TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

You know what's sorta bothering me? All these Braves fans acting like beating the Cubs should be no big deal. Yeah it's tied right now, but good pitching and defense prevails in the postseason and that's why the Cubs are up 2-1 in the series. The pitching from Atlanta has been very good, but the Cubs' has been better. The Cubs' D has been surprisingly good in the series, while Atlanta's has been pretty bad. Clement's struggling right now, but as I see it, he's doing quite well when you consider that he, being the number four starter is still hanging with the best team in the NL's number one guy.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

If pitching and defense prevails, how come Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz and Co. only have 1 ring? Quit convincing yourself you're the best just because you have pitching. This one ain't over yet.

Especially if we start hitting.

If pitching and defense prevails, how come Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz and Co. only have 1 ring? Quit convincing yourself you're the best just because you have pitching. This one ain't over yet.

Especially if we start hitting.

I'm not, but you can't deny that pitching and defense usually prevail over good offense in the postseason, simply because good pitching usually shuts down good offense.

Clement's clearly not on today, although he was hanging for a while and now it's looking like we may be going back to Atlanta tomorrow night. Oh well, most were saying the Cubs would go down in four games.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I'm not talking smack, but pitching and defense doesn't always prevail. Bob Costas put it the best during same game long ago, "In the postseason, sometimes hitting wins and sometimes pitching wins,"

I agree, but I never said it always prevails. It usually does and I think that in this series at least, it has. Clement was the first Cubs pitcher in the series to not pitch that well, and thus he's on the losing end at the moment.

Guest Smues

Fuck the Cubs. I know they're gonna win because god hates me, but I'm am SO sick of the media blow job the cubs have gotten every day since the season has ended. Chicago this Chicago that Baker this, Sosa that. 1989 this 1908 that. DIE CUBS DIE.

What the hell is wrong with you? You sound like I did at my absolute worst. If the Braves end up losing, that means God hates YOU? What about the entire Braves team and the people associated with it (manager, coaches, etc.). If they lose it won't be because God hates you.

And so what if the Cubs are getting attention from the media? They haven't made the playoffs in how long? So why wouldn't they get some attention. What are they going to say about the Braves? They're there every year and they get their due credit, so quit acting like they're getting the shaft or something.

If the media were all over the knob of the Braves, I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining.

Cubs pitching is better than the Braves', but the Braves offense is better. Clemment has been the off/on pitcher for the Cubs this year and well..

I think the best matchup (barring some miracle comebacks by the Twins/Boston) for the World Series would be Yankees vs Cubs. The sad thing is Im not sure if the Cubs could beat the Marlins..

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the Yankees played and lost to two of the four recent expansion teams in the World Series (Diamondbacks/Marlins) but a Yankees Marlins World Series wouldn't be nearly as captivating as Yankees Cubs.

Well, Glanville basically fails in his role, and I can't imagine why he wasn't bunting. It's all about manufacturing runs and that's not what was going on here. The homer got the crowd back into it, but that DP may have taken them out of it.

Braves resort to playing dirty!

Hear those A$$hole chants..

And give Eric Karros an academy award for most dramatic performance...but that was still not called for by Fick. He didn't need to flail his arm like that. He was out by a mile.

What a piece of shit. You're winning the game and YOU ground out, yet you're going to try and pull a stunt like that? I like Fick's intensity most of the time, but that play disgusted me.

That Karros homer hurts when you think that had Chipper not hit those two homeruns himself, the Cubs would be in this one and looking to win right here.

At least they've given Atlanta all they can handle and haven't completely choked like the Sox have. I flipped over to see Manny fail at another chance to drive in some runs and then Ortiz striking out to end the small rally they had going.