TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boo_Bradley

Semi Confirmed Flair DVD Matches

Guest Deviant

And do you really want to let people know that six of his title reigns were under two months, with two of them being less than a week? Well, I guess you could show clips but make no mention of the fact that due to WCW booking he kept it for an hour and a half...

Guest Deviant

Clips of each are fine and I'm all for them. But as a general rule, I don't take <2 month title reigns seriously.

Guest JMA

Flair should get sixteen matches on the DVD. There should also be two DVDs. Here what I think the sixteen matches should be.

Flair vs. Garvin, Cage Match for the NWA World title at Starrcade 87

First Flair/Sting from CotC

All three Steamboat matches

92 Royal Rumble

Flair/Savage at WrestleMania

Loser leaves WWF match

Starrcade 93 against Vader

Funk/Flair from the 89 Great American Bash

Flair/Rhodes where Flair wins his first World title

Any Flair/Race match

Sting beats Flair for his first World title

The last Nitro match with Sting and Flair

Flair beats Windham for the NWA World title

Hogan/Flair from BatB 94 (for historical value)

All my bitching in the world of my Flair DVD preferences won't change anything, but if I say to say one thing about this so far, its...

1)flair vs. savage (wm 8)

Thank you

1. Not only is this not confirmed, it'd be safe to say that the DVD is not THAT far along yet (release is in early December, IIRC).

2. People have to figure compression quality into the "dream DVD" they're begging for. Since this is a RIC FLAIR DVD, I'd say that a healthy portion of his matches went upwards of 30 minutes and beyond.

So....

1 disc = 4 matches

2 discs = 8-10 matches (absolute limit)

and so on.

3. No way are THREE matches from the last 18 months included on this disc. In all fairness, you'll see v. HHH and v. UT (return to 'Mania), but that's already pushing it.

4. You'll see v. Steamer from COTC VI or Chi-Town Rumble, before you'll see Wrestlewar again - why would WWEHV want to put this extra, which is the definitive selling point of HHH's first profile DVD?

EDIT: Ahh, you mean WrestleCrap. I'd assumed you meant Wrestling Classics and their message board.

Edited by bravesfan

from wc.com:

about the upcoming ric flair dvd, my friend

has an uncle who helps in the production area of wwe

home video and he was telling me about this dvd, he

said that its going to be a 2 disk like the hbk one

and was going to include 8 matches and some classic

moments like promos, vignetes, ect.(almost what you

wanted but not to that extent) he said that the 8

matches would be(and he did mention that this is

defenatly not set in stone or anything)

1)flair vs. savage (wm 8)

2) vs. undertaker (wm 18)

3) vs. HHH (raw like a month ago)

4) vs. steamboat (wrestle war)

5) vs. harley race (dont remember which match he said)

6) vs. HBK (badd blood)

7) vs. sting (title unification from clash in '94)

8) vs. the great muta (starrcade ????)

he said they are thinking about doing something as an

easter egg about the history of flairs famous

"stripping" interviews he used to do.

So this guys' friends' Uncle works in WWE production? What next, his

'father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate"? Untill thre is a better source, color me skeptical.

PS- Bonus points to who can tell me where I quoted that from. :cheers:

I was going to say it would be nice if they had commentary track (especially for the 92 Rumble since he could talk about a whole variety of workers) but for some reason, WWE have a very retarded approach to commentary where instead of a secondary audio track they have a shot of the wrestler talking which fills up a third of the screen and this takes up a lot more space on the disc than it should. Why can't they get this right?

I agree that the Taker, HBK and HHH matches shouldn't be on there. If they're really that hard up for some WWF Flair performances, why not just throw the entire 92 Rumble match on there? Aside from being a Flair showcase, it's widely regarded as the best Rumble ever and isn't all that easy to find for those who don't frequent trading sites and such (I thank God for Kazaa though :)). That'd be 10 times better than 90% of the matches he's had since his return.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

You just KNOW HHH will be one of the wrestlers on that DVD singing Flair's praises, talking about how well Flair put over people, and didn't have to win to stay over.

Its gonna be the most ironic thing I have ever watched.

Guest Dynamite Kido

If they HAD to put more WWF/WWE matches of his, why wouldn't they put some of the more rare stuff from his first run in the WWF? That would obviously make more people want it if there was more raw and rare footage........at least you would think so.

So this guys' friends' Uncle works in WWE production? What next, his

'father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate"? Untill thre is a better source, color me skeptical.

PS- Bonus points to who can tell me where I quoted that from. :cheers:

Spaceballs! :D

I'll wait for a confirmed list before I pass judgment.

Guest Coffey

Ric Flair Vs. Randy Savage @ Wrestlemania 8 was a decent match, but I already have it on tape.

