TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

John Ritter is dead at 55

Guest Boo_Bradley
I hate to say this as it makes me feel a little ghoulish, but wouldn't Warren Zevon count and make this "three" complete?

Thank God

On Dayside on Fox News, they are about to show a tribute for both John and Johnny.

Somebody better. I was pissed off about how flippant they were about it this morning amiss all the mourning for Johnny Cash. And don't get me wrong, I like Cash, but another great guy died too, and he wasn't getting any love.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
On Dayside on Fox News, they are about to show a tribute for both John and Johnny.

Somebody better. I was pissed off about how flippant they were about it this morning amiss all the mourning for Johnny Cash. And don't get me wrong, I like Cash, but another great guy died too, and he wasn't getting any love.

On Good Day Live they talked to Henry Winkler, who was on the set with John last night. Plus Suzanne Summer also called in. Winkler was also very close to John for the majority of his career. It was a great tribute to his life and career. You would have enjoyed it Ripper.

I'll never forget his performance in Sling Blade.

And of course, having been raised in the era of the Electronic Babysitter, I will always remember Jack Tripper fondly for introducing me to the notion that a guy can have two girls at once. ;)

Godspeed.

He did such a great on Three Company's. Great timing, and a excellent physical comedian. One of my favorite episodes is when Jack's "Twin" brother is in town. John Ritter plays both roles. Great interaction between Ritter and Knotts.

Damn I was shocked to see this. I go online an hour or two back and I see in big letters "Johnny Cash dead". I wasn't suprised but then I look lower and saw the piece about Ritter.

I actually enjoyed "8 Simple Rules..." the few times I saw it and the Problem Child movies are guilty pleasures of mine. Dumb or not, the first one has hilarious scenes. Damn Hines, Bronson, Ritter and so many more. Bad year for Hollywood.

RIP John

Certain a shock when I heard it this morning. I remember watching him on Conan with Dana Carvey & Ted Nugget a few months ago talking about his testicle that came out of his boxers for a brief still on Three's Company and some guy suing.

Rest in peace...

He was great on Conan a few months ago. Things were looking up, as he said on the show that 8 Simple Rules was picked up for a second season, and he held his own comedically. I really thought he was going to have a big comeback, and now he's gone.

I didn't watch Threes Company growing up, but damned if I didnt treasure the Problem Child movies and Stay Tuned.

Good man.

Guest Dmann2000

How's this for some messed up stuff regarding Ritter's death...

5 days before his 55th B-day

Today is wife Amy Yasbeck's B-day

and most sad of all, he died on his daughter's 5th B-day.

Now that's really sad...

Robert Mitchum, Jimmy Stewart and Brian Keith all died within hours of each other a few years ago and Stewart got most of the press. It's hard to doll out the time when trajedies like this happen back to back. The more I've been thinking about Ritter today, the more I think he really was an underrated actor. I don't just mean as a comedian, but as an actor overall. I'm glad to see that Mark remembers Hooperman and I hope someone like FX picks it up and runs it in his honor. Great little show.

Guest TheCrowCall

I couldn't believe it when I saw the topic of this thread earlier this afternoon.

John Ritter was always an inspiration to me, always loved the man since I first saw him on Three's Company.

I loved Three's Company, Problem Child 1 and 2, and 8 Simple Rules, which has become my new #1 favorite show since it first aired last September.

I was just wondering the other day when the new season of 8 Simple Rules was going to start again, it's going to be so sad now watching the episodes of the show knowing this now. Do you think the show won't air the second season or will they just air up until the previous episodes that were taped for the new season? If the new season is aired, I am taping every episode for sure, which is what I planned since the last season ended.

I always hoped thatI would get a chance to meet John Ritter, he seemed like such a great guy on screen and from what I've been hearing from people who met/knew him, he was very kind and beyond awesome.

R.I.P. John Ritter, you will never be forgotten.

Guest Deebo

Fuck man. He was just starting to re-connect with audiences too. This ruined my day. Three's Company is one of my favorite shows ever, I still watch it.

R.I.P.

Guest Anglesault

I’m not going to lie.

In my opinion, Three’s Company was a horrid little show that has managed get worse in reruns. No appeal to it whatsoever, as it seemed to take a stupid ass concept and redo it 800 times (and not in an “I Love Lucy” sort of way, where she always did the same thing, but it got increasingly better.) To this day I can’t watch the show.

However, John Ritter always struck me as an extremely likeable guy, and I certainly think some of his other work is quite good.

Rest in Peace.

I kinda grew up watching taped Three's Company eps that my mom recorded. I enjoyed 8 Simple Rules. I heard a clip saying the show was going to reveal a rule every season til the 8th. Guess that isn't happening. This sucks.

Did ABC say what Is going to happen to Ritter's Role on "8 Simple Rules"?

Nevertheless, R.I.P. John.

Guest El Satanico

I'm fairly certian that ABC doesn't have a clue as to what they will do now. I mean it's not even been a day since he died.

I'd imagine ABC will handle it like NBC handled Newsradio after Hartman was killed.

Guest Boo_Bradley
Robert Mitchum, Jimmy Stewart and Brian Keith all died within hours of each other a few years ago and Stewart got most of the press. It's hard to doll out the time when trajedies like this happen back to back. The more I've been thinking about Ritter today, the more I think he really was an underrated actor. I don't just mean as a comedian, but as an actor overall. I'm glad to see that Mark remembers Hooperman and I hope someone like FX picks it up and runs it in his honor. Great little show.

Mitchem rings a bell, and Keith sounds familar, who were this guys? (Its late take pity on me)