TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Damaramu

If Vince was on commentary?

So does anybody think things might get a little better if Vince was on commentary again? I mean I know he'd be thinking a lot quicker about this shit he allows on TV if he had to sit in the arena and justify it to the fans himself.

"And now Kane is being beaten up by Shane McMahon! This little 200 pound guy is beating the 320 pound monster...ah crap this makes no sense!"

I'd like to see McMahon commentating on Raw, if only to see how he shills the stupid shit he puts on the air week after week. It might give us a clue to his mindset.

For example, during the Katie Vick Fiasco we'd see his lead and determine how he thinks we're supposed to react--horrified, disgusted, laugh our asses off, etc.

Besides, anything is better than Lawler/JR. A sheep bleating for two hours straight would have just as much insightful commentary.

Guest Retro Rob
So does anybody think things might get a little better if Vince was on commentary again? I mean I know he'd be thinking a lot quicker about this shit he allows on TV if he had to sit in the arena and justify it to the fans himself.

"And now Kane is being beaten up by Shane McMahon! This little 200 pound guy is beating the 320 pound monster...ah crap this makes no sense!"

He had no problem shilling the cartoon shit they were feeding us in the mid-90s.

Unlike most people, I actually liked Vince on commentary. But, I can't see him going back to commentary again, because he just...can't. He if fully ingrained as a heel and wouldn't be able to do play by play anymore.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually miss the days of: "1... 2.... 3 HE GOT HIM!........... oh wait, no he didn't" and "WHATAMANEUVER!"

The same here.

Vince's vocals have suffered since he came out from under the headset though. Like his daughter, I don't think he's been properly trained on using the diaphram and not the throat to yell, causing damage to the voice.

He just to me doesn't seem to have the voice he had in the 80s-90s.

He was never a great commentater, but he could call a match decently. His voice has noticabely changed. He should get a vocal coach so he doesn't seriously damage his vocal chords due to all the yelling/screaming he does.

Well I think if he just started on commentary people would be expecting the heel Mr. McMahon. But if he just kept acting normal and didn't involve himself in angles just like when he was a commentator people would eventually accept it. Hell people buy Tazz as a commentator and not a wrestler now...

Guest Trivia247

he is too far into his heel character to do anything in commentary....he would have to excuse himself in every other match just to do a run in or a self absorbing promo

Well... considering that you'd basically have to do that in pretty much any Kane feud(sell the crowd that the little guy can win, obviously) outside of Taker, Big Show, A-Train and all the others...

Ahhhh, nevermind, I don't feel like making my head explode trying to rationalize this stuff...

he is too far into his heel character to do anything in commentary....he would have to excuse himself in every other match just to do a run in or a self absorbing promo

That is the case with all the announcers on Raw. JR is so into the Oklahoma Austin shrill, King is a perv, Coach is Carlton Banks that the match in the ring does not matter at all and is often forgotten.

Is it me or does Terri look alot like Christina Aguilia all of a sudden?

Guest Goodear

I could actually see putting McMahon in the color commentator role now and just letting him work in his catch phrases. Just toss Vince in the booth with JR (I'm about half convinced that Lawler is about 3/4s of the problem with the announce team) and let the sparks fly a little bit.