TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boner Kawanger

One and Only Conan Tenth Anniversary Thread

Disappointing. Funny but should of been much better. Jack Black's song was too long. They didn't show enough skits especially ones from the Andy Richter days. The audience was to over the top. Everyone got this huge ovation and the live show never got in rhythm.

One thing that was sorely missed

Max doing Max. How could they leave that out.

Very true

It seemed like Conan wanted to focus more attention on his more recent stuff. Maybe he didn't like people saying the show was better with Andy, so he's showing more skits from recently.

Guest Joe_G
It seemed like Conan wanted to focus more attention on his more recent stuff. Maybe he didn't like people saying the show was better with Andy, so he's showing more skits from recently.

I think he just didn't want to do a repeat of his Fifth anniversary special (although they did repeat some clips from that show), so the focus was more on years 6-10.

I was happy for some clips from my favorite sketch ever--Conan and the writer go apartment hunting.

But yeah, not enough Max. Not even a "More You Know?"

Condoms break sometimes, Missy. Deal with it!

They showed the "Hammer Background dancer on the Loose" clip so I was happy. And Gwenth Paltrow's truth "Right before I start a new movie...I kill a hobo with a hammer." Had me laughing.

I always loved that police dog shooting people too. It just refreshed my memories on how funny this show is/was.

And um...

Conan>Jay>Dave>pile of shit>Kilborn.

That is all.

For those who missed it, the anniversary special will be repeated on Comedy Central tonight at 8 eastern.

I thought there were WAY too many commercial breaks, and dammit, WHERE WERE THE STARING CONTESTS?!?!

And Ripper, it's Conan>Dave>Kilborn>pile of shit>J'Lo's relationships>Jay

For those who missed it, the anniversary special will be repeated on Comedy Central tonight at 8 eastern.

I thought there were WAY too many commercial breaks, and dammit, WHERE WERE THE STARING CONTESTS?!?!

You know, its so IN to insult Jay Leno, but the fact of the matter is he's out there every bloody night with fresh material and he's charming.

You know, its so IN to insult Jay Leno, but the fact of the matter is he's out there every bloody night with fresh material and he's charming.

People insult Jay Leno for a reason-

He's not funny. The few times I've seen the Tonight Show I rarely ever laugh.

Because he made an unfunny joke about Owen Hart? It's been 4 years- who cares anymore?

Jack Black is funny- My friend sent me Tenacious D's CD yesterday and it was some funny stuff

Guest El Satanico

I don't really know why, but I find Black entertaining as well.

I also have no clue how to classify his comedic style.

Guest TUS_02

Black's song wasn't that funny, the only part was the long tangent he had with "barbers trimming" etc...

It's weird, I went to see Conan live mid-August and after the tapings, he let us stay and showed us a montage of "Tv Stations that should be" We were obviously being watched to see which ones we reacted well to... and the ones they showed were NOT the good ones (Well, the right angle one is good and the Safety Dance one was funny during our showing since it went on about 60 seconds longer.

Dave and Conan have better monalogues.

Dave and Conan have better comedy bits (except for Headlines, really)

And Conan is the better interviewer (guests just seem more relaxed with him).

Oh, and the Max Weinberg 7 > j00.

I like Leno and all, but to say he has fresh material every night is just wrong. He'll use the same basic joke all week sometimes (or, at least the same topic for the joke).

Because he made an unfunny joke about Owen Hart? It's been 4 years- who cares anymore?

Jack Black is funny- My friend sent me Tenacious D's CD yesterday and it was some funny stuff

Ummmm....maybe, just maybe, the fact that he apparently did it THE DAY AFTER IT HAPPENED (or sometime close) is what made it more offensive than it really was. Time doesn't change bonehaded actions into otherwise, you know. And with that, ironically considering what you think about me, I'm through fighting.

*groan* It seems like I'm the only person that realizes this is a quote from "Family Guy." Well, Ripper, at least I laughed at it. Good job :P

*groan* It seems like I'm the only person that realizes this is a quote from "Family Guy." Well, Ripper, at least I laughed at it. Good job :P

Damn, you beat me to it. :lol:

The crowd standing up in unison after every celebrity wasn't necessary.

That was biggest problem. Everyone got what seemed like 5 minute standing ovation. I think it would of been better if he would of just done the show in his regular studio. There was just too many people at the taping.

Damn, you beat me to it. :lol:

I was going to say something, but then I wanted to see how long before someone got it. The rest of you should hang your head in shame and watch more Family Guy.

And seriously, all late night have horrible monoluge jokes. Conan MAKES them funny with his own ad libs....or just do the string dance if it is really bad, that always gets me. Dave just repeats the joke to Paul and Jay uses it to ridicule Kevin...

As for comedy bits, I like Jay Walking and Headlines better than most ANYTHING that Dave does...I mean has "Is this ANything" EVER gotten the slightest chuckle out of you.

Conan smokes everyones asses when it comes to interviewing, but I would put Jay at second. They seem to enjoy themselves.

Kilborn just sucks. He doesn't understand the theory of delivery, his interviews suck, his monologues suck...the guys show just plain sucks. And I don't even know what he said about Owen...and I don't want to. I just know that guy sucks.