TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

One and Only NWA:TNA Thread

For everyone saying that stupid "Thanks for listening to us TNA" when Jamal came out, thank them for shelling out the 400+ dollars to bring back Teddy Hart for another week. But, I would expect that from most of you, looking for the worst and being blind towards the good.

For everyone saying that stupid "Thanks for listening to us TNA" when Jamal came out, thank them for shelling out the 400+ dollars to bring back Teddy Hart for another week. But, I would expect that from most of you, looking for the worst and being blind towards the good.

What's your point again??

Guest TNAPhillip

Well, personally I'm glad it turned out to be Vamp. I saw him a few times here recently in some matches from Mexico and on some old WCW tapes. I know he and Konnan supposedly have heat with each other but like most things in wrestling that could just be a story and they have worked it to make everyone believe it. Anyways pretty good show tonight and glad to see Vamp in TNA.

Vampiro is a much better decision than anything else they could've gotten. Atleast Raven vs. Vampiro could be a very good one-on-one match, not to mention the mind-games the two will play on each other.

I have to admit, I was a complete mark during Raven vs. Douglas, which is a total credit to them.

Oh, and Vampiro actually makes sense (Deadpool, anyone?), so I'm not complaining.

Guest BrokenWings

I was reading Vamp and Konnan squashed the beef quite some time ago. I believe it was in a shoot interview with Vampiro, if I'm not mistaken.

Hope I don't sound young and foolish but I can't wait for the feud between Raven and Vampiro because you know it's gonna be dark and fucked up as all hell if they let them go wild.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Solid show overall tonight.

~I don't like seeing Raven bald, obviously, but I'm glad they brought in Vamp for him to feud with. Could James Mitchell possibly have been a bit more careful with the clippers? Jesus, seeing that was more brutal than watching Shane Douglas wrestle for 20 minutes. Anyways, I do think Vamp and Raven could have a decent conflict.

~AJ/Lynn kicked ass, of course, so no complaints there.

~Glad to see Juvi back.

~They brought back Nosawa but not Teddy Hart? That's pretty sucky.

That's about it I guess.

Guest TNAPhillip

Well if they have patches things up then great and that only will help TNA as they know have eben more connections to great talent from Mexico and Japan. Am I the only one that wants to see Muta just one more time in America, going after the NWA World Title. AJ vs. Muta= :o) lol

I just read through the thread. Why did they bring in Jamal, to me that is just a waste of money. Tonights show seemed average by all of the accounts I have read here. How does Raven look with his head shaved?

Guest BrokenWings

Heh. I'm pretty sure in my subconscience I was thinking the same thing while typing that now that I think about it.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I probably would buy the hair as well, as long as it wasn't going for $20+

Hell, I would love to put Raven's hair next to my Buck Zummoff boombox, the photo of me of me with the Hennig family and Jerry Lynn's t-shirt from the Ecw PPV where he won the Title.

Mitchell should have been more careful with the clippers like DropToeHold said, since Raven bleeds almost every week now as it is. The last thing he needs is a huge cut on the top of his head, which could have probably turned into something serious. I also think TNA's stupid for stopping the Hair vs. Hair match between CM Punk and Raven in ROH, because a more talented wrestler would have at least done the honors of cutting Raven's hair if Raven lost.

Guest MikeSC
Well, personally I'm glad it turned out to be Vamp. I saw him a few times here recently in some matches from Mexico and on some old WCW tapes. I know he and Konnan supposedly have heat with each other but like most things in wrestling that could just be a story and they have worked it to make everyone believe it. Anyways pretty good show tonight and glad to see Vamp in TNA.

No offense, but I've NEVER seen the appeal of Vampiro. Nothing I've ever seen him in approached the level of impressing me whatsoever.

Then again, some still think that Douglas is a competent worker, so there is always no accounting for tastes.

-=Mike

Well, they brought back Juvi and I didn't see the show and Hart was supposed to be in the 6 man.

And Barron you know what my point is. Its the same point I have been making to you for the past 3 months.

This may sound absurd, but I think it was planned to have Mitchell "shave rough".

All the bleeding just added to the humiliation of losing his hair.

I know I am probably an hour late and two pages late, but the "Franchising" all over the ring was awesome.

No offense, but I've NEVER seen the appeal of Vampiro. Nothing I've ever seen him in approached the level of impressing me whatsoever.

Then again, some still think that Douglas is a competent worker, so there is always no accounting for tastes.

-=Mike

Considering he's...

--past a safe level of working stiffly.

--as evidenced by MANY wrestlers, a "locker room cancer".

--injury-prone.

--has heat with approximately 30% of either of the WWE or TNA roster.

--a prima-donna who only wants to be booked a certain way.

--as much into his own press clippings as Bret Hart circa 1998.

...well, since I guess he's a past project of Russo, I understand WHY he showed up.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I liked the show overall.

I don't mind Jamal as Siaki's bodyguard or something like that (or if he's a bumping heavyweight guy in the Headhunter tradition). The idea of a Samoan mafia angle appeals to me, but the matches would suck.

The 6 man was good, & appears to have started 2 angles that look reasonably good to me (Sabin/Shane & Kazarian/Juvi, since no one cares about Young yet). I'd have put Hart in Nosawa's spot though.

AJ/Lynn was awesome, just should have gone another 10 minutes, imo. It's probably the most credible win Styles has had as champ.

Raven/Douglas...well it was better than i thought. Say what you want about Raven, but the guy can hide (or at least dull) a lot of glaring shittyness in guys. Douglas sucked, of course, but the vomiting was...well, odd. He ok or is he fucked up or something?

Fuck Vampiro. Sure, he's better than Buchanan, but there's nothing special about the guy, imo. At least it wasn't Kurrgan. No matter what happens in wrestling, you can always say at least it wasn't Kurrgan.

I think TNA brings in guys like Jamal and Crash Holly just because Vince Russo wants to prove that he can get them over.

On that note...at least the guys (Jamal and Vampiro) fit who they are siding with.

Jamal and Siaki are both samoan...so they could run with that...and Vampiro obviously fits with Mitchell and the church.