TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Why can't EVEN MARKS......

Ya know, I am not sure why Shane gets all this praise for his bumps, even from Marks. Does anyone actually watch the actual bump? Shane isn't even ever attempting a wrestling move like a elbow drop or a leg drop, he is just jumping and bracing for a fall, which is in one word LAME. At least when New Jack did the balcony dives(in the early days) he actually attempted to make it look like he was doing something to cause damage to an opponent. Shane just gets up there, stands around for 30 seconds of glamour and then jumps so stupidly that all he is doing is bracing to fall on padding for his back. Fucking Lame.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I'll give Shane a 15 for the guts.

-30 for the fall

-4000 for making Kane look like soemthing in my toilet bowl.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Well it's easy to take those big huge bumps when you can disappear for 4-6 months before having to do another one instead of wrestling on a nightly basis.

Guest Ray
Why can't EVEN MARKS......, see through Shane's bumps?

BECAUSE THEY ARE MARKS.

A side note, I hate Shane McMahon. The bosses son wants to go out and play wrestler, which ruins all of Kane's heat. Shane killed off Kane as monster heel. Had Kane been kept strong, he could have possibly drawn something with Goldberg. No chance now.

Shane is a piece of crap who jumps off really high things to get attention for himself.

People Sky Dive and Bungee jump every day. So I guess they qualify to fill in for Shane's spots. Oh and he is not 30 ft high. That is so exaggerated. If you look where Shane is, as compared to how tall the ref is, you can see that. Camera Angles can help exaggerate the appearance.

Yeah if I was up there....and I knew how to properly land...and there were 18,000 people screaming...I'd do it to.

Hell I bet any one of us could have gone and had the exact same match with Kane. WHY? Because Shane has no talent and is basically a glorified backyarder.

How can you discredit his jumps? It takes guts to jump 25-30 feet into a giant air mattress.

No marks that I know take his jumps seriously, because they are so ridiculous looking.

It took more guts for Vic Grimes to fall off a 40 foot scaffold onto a stack of tables. Only problem was he almost missed the tables and his legs bounced off the ropes. I'd like to see Shane do that.

I won't say I had too many problems with the Last Man Standing match, but it completely killed the heat of the following Triple Threat match. I heard the guy in the upper deck sip his beer and yawn as RVD did a moonsault to the outside. It required a triple-deck powerbomb to wake up the crowd.

The other thing that bothers me is that you know he's going to do the big bump, so everything before it is superfluous. Shane might as well jump of the stage as a sideshow attraction and give the rest of the airtime to other matches.

Guest RollingSambos

I'm sick of Shane McMahon and his matches. My two favorite Shane matches have been vs. Test at SummerSlam '99, and vs. Kurt at KOTR 2001.

Why? Because his act was still fresh at SummerSlam '99 (he had only wrestled X-Pac at WM XV and he didn't do anything crazy in that match). He has done THREE suicidal flying elbows from the top rope through the announce table since August...one fucking month.

His match with Kurt was great because it was brutal and dramatic and entertaining without him taking his requisite "50-70" foot bump. Did he do a Van Terminator at KOTR? No. Did he jump off the TitanTron? No. Did he do the flying elbow through the announce table? No. All of his patented Shane-O-Mac bumps were missing, and it was the best match he's ever had.

I mean, how predictable is this guy now? We all know that he is going to jump off of the TitanTron, or off the top rope through the announce table, or off the top of a steel cage. He's like the Mick Foley of 2003, everybody is just waiting to see him kill himself.

At least his first big fall MADE SENSE...he was trying to get away from Blackman by climbing the TitanTron, Blackman caught him and knocked him off. Now his bumps just seems reckless and suicidal.

Shane McMahon IS Dangeresque in "Dangeresque 2: This Time, It's Not Dangeresque 1."

"Sup, Shane-o. You ready for your big match?"

"Sure am, Test. But I don't really know any moves. So I guess I'm gonna have to jump...!"

"Either give me a match, or electrocute my nuts!"

Guest Jim Ross

Fuck Shane, The rest of the Roster is being told to tone down their spots while Shane gets the Holy Shit moments.

Guest Jim Ross

Exactly, thats why Shane is only booked in Hardcore matches, Last Man Standing Matches and Streetfights. An environment where he doesnt have to wrestle.. just use chairs, Cameras, steel stairs and jump from a high altitude.

The only time you see him in a regular match is if he is tagged up with someone... and then its his partner that normally does the job.

Guys, are you nuts ? Shane is insane. Yesterday, he got beat in a hospital and had chocolate syrup....er.....blood poured into his mouth. And he will not breathe until he finally destroys Kane. Man, what a badass rebel that Shane McMahon is. *swoon*

-It's time he gets the fuck off my TV. Does anybody....ANYBODY....want to see this feud continued ? No, but that has never stopped any of the McMahons before.

In all honesty, I've only seen Vic Grimes wrestle once (on an XPW show I bought) but he took the nastiest bump I've ever seen in any wrestling show. If Shane took the same bump, he'd be dead. I'm not saying Vic Grimes is the best worker out there, but he certainly has my respect for his guts.

Guest Coffey

The only sick bump I've seen Vic Grimes take was because New Jack tossed his fat ass off the scaffold.

I still think it was payback for Grimes getting cold feet in ECW with New Jack. Jack went to leap and Grimes didn't go with him, so Jack just pulled his fat ass down with him. Grimes landed on top of New Jack and hurt him.

Both people were at fault I guess. Both are untalented....

Guest Coffey

Because the question of "will he get up this time" is always lingering in the back of your mind. It's like watching a trainwreck. You know that the big bump is coming, and you just want to see what type of toll it has on either man.

Maybe it's the same reason why I like Goldberg matches... I just want to see how badly he does.

And yeah, I'm just waiting for the day when New Jack goes too far and kills himself, and hopefully not his opponent as well in the process.

Guest Coffey

Well, I like Goldberg matches because he's an intense powerhouse that entertains me. His intensity is unmatched. Sometimes, after Goldberg hits a spear, his jumping and screaming makes me mark out bigger than shit.

I'm a fan of feats of strength I guess. I really marked out when Brock Lesnar hit the Big Show with the F-5 for the first time.

I'm not a fan of Hardcore/Garbage wrestling...which is odd because Raven is pretty much my favorite wrestler.

I think it's because Raven could always entertain me with his promos and storylines, and then his matches were at least average. Plus, I'm a huge mark for a good DDT.