TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Enterprise changed to Star Trek: Enterprise

It made no sense to leave out the Star Trek moniker before so it's good to see them putting it back in so people know that it's actually part of the franchise.

It made no sense to leave out the Star Trek moniker before so it's good to see them putting it back in so people know that it's actually part of the franchise.

That's so true. I thought it was an hour-long infomercial for the car rental company...

Guest EQ
Enterprise needs a miracle. Trek is dying.

I watched the show when it first came out, but I stopped for some reason. It was pretty cool, although I hear that now starting with season 3, the show has gotten a lot better.

Guest The Grand Pubah of 1620
Enterprise needs a miracle. Trek is dying.

I don't think that's true. I don't get to see Enterprise as often as I'd like to but it is a lot better then DS9, IMO. Not to mention that the last movie was the best in the series since Wrath. It isn't as alive as it was when TNG was going strong, but it's far from dying.

I've liked Enterprise so far, it's the only one I've gotten into besides TNG....

On another note I don't like the way they sped up the theme, the original slower version fit the video perfectly IMO.

Guest wrestlingbs

Next Gen gets the popularity, but DS9 was the best overall. Sisko owns all their white asses. They're not all perfect examples of the triumph of the human spirit, they're human. I remember one episode where Sisko sits down and confesses to planting evidence so the Romulans would help in the war. It added a whole new side to the guy.

Enterprise, IMO, is worse than the first season of Voyager. It's just not fun at all. Then again, I stopped being a fan so maybe that's just it.

Next Gen gets the popularity, but DS9 was the best overall.

Maybe.

You know, at least until the point when they started to quite shamelessly steal everything Joe Michael Stracyznski ever did on Babylon 5.

They're sort of doing it again, too - look at the plotline of "Crusade" and the new direction of Enterprise's season 3.

Guest SP-1

Yeah, because JMS is the only guy to ever have those ideas for a plot.

The Dominion War was a war set on a space station with Aliens. Now, don't get me wrong, JMS is a fantastic storyteller and writer, and I admire his comic work and enjoyed B5. But he didn't invent the space station wheel.

Yeah, because JMS is the only guy to ever have those ideas for a plot.

The Dominion War was a war set on a space station with Aliens. Now, don't get me wrong, JMS is a fantastic storyteller and writer, and I admire his comic work and enjoyed B5. But he didn't invent the space station wheel.

The similarities go FAR beyond just the basic plot.

They aped him. Pure and simple. In dozens of different ways.

The similarities go FAR beyond just the basic plot.

They aped him. Pure and simple. In dozens of different ways.

I'm sure that they did. But hey, I'm all for the sweeping arcs and long-term direction that the show took. That was a good thing.

When did B5 start, btw? relative to ST:TNG, that is.

Anyways, I caught a bit of ST:Enterprise, and it seems that they rehashed the TNG story where Geordi gets turned into an alien...

Guest SP-1

And I'm sure JMS was the first to ever come up with the plots and themes for B5. He may have had a distinctive way of applying them that can be copied, but the basic themes and elements have been around for quite a long time.

rolling my eyes at B5/Ds9 debate #3723764 (there is nothing any of you can or will say that has not been said twenty million times already)...

DS9 was easily the best Trek series...

and Star Trek is exactly where WWE is now. Ok, maybe where it was last year. Not much better, but only slightly. In terms of TV, in terms of the producers, in terms of ratings, quality, in terms of everything. it's almost scary.

Oh how I would kill for a Ira Steven Behr/Ron Moore Star Trek series instead of Berman and Braga. :phaser:

and Star Trek is exactly where WWE is now. Ok, maybe where it was last year. Not much better, but only slightly. In terms of TV, in terms of the producers, in terms of ratings, quality, in terms of everything. it's almost scary.

Braga = Steph?

When did B5 start, btw? relative to ST:TNG, that is.

TNG started actually airing in 1987.

JMS had Babylon 5 fleshed out and was pitching it to networks as early as the late 80s / early 90s. Long before DS9 was even conceived.

Guest wrestlingbs

A lot of people are questioning whether ST:E will last the average 7 seasons, or kill off the Star Trek franchise finally. Enterprise was supposed to be their fresh new start. Instead it's a letterbox boring piece of crap. Of course, some of the blame rests on DS9 getting kicked to the curb and Voyager failing to gain consistant interest like TNG did.