TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

People will watch because 90% of baseball fans hate the Yankees and want to see them lose.

Just like they came out in droves to see Yanks/Mets and Yanks/Padres. Oh wait...

The Yankees get X-Pac (get the hell off my tv heat) rather than "I want you to lose heat".

People will watch because 90% of baseball fans hate the Yankees and want to see them lose.

No, no, you're overestimating that. I am as passionate as a Yankee Hater can possibly get, and I will not be tuning into a second of the World Series. I'm sure many will be doing the same thing because the fact is, Yanks and Marlins just aren't on the same level.

Guest Choken One

Just like they came out in droves to see Yanks/Mets and Yanks/Padres. Oh wait...

The Yankees get X-Pac (get the hell off my tv heat) rather than "I want you to lose heat".

No one cared about The other New York team anyways and SD is a horrible market if there ever was one.

But Arizona drew big ratings...although most wanted Yankees to win that time around.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

This was a hit that will live in infamy...bigger than Kirk Gibson, bigger then Charlton Fisk, bigger than Reggie. Almost bigger than Joe Carter...because this game was the World Series. Who cares thats the Yanks play the Marlins, THIS WAS IT! The Marlins may win, but this series was so great, so important.

And to the Little bashers, he asked Pedro if he wanted to leave, he said no, so Little kept him. Blame Pedro.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

so for those of you who will actually watch it, what do you guys think about the WS.

After this game I think the Marlins have a chance to jump out to an early lead.

Guest Choken One

No, no, you're overestimating that. I am as passionate as a Yankee Hater can possibly get, and I will not be tuning into a second of the World Series. I'm sure many will be doing the same thing because the fact is, Yanks and Marlins just aren't on the same level.

I like Baseball and I love Pudge and McKeon so I'll watch but I wont be as passionate as I would be been if either Chic or Boston were there

Its amazing how the Red Sox disgusting antics to the A's made me a rabid Sox hater. This was karma. It would only have been better if Lowe was pitching.

Yeah, they aren't on the same level. I think the Marlins have more heart and determination to win the game than the Yankees do.

Guest Choken One
This was a hit that will live in infamy...bigger than Kirk Gibson, bigger then Charlton Fisk, bigger than Reggie. Almost bigger than Joe Carter...because this game was the World Series. Who cares thats the Yanks play the Marlins, THIS WAS IT! The Marlins may win, but this series was so great, so important.

And to the Little bashers, he asked Pedro if he wanted to leave, he said no, so Little kept him. Blame Pedro.

Pitchers NEVER say Yeah sure...

Blame Little's poor judgment.

I thought the Yankees were finish. But damn, just like the Cubs the Sox needed 5 outs and they couldn't get it done.

I'm glad the Yankees won -- I didn't want to see Perdo or Manny anywhere near the WS.

This year I've found myself rooting for the Yankees after so many years rooting against them.

Guest Choken One

Nah...Baker should first...he did this TWICE.

The players love Little too much it seems.

No you don't blame Pedro. It is Little's job to say you are getting the fuck off the mound.

If you're a team player, you would say you are getting fatigued. All I am saying is don't completely blame Little. And whats with red Sox fans always having to blame someone? You fucking lost...deal with it....its not anyone's fault.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I remember in 1998 Torre forced Wells to leave the field...so he through the ball into the stands...pissed off Steinbrenner...

So ya, it's the managers fault because he should have taken Pedro out. But...

FUCK PEDRO MARTINEZ!

Yankees OWNED His ass!!

Well...after watching the first 2 rounds I've seen some of the best baseball of my life...and only a couple bad games.

So to turn on an amazing postseason because you don't like the team is "funny".

I watch the SuperBowl with shitty teams...and more often than not that game is bad.

Game 7. World Series on the line. Shouldn't be Pedro's decision anymore. You have to take it into your own hands, as the manager, and make a well-informed decison. Little didn't do that. He's probably scared shitless of Pedro so he let him make the decison. And Pedro, having the unbelievably inflated ego that he has, wouldn't have left the game for anything. So he wound up blowing it. Seriously, almost NO pitcher would have left the game at that point. Little has to stand up as the manager and make an important decision. But he didn't, and he is chiefly responsible for the loss tonight.

The blame is on Grady Little. If Pedro says "no," then he's labeled as a quitter.

In Ken Burns' documentary, negro league player Buck O'Neill (one of baseball's all time great guys) mentions Casey Stengel's knack for taking his pitchers out.

I thought the Yankees were finish. But damn, just like the Cubs the Sox needed 5 outs and they couldn't get it done.

I'm glad the Yankees won -- I didn't want to see Perdo or Manny anywhere near the WS.

This year I've found myself rooting for the Yankees after so many years rooting against them.

Thats exactly how I feel. I can't stand Pedro or Manny...they are complete jagoffs. Add Derek Lowe to that list.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I'd be more worried that the Sox finish every game with Veritek and Walker on the bench.

But seriously, Dusty did the same thing with his pitcher YESTERDAY. Read a paper.

Guest Choken One
I remember in 1998 Torre forced Wells to leave the field...so he through the ball into the stands...pissed off Steinbrenner...

So ya, it's the managers fault because he should have taken Pedro out. But...

FUCK PEDRO MARTINEZ!

Yankees OWNED His ass!!

If Yankees OWNED pedro...then I guess boston raped Clemens...

Yanks in 5. America snoozes. Another blackeye for this league.

The thing that really pisses me off, was for the 70s, 80s and early 90s this league was awesome, but it just died after the strike. It needs a hard cap to survive.