TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Sure, you don't want it to the level of football.

However, right now, it's absurd that some teams have no chance to even get halfway to where the Yankees are. Why was there such a backlash against contraction? At this point, you'd might as well cut out half of the MLB's teams because they'll never make the series.

I agree that this year was great, but this is the exception, not the rule.

Guest Choken One

Small Market teams have shown they CAN compete with the right players (Oak, Min) and big maket teams with big contracts shown that they will suck year in and year out (NYM, LA, Balt)...

Its all about who has the best coaching and best scouting.

Sure, you don't want it to the level of football.

However, right now, it's absurd that some teams have no chance to even get halfway to where the Yankees are. Why was there such a backlash against contraction? At this point, you'd might as well cut out half of the MLB's teams because they'll never make the series.

I agree that this year was great, but this is the exception, not the rule.

How much of a chance did the Mets have? They started the year with all kinds of high priced talent.

You still need a GM to do his job.

And look at the MARLINS! They have Pudge.

You want to help the competitive nature of the game, they should create a salary floor. Instead of small market owners putting the revenue sharing money in their pocket, make them put it back into the team.

Exactly, a salary cap would not work in basball because at least 6-8 owners would still not spend any money.

NFL: everybody but Arizona fans goes to games. In baseball owners will only spend money AFTER peeps come to the stadium.

But when you only have a 5-6 year window with any prospect, what's the fucking point? You KNOW you're going to lose them after a few years on the team, right after they have their big season and bring you to the brink, but not quite over it.

You talk about the A's and the Twins, but how many Series' have they won in the last 5 years?

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Last Year was THE most uninteresting World Series I've watched in the 13 years I've watched baseball...

ANAHIEM v. SAN FRANCISCO?! Who do I hate LESS?

Be thankfull they actually have 4 teams from each Leauge in the playoffs. from 1994 and earlier only 2 division leaders each.

And wheres the Braves hate? They've controled the NL East for 11-12 years and been i the playoffs EVERY year, but no one complains...But I don't read every page so I don't care anyway.

I believe the Marlins have a excellent shot at beating the Yanks. They weren't supposed to beat the Giants. They werent supposed to beat the Cubs -- especially with Prior & Wood going 6 & 7. I'm sure most will say they have not shot at NY. But seeing how both teams have played in the playoffs, right now IMO, the Marlins are *gasp* the better all around team.

Except when most of them are losing money year after year...

According to every independant analysis (including Forbes magazine), baseball is NOT losing money. Its called tricky accounting. Baseball teams are making plenty of money.

Guest Choken One
Last Year was THE most uninteresting World Series I've watched in the 13 years I've watched baseball...

Be thankfull they actually have 4 teams from each Leauge in the playoffs. from 1994 and earlier only 2 division leaders each.

And wheres the Braves hate? They've controled the NL East for 11-12 years and been i the playoffs EVERY year, but no one complains...But I don't read every page so I don't care anyway.

we've bitched enough about the braves in the early pages...

Guest The Real Nosferatu

we've bitched enough about the braves in the early pages...

Thank You for saving me 118 pages to read.

I'll admit, Cubs/Red Sox was what I wanted to see, being something impossible to most to believe would happen.

But I still had to route for my team.

Ignore bad spelling, its almost 1:00 and I've been going nuts from 9:30-12:30.

YES!  YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

AARON FUCKING BOONE!

What an inspiring Yankee fan you are. First 6 innings was "Yankee suck tonight. Woe is me. End the Game." Now, after you've showed absolutely no fucking confidence in your team, you're going to celebrate.

Ah, fair-weather, front-running fan you are, my friend. Congratulations, you are part of the 90% of front-running Yankee fans. How soon until you start counting the gloom and doom in the Marlins series?

Stop crying.

I was crying over the Knicks in NBA (probably the worst team) and say they'd lose when they'd come back. How is that front running? It's being realistic.

Yankees played like SHIT the first 5 or so innings. I'm not going to say they didn't because the score card said 2 hits I think for them, while the Sox had 7 or 8.

