TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

Ok don't hurt me but...

A cop-killing piece of shit that will die on Death Row instead of the electric chair where he deserves.

But since I'm a wee bit partisan to this topic, here's a review regarding a few books about this turd that give a little background history -- they're pro-Mumia, but they offer background history and were the closest things to objective I could find on a quick Google search.

(I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no greater feeling than taking a "Free Mumia" flyer from some dirty pseudo-hippie, sticking it down your pants, wiping your crack with it and giving it back to them.)

http://www.post-gazette.com/books/reviews/...29review759.asp

Two words you never hear related to the case of convicted killer Mumia Abu-Jamal are objective and neutral. Abu-Jamal is on death row for the 1981 murder of Philadelphia police officer Daniel Faulkner. His detractors say he’s a cop killer.

Supporters -- Hollywood celebrities, Nelson Mandela, activists and students worldwide -- say he’s a political prisoner, convicted because he’s black and championed radical causes.

There are two new books about Abu-Jamal and his case, and you won’t find neutral and objective attitudes: One is by a friend, the other by one of his lawyers.

“On a Move: The Story of Mumia Abu-Jamal” by Terry Bisson (Litmus Press, $12) is a short biography focusing on Abu-Jamal’s Philadelphia upbringing and his politics. Bisson describes an idealistic youth attracted to the black political movements of the 1960s. The 15-year-old Wesley Cook (his birth name) was director of communications for the Philadelphia branch of the Black Panther Party. Both the FBI and the city police department kept files on him.

“Executing Justice” by David R. Williams (St. Martins, $24.95) is a detailed history that more than anything proves Abu-Jamal did not receive a fair trial in 1982. Sentenced to death, his execution has been stayed pending appeals in federal courts.

Abu-Jamal was a part-time radio reporter for several Philadelphia stations. He moonlighted as a cab driver to support his family and, after being robbed, he purchased a gun for protection. At about 4 a.m. Dec. 9, 1981, Abu-Jamal saw his brother, Billy Cook, and Faulkner engaged in an argument. Moments later, Faulkner was dead and Abu-Jamal was found lying nearby, shot once in the chest, his gun inches from his hand.

Both authors contend that Abu-Jamal’s association with the Panthers and MOVE, a black radical movement that was charged with killing a Philadelphia police officer in a 1978 confrontation, made him a marked man in law enforcement circles.

The strength of Bisson’s book is capturing the life of black America in the 1960s, with its radical and traditional factions amid cries for justice and action. The racist paranoia of FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover and Frank Rizzo, police commissioner and later Philadelphia’s mayor, created an atmosphere that encouraged Abu-Jamal to change his name and take up advocacy journalism.

A science-fiction author, Bisson writes with a poetic quality. But you won’t find an examination of why Abu-Jamal is innocent.

“The crowd at the scene had fled, including, apparently, the shooter.” That’s the extent of Bisson’s explanation.

Williams is one of the attorneys handling Abu-Jamal’s appeals, and his book offers details. If you read the exchanges between Abu-Jamal’s court-appointed attorney and Judge Albert Sabo and aren’t terrified, check your pulse. Presuming that Williams is quoting from trial transcripts, Sabo made no effort to remain impartial and even assisted the prosecution. The conviction and death sentence were a fait accompli. And Sabo was less sympathetic on appeals.

While Williams gives you plenty to ponder about Sabo and details how the police coerced witnesses and withheld evidence, he isn’t completely successful on proving Mumia’s innocence beyond reasonable doubt.

The key to Abu-Jamal’s case, I feel, is his brother. Yet Billy Cook has never testified. Even Williams was unable to locate him during an appeals proceeding.

Williams apparently thinks a man with Cook that night shot Faulkner. That man is now dead. Williams writes that Cook believes police will try to kill him if he testifies (that’s not farfetched if you think your brother is being framed) and having Cook speak to Abu-Jamal’s innocence will be met with skepticism.

Even so, his silence is puzzling. Mumia’s trial attorney argued Billy killed Faulkner and Abu-Jamal covered for him. (Bisson says Abu-Jamal will tell his story “in court.” Abu-Jamal has never testified and apparently never told Williams what happened. Or if he did, Williams chose not to include it.)

