TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

If Huricane Isabel causes a lot of damage next wk

I was wondering, considering that Isabel is a category 5 Hurricane (most instense) and it is projected to make landfall somewhere between Florida and North Carolina middle to late next week. If you remember what Hurricane Andrew did a few years ago, Isabel at Cat. 5 strength could do as much if not more damage.

Im also willing to bet they don't do anything with the Hurricane on RAW this monday, since its in SC and by Monday it should be very close to making landfall somewhere in that general area.

My guess is that the Hurricane goes on hiatus for a while and they will probably give him a new gimmick.

Guest Sakura

I would think it's pretty obvious it's just a name and they're not making light of actual hurricanes.

But then again, this is the same company who dropped RAW is WAR and Armageddon after 9/11.

Im also willing to bet they don't do anything with the Hurricane on RAW this monday, since its in SC and by Monday it should be very close to making landfall somewhere in that general area.

Well, The Hurricane is never really on RAW in a good way anyways. So if he's not, he will be missed.

Bring back the 'Sugar Shane' gimmick PLEASE~!?

Well, you can ask the same question for Lesnar using his finishing move on Tuesday.

An F-5 is a tornado, not a hurricane. Of course, a powerful hurricane could turn into a tornado eventually, so you may have a point.

Guest Choken One

Well, The Hurricane is never really on RAW in a good way anyways. So if he's not, he will be missed.

why? It was just your generic pretty boy cocky heel...

At least Hurricane is different.

Well, you can ask the same question for Lesnar using his finishing move on Tuesday.

An F-5 is a tornado, not a hurricane. Of course, a powerful hurricane could turn into a tornado eventually, so you may have a point.

Eh, they're both category 5's anyway. ;)

why? It was just your generic pretty boy cocky heel...

At least Hurricane is different.

But different isn't always good ... in the "Top 3 Wrestlers" thread I just named Sugar Shane Helms as one of my three favorites. The Hurricane gimmick was a good way to get Helms over, and then at the peak of his ride he should have made changes to the gimmick and used something less cartoon-ish. Now, he's less over and saddles with the gimmick.

"Sugar Shane" sounds like the name of a Chippendale's dancer.

Sorry, but no.

But it works if they make him a pretty boy heel.

Other Chippendale Dancer sounding names:

Ravishing Rick (Rude)

Stunning Steve (Austin)

Latino Heat (Guerrero)

Face it, there's a fine line between "tough guy" sounding names and homoerotic names. Sugar Shane sounds like a cocky heel (no pun intended with the word 'cocky')

I would think it's pretty obvious it's just a name and they're not making light of actual hurricanes.

But then again, this is the same company who dropped RAW is WAR and Armageddon after 9/11.

I thought they changed RAW is WAR b/c the name was meant that the WWF was at war w/ WCW. The war was over, therefore RAW IS WAR simply became RAW again.

I wouldn't be against moving Shane to the cruiserweight division as a heel at all. It would be refreshing to see actual *gasps* characters in the cruiserweight division. Not just 'okay, little guys, go out there a do cool moves!'.

Guest thrall585
If you remember what Hurricane Andrew did a few years ago, Isabel at Cat. 5 strength could do as much if not more damage.

I didn't know over 11 years ago is considered "a few years".

If you remember what Hurricane Andrew did a few years ago, Isabel at Cat. 5 strength could do as much if not more damage.

I didn't know over 11 years ago is considered "a few years".

And in wrestling terms, that's considered a century.

No, because if Isabel hits -- it'll be next Fri. or Sat., however that means a few house shows may be canceled depending where it hits. The Sat. 9/20 show is at MSG, and if Isabel is that far up the coast....

Guest Sakura
I thought they changed RAW is WAR b/c the name was meant that the WWF was at war w/ WCW. The war was over, therefore RAW IS WAR simply became RAW again.

No, it was for 9/11. It was right after 9/11, WCW had been long dead.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I guess I'm going on vacation next week then.

stupid Hurricane! (Me live in Northern Florida)

Of course, odds are it wont hit us, but theres always that 5-10% chance it does.

Guest thrall585
With all the hurricanes in Florida, how come the theme parks never blow away?

The theme parks are in Orlando (besides from Busch Gardens, which is in Tampa), and the hurricanes haven't hit that area. Dumb question.

Okay.

Not really a dumb question if you live over here where the only danger is the occasional earthquake.

Everytime a hurricane goes through that area that's particularly deadly, newscaster grimly give damage numbers while helicopters send pictures of blocks after blocks looking like they've experienced armageddon, going all the way into the horizon.

So, for those of us who don't know anything about Florida, one wonders why all the touristy shit doesn't get damaged as much.

The Trailer Parks sure get bulldozed though so its even.

Im sorta in a pickle as well, since if the stupid thing drifts enough north I could see its effects. We've been dealing with the remanants of Tropical Storm Henri now for the last day. Its gotten cold (50 degrees) rainy, windy (gusts they say up to 45 mph..not much but it blows leaves off trees and such)..