I grew up in New England (though I hate the area with an unbridled passion and now consider myself from North Carolina, where I go to school) and the rampant negativity of the area has rubbed off onto me.

I'm an emotional person, and what I do or say is often emotion fueled. Nixon's shot last night in the top of the ninth had me throw a desk through a wall. Roger being off his game had me damning his soul to hell. Ortiz's shot crushed my spirit, flat and simple.

I honestly thought that the Yanks were done. They came back in the eighth.

I thought Rivera was out of gas towards the end of the 10th, and him going back out in the 11th was suicide.

I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past 4 1/2 hours. I'm sweaty, tired, and finally coming down from my high.

I can't say I'm one of those people who never lose hope, because I am one of those people who do lose hope. But I'm glad for the Yanks for winning, and I'm glad I never completly abandoned the bandwagon.

If that makes me a complete asshole, a pathetic human being, and a disgrace towards humanity, let it be.

According to every independant analysis (including Forbes magazine), baseball is NOT losing money. Its called tricky accounting. Baseball teams are making plenty of money.

BASEBALL isn't, but individual teams ARE.

That's why you need profit sharing.

Guest The Real Nosferatu
YES!  YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

AARON FUCKING BOONE!

What an inspiring Yankee fan you are. First 6 innings was "Yankee suck tonight. Woe is me. End the Game." Now, after you've showed absolutely no fucking confidence in your team, you're going to celebrate.

Ah, fair-weather, front-running fan you are, my friend. Congratulations, you are part of the 90% of front-running Yankee fans. How soon until you start counting the gloom and doom in the Marlins series?

Stop crying.

I was crying over the Knicks in NBA (probably the worst team) and say they'd lose when they'd come back. How is that front running? It's being realistic.

Yankees played like SHIT the first 5 or so innings. I'm not going to say they didn't because the score card said 2 hits I think for them, while the Sox had 7 or 8.

I grew up in New England (though I hate the area with an unbridled passion and now consider myself from North Carolina, where I go to school) and the rampant negativity of the area has rubbed off onto me.

I'm an emotional person, and what I do or say is often emotion fueled. Nixon's shot last night in the top of the ninth had me throw a desk through a wall. Roger being off his game had me damning his soul to hell. Ortiz's shot crushed my spirit, flat and simple.

I honestly thought that the Yanks were done. They came back in the eighth.

I thought Rivera was out of gas towards the end of the 10th, and him going back out in the 11th was suicide.

I've been on an emotional roller coaster for the past 4 1/2 hours. I'm sweaty, tired, and finally coming down from my high.

I can't say I'm one of those people who never lose hope, because I am one of those people who do lose hope. But I'm glad for the Yanks for winning, and I'm glad I never completly abandoned the bandwagon.

If that makes me a complete asshole, a pathetic human being, and a disgrace towards humanity, let it be.

I thought I was standing up for you....unless all comments were directed toward OlympicHeroRVD.

Guest thrall585

Grady Little is on the phone with that kid in Chicago to see if he wants to split the rent on a beach house in Florida.

BASEBALL isn't, but individual teams ARE.

That's why you need profit sharing.

No they aren't. I'd like to see a single report that says baseball teams are losing money that DON'T use MLB's "numbers."

Guest The Real Nosferatu

If I had a camera, I woulda put myself on here to show how uptight I was for most of the game. (I smashed my hands into the ceiling fan as Boone hit the homer)

I also think that the Marlins can win this series. The Yankees will expect nothing out of them and then they will be surprised like everyone else was. I'm glad the Red Sox didn't win for selfish reasons,although in the grander scheme of things I would have liked them in it.

I do think the Red Sox had a better chance of beating the Marlins though.

We could be looking at WS title number two in 10 years.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

I think the only player (of the YANKEES) I booed was Alfonso Soriano. The guy struck out FOUR TIMES TO THE SAME PITCHER!!

I had to keep down on scremaing because I was the only person awake to watch the win, so I can't scream "OM F'n G! THE YANKEES WIN! WOOO!!!!" So I jumped about like a Monkey.