Ric Flair Vs. The Undertaker @ Wrestlemania 18 wasn't that good. I did mark out for Arn Anderson though. I already have it on tape as well. So, that sucks. Besides, Wrestlemania 18 is already on DVD.

Ric Flair Vs. Triple H @ Raw was a good match, however, once again, I also already have that on tape.

Ric Flair Vs. Ricky Steamboat @ Wrestle War I'm not even sure if I've ever seen. I'm sure that it's great.

Ric Flair Vs. Harley Race but we don't know which one? Well, I haven't seen any of them, so it will be new to me.

Ric Flair Vs. Shawn Michaels @ Badd Blood wasn't a good match. This match could've obviously been a different match. Especially since Badd Blood will be available on DVD.

Ric Flair Vs. The Great Muta will be nice to have.

So, out of the 8 matches listed, 3 are recent WWE matches, 3 I already have on tape, and two not enough information was given on. It sucks, but I guess it will be nice to have some of those matches on DVD.

I think it would be cool if they included the Ric Flair celebration that happened after Raw. I want to see that. Same for the 1992 Royal Rumble in it's entirety.

They have to throw in some classic Flair promo's too...

Edit:

I would want this:

Ric Flair Vs. Vader @ Starrcade 1993

Ric Flair Vs. The Great Muta @ Starrcade 1989

Ric Flair Vs. Randy Savage @ Wrestlemania 8

Ric Flair Vs. Sting @ Clash of the Champions 1994

Ric Flair Vs. Ricky Steamboat @ Spring Stampede 1994

Ric Flair Vs. Ricky Steamboat @ Chi-town Rumble

Ric Flair Vs. Mr. Perfect @ Raw 1993

Ric Flair Vs. Terry Funk @ Great American Bash 1989

Extras

Classic Ric Flair promo's

Ric Flair Vs. HHH @ Raw 2003

Ric Flair celebration after Raw went off the air.

1992 Royal Rumble

Edited by Mr. Jag0

And it is a HUGE mistake if they don't include his CLASSIC loser leaves WWF match with Curt Hennig from RAW '93!

Yeah, what the HELL?

As much as I love that match, do we really want matches that Flair LOST on this DVD?

If they're going to skimp on the classics, it's best to include Flair's wins and keep the losses to a minimum.

That also negates putting the 2 out of 3 fall match with Steamboat on it though...

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I'm going to ignore the list of matches, until I see a different one come out before the release. Because, I want to see Flair vs. ting at COC 1 and Flair vs. Steamboat(which I've never seen) at COC 6. And what about Flair vs. Vader? Very emotional match right there.

Guest Coffey
As much as I love that match, do we really want matches that Flair LOST on this DVD?

Part of what made Ric Flair so great was his ability to lay down and put people over. So, yes, I do want to see his losses.

Edited by Mr. Jag0

Guest drdrainoscott

I can't believe you guys actually believe this. I'm not necessarily calling whoever posted this a liar, but maybe his friend was lying, or he had his information wrond. I mean, do you guys actually think that HHH would let his God get such shitty treatment? There is no way he would let Hogan get a better comprehensive DVD then Flair. It's just not possible.

I mean, do you guys actually think that HHH would let his God get such shitty treatment?

Even if HHH did have that much power, I seriously doubt that he'd give a shit.

I love all the WCW/NWA match listings being given, but odds are, a lot will be cut. Hopefully with this one, they won't really duplicate others that will be on the disc. The main WWF/E ones I want are the Savage/Flair from WM and the Rumble would be cool. I am pretty certain the HHH one will be on there, which I won't mind too much, because I missed that RAW and the "after party" could be a nice extra, however on a career recap of Flair, it doesn't fit. I would put money that they will probably put the Taker match too, the only thing making me think otherwise is logo-blurring. They didn't have to deal with that on HBK because his last match before WWE on that disc is pre-scratch logo. I sure hope it's heavy WCW/NWA, however, I still doubt it will. It will most likely be "equal".

I would also like that Loser Leaves Town though, for WWE purposes, maybe where he puts Bret over for Bret's first title, but most likely not.

How in the name of all that is pure and good, can anyone make a DVD showcasing a guy who has been in the Pro. Wrestling industry for 30 years, and only include EIGHT matches?

Easy: make another DVD later with even more matches. This is why fans do not make good business people.

If they put out a shitty DVD, I won't buy it. I have most of those matches in some form or another anyway, so screw it unless things change when it comes out.

Most likely. Any old footage they show these days has the "F" blurred out.

But, they've only shown small segments, promos and angles - and even then, with nifty production edits to mask the WWF logo as best as they can.

I HIGHLY doubt WWEHV will use an entire match which needs to be blurred out in accordance with the settlement..