And who shot Abu-Jamal? Williams theorizes Faulkner did, but not according to the prosecution’s version, a point that was critical to its case. Yet there’s never any mention, by either side, of conclusive proof that the bullet recovered from Abu-Jamal was fired from Faulkner’s gun.

Williams is an engaging writer, but sometimes the book bogs down while he analyzes legal theory and history. And even though this is an ongoing story, he should have included a “where-are-they-now” appendix.

Is Abu-Jamal innocent? After reading these books, I don’t know. Can I conclude he got a fair trial? No. Is justice blind to color? I don’t think so.

Oh, if I only had some Commie Cleanser.

mumia-philly402.jpg

mumia.jpg

mumia.jpg

mumia.jpg

Carrot Top is one of them?...

Edited by kkktookmybabyaway

So can I.

1. The economic policies of Howard Dean.

2. The economic policies of Dick Gephardt.

3. The economic policies of John Kerry.

4. The economic policies of Joe Lieberman.

5. The economic policies of virtually every Democrat.

Sue me, but you made that one too easy. :P

Okay, he dies on death row or he's executed. Don't you get what you want either way? If I were you, I'd want him to suffer if I hated him so much.

Only if his death while waiting to be executed is painful (i.e. he suffers cancer while clogging up the judicial process).

And it's not so much that I hate him more than any other cop-killing bastard -- it's that he's pretty much a poster shithead for the anti-death penalty crowd. Personally, I'm against the death penalty most of the time -- unless you're caught on camera killing someone in cold blood, you shouldn't be executed -- but Mumia is the exception to my rule.

With that said, I do feel sorry for the families of murder victims, and if my better half ever got killed by some waste of life I'd want he/she dead as well, because what I'd want to do with them otherwise would be shot down by the ACLU and friends (Let's just say the convict not having Internet access or cable TV would be the least of his/her worries if I ran things).

Fry the bastard...

So can I.

Forgot one:

6. The economic policies of George W. Bush.

And you made that too easy ;)

Okay, he dies on death row or he's executed. Don't you get what you want either way? If I were you, I'd want him to suffer if I hated him so much.

Only if his death while waiting to be executed is painful (i.e. he suffers cancer while clogging up the judicial process).

And it's not so much that I hate him more than any other cop-killing bastard -- it's that he's pretty much a poster shithead for the anti-death penalty crowd. Personally, I'm against the death penalty most of the time -- unless you're caught on camera killing someone in cold blood, you shouldn't be executed -- but Mumia is the exception to my rule.

With that said, I do feel sorry for the families of murder victims, and if my better half ever got killed by some waste of life I'd want he/she dead as well, because what I'd want to do with them otherwise would be shot down by the ACLU and friends (Let's just say the convict not having Internet access or cable TV would be the least of his/her worries if I ran things).

Fry the bastard...

Out of curiosity, are you or someone you're related to a member of the law enforement community? Not that I don't agree with you, but you seem to take this personally.

So can I.

Forgot one:

I really hope you were trying to make a bad attempt at a joke. Otherwise... :huh: eh.

So can I.

Forgot one:

I really hope you were trying to make a bad attempt at a joke. Otherwise... :huh: eh.

Yeah, because wasting a budget surplus and putting the country back into debt is such sound economic planning...

No, it's dumb because you missed the whole joke. Tyler said 5. You adding the 6th is just, well, just unfunny and saying Tom setting himself up is just... well, from a comedic standpoint, bad.

And if you want to talk on the Budget Surplus, considering that it was overprojected since the economists had forecasted it during the internet boom, coupled with the creation of Homeland Security Department and two wars, I'm not really surprised that we are in a deficit (Not a debt. We've always had one of those). But considering interest rates being at the lowest ever, a deficit doesn't really kill us since it isn't growing very much, opposed to Clinton's Presidency when Interest rates were much higher (Not his fault, just the simple truth). So I suppose that was kinda dumb as well.

And if you want to talk on the Budget Surplus, considering that it was overprojected since the economists had forecasted it during the internet boom, coupled with the creation of Homeland Security Department and two wars, I'm not really surprised that we are in a deficit

Economists universally agree that those things, while still minor factors, aren't the main cause of the debt. That would go to tax cuts.

