact it wasn't advertised as such. It was a cage match dubbed "Wednesday Bloody Wednesday" with "elements of wargames and clockwork orange" and thats what it was. For financial and space reasons there's no way TNA could have had 2 rings and a super large cage. The building is miniscule as it is and it would be a huge chunk out of their already frugal pocketbook. So they made the best of what they had. It was a decent chaotic brawl, they tried to keep it more than punch and kick with the inclusion of weapons.

I'm gonna skip over the rest of the nonsense in this thread, but I'll say Kurt Angle rules and is one of the few things that makes Smackdown (and WWE) watchable.

Too bad it will be harder for me to watch TNA regularly because they are truly coming into their own. Your Competition Has Arrived.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

I can't seem to find any pictures of Teddy Hart in his attire on TNA, let alone a few at all. Nor a site listing his height and weight. Stampede's site removed his bio and screwed me over... the center of the universe, google, has failed me =P

Where can I find shots of him from the tourney and what's his height/weight?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Hail Sabin!!

Whoops, was looking at the pic in your sig.

Teddy Hart still rules. His look though is....quite odd.

Where can I find shots of him from the tourney and what's his height/weight?

According to archive.org's old copies of the Stampede site, 5'10/190.

Kid isn't bad, but isn't awesome or anything either. A first step to improvement would be finding wrestling gear that doesn't look like you're wearing tinfoil.

From Tenay's column:

NWA/TNA is the best wrestling since ECW and I believe it has even outshined their glory days. I was impressed with young Teddy Hart and I was wondering if TNA has plans to bring him on the show as a regular?

ANSWER: Yes, you can look for the eventual return of Teddy Hart to TNA's X Division.

So maybe they do recognize how much people want to see him again...and they will look the other way on his attitude.

Guest JacK

Yeah, Teddy Hart's comin back . . . hopefully on an Aussie-seen PPV . . . *HINT* *HINT*

And that silver stuff looks MAD! Fuckin awesome . . . I LOVE shiny clothes, I have no friggin idea why, but; hey, I do.

Guest Stevie Franchise

Teddy is now becoming a regular at Ring Of Honor, but I don't think he will be at any of the October shows though.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Teddy is now becoming a regular at Ring Of Honor, but I don't think he will be at any of the October shows though.

Damn, that would've been great if he was. Then I'd get to see him wrestle live, visually catch all his mannerisms and make a better CAW =P

Stevie, did you say that after it was announced Teddy Hart would be at the Rochester, NY show? If so, why?

Edited by Danny Williams

Is someone calling Angle a bad wrestler ?

Did someone notice that guy earlier ignoring what Barron said about Angle taking Kane to a great match.

You're right, Angle can't work a good wrestling match for 20 mins and work untill the Angle Lock and keep the psychology going.

Chris Benoit USED to be better, but most of his matches these days have turned into shopfests unless he is in the ring with an actual good wrestler like Angle and Eddy.

Hail Sabin!!

Whoops, was looking at the pic in your sig.

Teddy Hart still rules. His look though is....quite odd.

Yeah, I know. I heard he's a hart so I kind of expected a guy who just looked like a straight-up wrestler and when I saw the guy I wondered if Hart couldn't make it so they brought in a Special K guy instead...