TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolWrestling

Goldberg vs TNA fans

GOLDBERG TANGLES WITH NWA TNA FANS, SMACKDOWN CROWD LOW, LA INJURY

by Dave Scherer Updated: 9/10/2003 1:44:52 PM

The crowd for Smackdown in Birmingham was really low last night, with only a few thousands tickets sold.

Word going around at Raw was that Sylvain Grenier of La Resistance is working with a neck injury and may need some time off.

We got an email from a reader who didn't leave his name. The reader was around back, where the wrestlers come out, at Raw and there was a group of people handing out TNA flyers for tonight's one cent PPV on InDemand (which, as I said yesterday, is worth buying if you are considering doing so). Anyway, Goldberg came out and signed autographs for people, including signing said TNA flyers. This led to an interesting scene between Goldberg and a TNA fan. Here is the eyewitness report.

"Here is where it got good. Goldberg had been signing autographs, acting like he didn't notice (the TNA fans), until he worked his way around to right under where they were standing. They started yelling at Goldberg, and Goldberg went off and started screaming at them about how TNA isn't s***, and it's full of nobodies and WWE rejects. They yelled back about how TNA is where the real talent is, and he wouldn't last a day there with his ability. Goldberg asked who they had that was better than him, and they responded with AJ Styles, Raven, Sting, and Jeff Jarrett, and Goldberg said he had already beaten them all, and they were all nobodies. One of them told him to come to TNA and tell Sting he's a nobody to his face. Goldberg was screaming and fuming mad. He said he could take out their whole roster, and one of them yelled back saying maybe in WCW bizzaro world he could take out an entire roster, but in real life he sucks! He looked like he was about to go up there. One of them told him he didn't have half the talent Raven had, and couldn't carry Jerry Lynn's jock. I don't know why security let this go on as long as it did, but they eventually told them to leave, and the Heel shirt guy flipped off Goldberg as they left."

I wish I would have been there to see that! Seriously, the report also said that some of the fans there, who were apparently from the TNA Heel Section group, also gave HHH and Vince McMahon a hard time, but the Macs blew them off for the most part. I don't know Goldberg would let them get under his skin like that.

1wrestling.com

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

God Goldberg gets wound up so easily. Its not exactly the first time - I remember several times on camera Goldberg having altercations with fans.

Makes me think those boo's he gets when he was wrestling a few months back must have REALLY got to him.

Guest wwF1587

goldie should of just ignored it and let fans be fans... he just got pissed cuase they were right

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
He said he could take out their whole roster, and one of them yelled back saying maybe in WCW bizzaro world he could take out an entire roster, but in real life he sucks!

:lol: The truth hurts.

So Goldberg goes out and signs apparantly a ton of autographs and gets ripped by a bunch of fans and he is the bad guy for responding. He was just trying to do something nice, I would have been pissed to. But almost everyone around here is so biased against Goldberg I knew they would rip him apart.

geniusMoment Posted on Sep 10 2003, 11:33 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Goldberg goes out and signs apparantly a ton of autographs and gets ripped by a bunch of fans and he is the bad guy for responding. He was just trying to do something nice, I would have been pissed to. But almost everyone around here is so biased against Goldberg I knew they would rip him apart. 

Its not like these guys did anything particularly offensive really. Just being little shit disturbers. Goldberg walks around like his shit don't stink and he CLEARLY has an anger management problem.

I wouldn't personally do it, but instead of reacting like a sensible person and ignoring it, Goldberg gets riled up like a poor-tempered little bitch--and this is hardly the first time.

Guest Trivia247

Hell if Goldberg didn't say anything nor provoked them after the intial ribs then I'd say for him to ignore it..

but Goldberg has impulse control problems, he ain't a movie star with bodyguards he can't hide from fans...especially since fans are the ones your suppose to get the money from to buy the tickets to go to events.

You're gonna get the morons who say you suck, thats just the fact of life. How you handle it is up to you.

Goldberg proves he not only perpetuate his own hype...He believes it.

maybe Jericho should have gone over and calmed Goldberg down with a All Powerful headlock.

Guest Coffey

So, despite being asked to leave NWA:TNA by Jeff Jarrett because the "heel section" cheered for the heels, they still support NWA:TNA?