And if you want to talk on the Budget Surplus, considering that it was overprojected since the economists had forecasted it during the internet boom, coupled with the creation of Homeland Security Department and two wars, I'm not really surprised that we are in a deficit

Economists universally agree that those things, while still minor factors, aren't the main cause of the debt. That would go to tax cuts.

No, the tax cuts used up the massive part of the surplus (At least, that was my understanding). The above things put us into the deficit. And hell, those same economists say we are in a recovery right now, so obviously they did something.

The surplus was already gone by the third wave of income tax cuts.

But the 500 Billion Dollars it took to create the Homeland Security Department is still considered minor, plus the funds used for the two wars? I just find that hard to believe. And again, interest rates are down and the economy is coming back. If there were a time when we should deficit spend it would be now anyways when it will hurt us the least.

Jobs are still not recovering, but then again, I don't feel like arguing right now. You're just foolish if you thing Bush-O-Nomics (borrow and spend) is anything less than foolish. We've got a deficit that's approaching $1 trillion per year, and I'm wondering if Bush learned anything from Reagan's mishaps regarding that.

Jobs are still not recovering, but then again, I don't feel like arguing right now. You're just foolish if you thing Bush-O-Nomics (borrow and spend) is anything less than foolish. We've got a deficit that's approaching $1 trillion per year, and I'm wondering if Bush learned anything from Reagan's mishaps regarding that.

Give it time. Not everything comes instantly. Again, we are just at the beginning of the recovery.

Yeah, and half of that was due to the creation of a whole new department and two wars. With the lethargic rate of the economy the budget was gonna go into deficit anyways unless you wanted to cut some social programs. But whatever, I was just saying the joke was stupid in it's delivery and timing, but it's obviously gone far beyond that now.

Edit: I just noticed this, but you know it's only 500 Billion approaching, and remember that much of this is tied up in the wars at the moment. This will most likely go down after this year.

Out of curiosity, are you or someone you're related to a member of the law enforement community? Not that I don't agree with you, but  you seem to take this personally.

No, but after working my many dead-end jobs while in school I've come to know quite a few police officers and they have taken care of quite a few dickhead customers for me. I shudder to think what may have happened to me or a co-worker if they weren't there.

Sure there are some cops that are real jerks, I've also met them, but overall police officers are the good guys, and when one gets killed doing his/her job the shithead that did the deed should die.

I don't take the Mumia case personally, but I won't back down when a gang of pseudo-hippies start spouting some shit in his name. It has been my experience, especially having lived in Sappy Valley, that too many people back down from these dirty, jobless extremists. Not me...

Have you researched this case? I understand your position, but to wish a violent death upon a man merely because he's a poster-child(man?) for countless numbers of groups seems a bit rash.

Have you ever considered that these kids out of the street invoke his name because he WAS screwed?

Have you researched this case? I understand your position, but to wish a violent death upon a man merely because he's a poster-child(man?) for countless numbers of groups seems a bit rash.

Have you ever considered that these kids out of the street invoke his name because he WAS screwed?

To answer your questions:

Yes.

I don't wish death upon him for being the idol of pseudo-hippies. I wish death upon him for being a cop-killing piece of garbage.

Yes. And then I was brought back into reality.

Funny thing is I'm not a big death penalty guy. The only times I'd permit "Old Sparky" to come out of hiding is when somebody is caught on tape doing the deed that got him into court in the first place.

Something tells me that after his decades of clogging up the judicial system he will eventually be freed on some bullshit technicality. (And then I hope a MACK Truck filled with explosive material crashes into him and his parade of scumbag lawyers.)

Mumia, I hope your death is twenty fold more painful than Husband/Officer Faulkner's...

Guest fk teale

Another good place to go for info on the case is, intuitively enough, www.danielfaulkner.com. It's certainly not unbiased, but it is far less hysterical and delusional than every fat frothing pro-mumia site/screed/interpretive dance that his howl-at-the-moon minions have authored. It features the trial transcripts. Check them out, judge for yourself. Or trust the synopsis that most everyone who bathes regularly will give you: GUILTY BEYOND ALL FUCKING BELIEF.