TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

I heard on the radio today that the tv ratings for the LCS series are up 51% over last year. Bravo for that, I say.

Question: Is the ratings bump due to:

A) the good/great baseball being played

B) the Cubs' run

C) the Red Sox/Yankees series

D) some combination of the three

For me personally, the Cubs are the main factor, though I usually watch the LCS every year regardless of who's playing.

Oh, and Bruiser is right on. Cubs/Marlins is the first series in a couple of years to really grab my attention and not let go. What great games they're playing.

Cubs, Sox and Yankess are big markets.

The possibility of a Cubs vs. Sox WS is interesting to even casual fans.

The Marlins represent a good story.

Yea those 12-3 and 8-3 Chi-town wins were REAL exciting.

At least the Sox games have all been close and nail-biting.

That might be the case but to me all the Sox games are dull. Don't know why but i can't get into them.

Games 1 and 3 from Cubs/Marlins > than any Sox game

I heard on the radio today that the tv ratings for the LCS series are up 51% over last year. Bravo for that, I say.

Question: Is the ratings bump due to:

A) the good/great baseball being played

B) the Cubs' run

C) the Red Sox/Yankees series

D) some combination of the three

For me personally, the Cubs are the main factor, though I usually watch the LCS every year regardless of who's playing.

Oh, and Bruiser is right on. Cubs/Marlins is the first series in a couple of years to really grab my attention and not let go. What great games they're playing.

First off, the Red Sox and Cubs long chase gives the casual fan a plot line they can follow. Then, you have games that have been nothing short of spectacular to hold their interest.

Yea those 12-3 and 8-3 Chi-town wins were REAL exciting.

At least the Sox games have all been close and nail-biting.

I dunno, man. I was able to give my nails a break from all that biting during all the bullshit that's come with this series.

I want the Sox to make it to the WS, but they haven't played like a WS team in this series. They should be up 2-1 in this series, IMO, but they couldn't take care of good scoring opportunities.

I usually get into their matchups, but this series has been memorable for all the wrong reasons. The actual baseball has been almost like a sideshow attraction next to the three-ring circus of the Dominican Repulican taking down a senior citizen, the Amazing Double Pump Fisting Groundskeeper with cleat marks in the back, and the always sensational frisking of the pitchers. We just need big Stein to come out on stilts in the clown getup to make this deal complete.

Guest Choken One

Beantown better have a poster saying

"DO NOT LET THIS MAN IN!"

With a picture of Wells smilling face under it...

Guest Choken One

good thing it's a day game since Wells wont have time get rid of that hangover...

Memo to Grady Little:

PLAY TODD WALKER TOMORROW!!!!

Really, I don't care if Jackson is margially better on defense, this guy has hit 5 or 6 HRs in the postseason so far.