Damn, I wouldn't have went back if I was told I couldn't be vocal for whom I wished...

Guest Trivia247

obviously TNA fans and or the TNA backers want the promotion to be ECW like where their fans get rabid vs any other company.

None of us know what its like to be doing your job or taking time out to please others and have a bunch of idiots insult you and berate you in public. How would you react? You can't say for sure. We know what the right thing to do is, but is it so uncommon for someone to have trouble handling being shit on all the time?

Guest wrestlingbs

Any normal wrestler I would be more sypathetic to (like Al Snow, somebody that worked hard to get where they're at), but I think Goldberg got picked on for the exact same reason he blew up. Everybody knows he's a prima-donna, that he's just in it for the money. He's the antithesis of the small indy prmotion, the big lucky jock who will work only on his terms and only for the highest dollar. I'm not saying this is exactly what he's like, I'm just saying that's how TNA fan's see him, and at that show he proved them right.

So, despite being asked to leave NWA:TNA by Jeff Jarrett because the "heel section" cheered for the heels, they still support NWA:TNA?

Damn, I wouldn't have went back if I was told I couldn't be vocal for whom I wished...

I'm a bit behind on the TNA stuff. "Heel section which cheers heels" is pretty obvious but Jarrett told them they didn't want them as fans? Did he tell them that on air or on the TNA website?\

BTW

Fuck Goldberg

I'm a bit behind on the TNA stuff. "Heel section which cheers heels" is pretty obvious but Jarrett told them they didn't want them as fans? Did he tell them that on air or on the TNA website?\

BTW

Fuck Goldberg

The Heel Section were asked to tone it down and they decided to leave instead and stop coming to the shows.

Guest nikowwf

All of you go to wrestling fans, and you know what little sh*ts a lot of these peeps are. Imagine you are helping someone out, and these little sh*ts decide to start yelling and screaming at you for no reason except to be mean and because they know you are not supposed to retaliate.

And Goldberg is a jerk for this?

niko

Guest Coffey
I'm a bit behind on the TNA stuff. "Heel section which cheers heels" is pretty obvious but Jarrett told them they didn't want them as fans? Did he tell them that on air or on the TNA website?

Jarrett has received mostly cheers, but isn't happy with the noticeable boos he has received on the 8/17 show. The company said the boos came from the heel section of fans that hasn't been around in several weeks, but came back because they thought Raven, who is their favorite, had to win the title this time. The company was unhappy with them in the past and Bob Ryder has spoken to them about their reactions. Dave has heard different versions of what he said, but the company's take is they set aside seats for the fans and had no problems, but about 6 weeks ago, Ryder told them the company is going in a different direction with strong face vs heel storylines and that he thought they should play into it. They complained and stopped coming, but a few started trickling back and most were back for 8/27. Jarrett, upset that they were booing him, as well as Harris and Storm, told Bert Prentice to tell them they weren't welcome at the shows. Storm was really upset, because he injured his neck, and they were taunting him as he was being helped backstage.

That's pretty funny. Telling your small fan base you don't want them at the shows. I wish I could get half the idiots in the crowd to boo along with me at WWE events.

You know, TNA should be glad that its fans react so much positively or negatively, towards its product. Silence is the worst thing they can get. The few times I've ordered TNA, the Heel Section rocked it.

And I second the people who say that this was bullshit to be accosted like that while trying to be nice to the fans. It'd be different if he'd seen the TNA shirts and flyers and just gone off without provocation, but these dickheads decided to harass him. If he's such a prima donna, why was he out there signing autographs anyway?

Guest Trevor567

People need to consider the source of this info. This came from 1wrestling.com. You have to be skeptical of their info since one owner works for TNA and another works for MLW. There's never any negativity towards these groups and no backstage gossip reported. I wouldn't be surprised if this was B.S. Lately, 1wrestling.com seems to be turning it up a few notches when it comes to all this WWE negativity. There's a thread about this on wrestlingclassics.com with some interesting comments, including from Dave Meltzer.

That Goldberg, what a professional.

UYI

Yeah - signing autographs when it wasn't necessary to do so. While doing that, he was heckled by a group of smark fans that were outcast from their favorite promotion. Taking shots at his wrestling ability while trying to shill TNA, he decides to kayfabe them and rile them up.

Fuck Goldberg.