TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheBigCalbowski

The One and Only Dance Dance Revolution thread

Guest TheBigCalbowski

So I felt there should be a DDR thread here.

My favorite songs to play singles tech are Drop Out and Can't Stop Falling In Love (Speed mix)

My favorite songs to play doubles tech are www.Blonde Girl and So Deep

My favorite freestyle song is Cowgirl

I've got routines for Heaven is a 57 Metallic Grey and Cartoon Heroes in progress.

Aaaah I hate Cowgirl! Eeew! :)

It'd be hard to list all the songs I love playing single. CFSiL Speed, So Deep, R+P, Exotic Ethnic, Waka Laka, Destiny Lovers, Breakdown, Tsugaru, Tsugaru Apple, Burning Heat, Cartoon Heroes, Sakura, Max300... Yeah. DDREx has too many good songs.

I'm a relative doubles scrub, but I love the easy speed mixes (Dam Dariram, If You Were Here, Hero), CSFiL Speed, So Deep and Dropout because it impresses bystanders, heh.

I don't freestyle, I have no creativity. :(

I bought DDRMax2 today and it feels like I paid $10 each for Breakdown, So Deep, Tsugaru and Burning Heat. Oh well, I knew that before I bought it. I'm really looking forward to DDRExJ, because I love the new DDREx songs and the songlist is just totally stacked. 94 songs before unlocks, including all the 10 footers... wow.

Guest TheBigCalbowski

I'm waiting for my copy of Max 2 to ship to me since I bought it on Ebay a couple days ago.

Guest TheBigCalbowski

Oh yeah, DDR at MIT is always fun cause whenever someone picks a song with lyrics, there's always gonna be people playing Karaoke Karaoke Revolution. 'specially if they're one of my fellow Team Rival members.

Hooray, DDR thread!

I've been playing for over two years now, since I encountered a 3rd Mix machine at my local Gameworks. Since then, I've been lucky enough to play every arcade version save for Max and the Solo versions, although 4th+ is still my absolute favorite out of all of them. Extreme and 5th tie for second.

Favorite Single Songs: Jam Jam Reggae, Last Message, Air, The Least 100 Seconds (though the steps are a bit annoying), Hero (Happy Grandale Mix), I Believe in Miracles, Hot Limit, If You Can Say Goodbye.

Way too many too list, but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

I'm picking this up on Sunday, but in the meantime, could somebody tell me if Butterfly somehow got into this game? This is the first song I ever played for DDR and my mad skillz helped me pick up a girlfriend. :)

Sorry, but neither version of Buttefly got in there. The rest of the songlist more than makes up for it, however.

I don't think any Smile.dk song has ever been in an American mix, because Konami really doesn't like paying for liscensed songs for the US version. Bastards.

But yeah, I'm enjoying DDRMax2 more than I thought I would. There's a lot of good stuff in there, and it's fun unlocking everything. My main gripes are that there are way too many repeats/remixes of bad songs, and that the American exclusives have weak steps. But it's still a fun mix.

Guest TheBigCalbowski
I'm picking this up on Sunday, but in the meantime, could somebody tell me if Butterfly somehow got into this game? This is the first song I ever played for DDR and my mad skillz helped me pick up a girlfriend. :)

You can always get your PS2 modded and buy import Japanese versions if you want Butterfly.

I miss play Butterfly (Upswing Mix) a whole lot. I wanna try it on doubles.

I think I just might, after all, I already got the fliptop. You know which specific title(s) by chance? Also I'm assuming that my gamepads will work on import, right? Thanks for your help.

Actually, Konami loves paying for licensed songs, there are 19 in DDRMAX2. Butterfly and any other smile.dk song won't appear in any other DDR because smile.dk themselves said they didn't want to be a part of DDR anymore. There were steps ready to go for Doo-Be-Di-Boy for DDRMAX 6th Mix, but they got canned at the last second.

Then again, Dancing All Alone sucked ass.

I think I just might, after all, I already got the fliptop.  You know which specific title(s) by chance?  Also I'm assuming that my gamepads will work on import, right?  Thanks for your help.

Wait for Extreme. It comes out on October 9th and has one hell of a songlist, along with Oni Mode. And yes, the pads will work. :)

I, uh... I play... at the arcade... and... yea...

I'd buy a home version, but I have absolutely no clue which version is the best, and I also hear that decent pads are expensive as hell. Anyone know where to get a quality one for cheap?

Guest TheBigCalbowski
I think I just might, after all, I already got the fliptop. You know which specific title(s) by chance? Also I'm assuming that my gamepads will work on import, right? Thanks for your help.

First you gotta figure a way to play import PS1 games. I don't know how to do that with the fliptop cover. And either 1st or 2nd mix will get you Butterfly (original) and 3rd mix will get you the upswing mix.

And the gamepads are universal along with memory cards so it'll work.

After 2 and a half years of playing this game, I have grown utterly tired of it...and the LAST thing they need to do is come out with ANOTHER mix...they need to wrap this series up and move on to something new...thank god for ParaPara Paradise and Beatmania...

Dub I Dub, Dynamite Rave, I Believe In Miracles, If You Were Here, My Fire, and Stomp To My Beat are my all time favorite DDR songs.

Heh Konami has moved on to many new things, there's tons of different Bemani games and several mixes of most of them. There's no reason for them to stop DDR, though. I doubt I'll ever get tired of the gameplay. The only thing I get tired of are the mixes, and as long as they keep making good new ones, there'll always be a reason for me to keep playing.

Guest TheBigCalbowski

Extreme is actually the final one being that it's no longer profitable for Konami.

Is that actually true? I heard some rumor about a 9th Mix that would supposedly be two DVDs and about 600 songs, but I have no idea of the truth of that. Did Konami officially confirm that 8th Mix would be the last one?

That's not true. Konami has said pretty much the exact opposite, that DDR is still successful enough to continue producing arcade mixes.

About the whole 2 DVD/600 Song thing, I dunno. But at the very least, Konami wants to make a 9th Mix, and more than likely will.

Guest TheBigCalbowski

Or last report I heard was that it was the last mix.

Hey if there's a 9th mix coming out, then I'm eager to see what new freestyle routines I could come up with.

Admittedly, I've moved on to other games for the most part, but DDR is still a regular game on my playlist whenever I go to the arcade. I've practiced to the point where I know where my physical limits are in the game in terms of what I can and cannot beat, so I usually just freestyle to the best of my abilities whenever I play now.

I wish my local arcade would just fix their DrumMania already...damn dickweed teenagers coming in and breaking the sensors by slamming on the pads as hard as possible...grrrr....

Extreme WAS indeed supposed to be the last mix. However, DDR Party Mix, which is like bets hits 2, is hitting Japan soon. So is Extreme Console Version. Europe has Dancing Stage Unleashed, and US has Ultramix, both for Xbox. Ultramix is a must buy JUST for Castles in the Sky by Ian Van Dahl, one of the greatest trance hits of all time.

And I'm willing to bet there will be more DDR, but I hope Konami of America releases Beatmania before DDR Extreme US.

Guest evenflowDDT

I've always liked DDR because, all jokes about us white people sucking aside, it's always been easy to pick up and play. It's simple, and it's physical...I've used it in lieu of an exercise routine before. I just wished I had access to it on a regular basis (I can't afford to pay for it at the local arcade; I actually bought an adapter/pads for my hax0red DWI w/ 500+ songs, but not only are my pads shit, but I can't play anyway because I don't want to piss off my downstairs neighbors). I can still do most songs on Trick/Standard, but I've lost all sense of stamina...sweating after just one song, and feeling terrible thirst and even occasionally cramps after a measly 3-song set.