TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

OH MY GOD stop beating that home run call into the ground. It was three innings ago.

Im actually loving it, the fact that the guy might have pulled a Jeffrey Meier for the Sox even though it looks like he didn't.

I can finally put the Jeffrey Meier thing to bed after 7 long years...

Guest Choken One

What happened the kid anyways? I mean is he in protective custody or something?

Guest Choken One
That has to be the most apathetic reaction ever to a homerun.

Steve Lyons: That hot dogging no good clown! Show some class!

Guest Choken One

Yeah...Figures that leaving bases loaded leading 11-0 would bite the cubbies in the ass...

Guest Bobby Cox is God
His park-adjusted ERA was still 30% better than the league average for his entire career. Even accounting for his home park, he had an ERA of 2.04 or less for his final four seasons. That's an absurd statistic.

He's one of the five best lefties of all time, along with Grove, Carlton, Spahn and probably Johnson.

I can live with that. Some people like to call him the best of ALL time. He's clearly not the best of all time. Top 5 in the lefty category is fine, but he's not a top 5 pitcher of all time.

Fox are Yankee Loving motherfuckers...

Choken, you just now realized that? They've been that way since 1996.

Anyway...wow. Thank God for an 11-spot for the Cubs. The damn Marlins never quit. This Cabrera guy looks like he might be a really fine ballplayer one day.

I say let Prior get out of this inning and then go to the pen. No need to overwork him and you should get the pen some innings. Remlinger in the 7th, Farns in the 8th and maybe 9th since it prolly won't be a save situation.

Anyway...wow.  Thank God for an 11-spot for the Cubs.  The damn Marlins never quit.  This Cabrera guy looks like he might be a really fine ballplayer one day.

And that presents the question--who do the Marlins stick with, Lowell or Cabrera?

Anyway, something I forgot to note is that if the Marlins had taken advantage of even half of their scoring chances in this game, we may have something resembling a game. Not to say it's over yet, but Prior's been far from himself tonight and had the Marlins gotten to him early, this may be a different game.

And funny how the announcers spend so much time talking about how weak the Cubs outfielders are (which isn't to say that they aren't pretty average) and then Alou makes that boss throw to get the odd double-play.

Take Prior out and let him rest. If your bullpen can't hold a nine run lead, then its probably not your year anyway.

I agree wholeheartedly

Wierd factoid..

The Jeffrey Meier thing was 7 years ago tomorrow (October 9, 1996)

Oh, don't think Fox won't talk about it. They'll jam a segment on it in the pregame show right after they talk about the Bambino's curse again.

Guest Bobby Cox is God
Take Prior out and let him rest. If your bullpen can't hold a nine run lead, then its probably not your year anyway.

Stranger things have happend.

Guest Choken One
Why couldn't Prior have pitched like this aganist us? :(

You guys would have choked anyways...Be glad Prior made it easier on you guys...

Guest Wildbomb 4:20

5-0. Timmy Wakefield pitches a dominant game so far. Absolutely fantastic. GO SOX!

Guest Choken One

2-12.

If they want to save this series...Wood and Willis better be "ON"...

Hopefully Wood can stand the AWESOME power of 61,000 screaming Die Hard Band Wagon Jumping Fans

Bandwagoner: "Go Dolphins!"

Real Fan (all 11 of them): Uh it's the Marlins actually..

Bandwagoner: Is Not! I know so! I've watched these guys since 19811 I am a REAL fan damn it!

Real Fan: Riight...BEER PLEASE!

I absolutely loved the part where they talked to a guy who was apparently an "eyewitness" and then when they showed the replay after, HE WAS SITTING BEHIND THE POLE LOOKING THE OTHER WAY!! They gave him the tag "'Objective' Yankee Fan."

Guest Choken One

Wow. Just fucking Wow.

Fox has the Playoffs HOW much longer?

I'd take Costa's overly traditionalistic whiny criticisms at this point...at least he knows the game...