TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

so for those of you who will actually watch it, what do you guys think about the WS.

After this game I think the Marlins have a chance to jump out to an early lead.

I'm excited. Like I said earlier, I think Florida will win, but this a good matchup. Hopefully we see a continuation of the great postseason so far.

As for Game 1 itself. Wells vs Penny. I like Florida. Wells a LH against a RH heavy Marlin lineup. I think Florida will hit Wells.

One final thing when will Game 7 be on ESPN Classic?

That doesn't change anything.

I don't bs much about stuff on this board, but I think I have a legitimate gripe here. I think its perfectly ok to start a new thread considering its an entirely new round. Hell, its the WORLD SERIES> Nobody rememberts the league championships. Its all about the big title. There should've been separate threads for each series.

Well...

being as much of a Red Sox fan as I am, and have been since the first time I ever watched a baseball game, I cannot be upset with what happened tonight.

People can sit here and complain about the Manager, the players, the umpires, or whatever else they wanna bitch about...but the fact is tonight's game was everything a baseball fan could ask for in a game between the two best teams in the league.

I will root the Yankees on in the Series because they deserve to be there. This Boston team was a special team to me and they are definitely one of the best teams I have ever watched day in and day out. New York deserves to represent the AL in the Series by beating out what was a team equal to them. The game was great, the series itself was wonderful, and the whole playoffs this year have brought alot of baseball fans back to the game...so you won't find me making excuses and explanations of why things happened. Things happened the way they happened because they were supposed to happen the way they happened.

Since when was this a One and Only thread?

This is a OAO thread, but nobody bothered putting that into the topic title.

The NBA Finals didn't get its own thread so this isn't the first time dicussion about a major sport event was held within a OAO thread.

That's because it wasn't started as a playoff thread, it was started well before the playoffs. I think the World Series is a championship unto itself, with its own rich history. As such, it deserves its own thread. I don't think it HURTS anyone to have a World Series thread. The discussion was starting to flow.

Guest MentallyNormal

The baseball gods disguised as a sexy woman tease you with her sultry looks. She slowly undresses, revealing her bosom and curvaceous hips. She begins to touch you and tease your man hood.

You’re so excited she has come to visit you unexpectedly.

Your thinking man I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful sexy woman.

In you’re mind you whisper "FUCK YEAH I'M GETTIN SOME TONIGHT!"

Then an abrupt knock at the door. A large man dressed in a suit made of gold breaks the door down.

He grabs the woman, an immediately she turns to gold and then he just laughs at you in that evil maniacal way.

You sit their in astonishment, while holding your limp man hood, while the golden suited man leaves with his golden woman and trails of gold dust follow them.

You run out the door too see where they have gone and all you see is a golden hat on the floor. You pick it up and there on the front of the cap in big gold letters "NY".

DAMN YANKEES!!

Come on Marlins!! Pleaase!!

Guest FrigidSoul
The baseball gods disguised as a sexy woman tease you with her sultry looks. She slowly undresses, revealing her bosom and curvaceous hips. She begins to touch you and tease your man hood.

You’re so excited she has come to visit you unexpectedly.

Your thinking man I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful sexy woman.

In you’re mind you whisper "FUCK YEAH I'M GETTIN SOME TONIGHT!"

Then an abrupt knock at the door. A large man dressed in a suit made of gold breaks the door down.

He grabs the woman, an immediately she turns to gold and then he just laughs at you in that evil maniacal way.

You sit their in astonishment, while holding your limp man hood, while the golden suited man leaves with his golden woman and trails of gold dust follow them.

You run out the door too see where they have gone and all you see is a golden hat on the floor. You pick it up and there on the front of the cap in big gold letters "NY".

DAMN YANKEES!!

Come on Marlins!! Pleaase!!

does the Big Gold man stutter while the gold woman is lowered to doing nothing but backstage interviews?

I bet Steinbrenner buys Billy the Marlin by the end of the series

Considering Billy the Marlin doesn't work for Florida anymore. I would be pretty funny if the Yankees brought him up for Game 1 with full Yankee gear on.

I bet Steinbrenner buys Billy the Marlin by the end of the series

Considering Billy the Marlin doesn't work for Florida anymore. I would be pretty funny if the Yankees brought him up for Game 1 with full Yankee gear on.

And then Billy the Marlin reveals his true identity:

orestes_destrade2.jpg

SWERVE~

Six hours later and I'm slightly less pissed off as I was last night.

On one hand, I try to take the mature high road on the issue ("It's just a game, don't take it seriously"), but on the other, I have to deal with the Yankees in the WS, and the only thing worse than the Yankees: smug Yankee fans (consisting mostly of yuppies and teen fangirls who want to ride Jeter)

As a both a Reds and a Red Sox fan, having Arron Boone end the game hurt double for me

Better get the immaturity out of my system now:

Fuck the fucking Yankees

Fuck Yankee fans

Fuck Arron Fucking Boone

Go Marlins

I remember when people thought he was going to be the next Cecil Fielder. Who had just hit 51 HR's the previous season, after playing in Japan.

After Cecil Fielder, every time a player came back from Japan, people thought he would break out.

Being a Reds fan, I was more happy to see Boone hit the HR than anyone else on the Yankees. He deserved it, especially with the way the fans have apparently shit on him since he got there.

Guest The Real Nosferatu
Being a Reds fan, I was more happy to see Boone hit the HR than anyone else on the Yankees. He deserved it, especially with the way the fans have apparently shit on him since he got there.

Agreed. Aaron Boone has been shat upon since he became a Yankee. I guess he earned the stripes tonight.

BTW, AWESOME Avatar. I always bust out laughing no matter how many times I see it.

Guest Choken One
Being a Reds fan, I was more happy to see Boone hit the HR than anyone else  on the Yankees.  He deserved it, especially with the way the fans have apparently shit on him since he got  there.

Agreed. Aaron Boone has been shat upon since he became a Yankee. I guess he earned the stripes tonight.

BTW, AWESOME Avatar. I always bust out laughing no matter how many times I see it.

It did, I was afraid Boone would never break out in New York because he captivated Cincy with his infectious charm...I'm truely convinced Boone will be a staple in NYY like O Neil became (O Neil, also a former red)

I think its perfectly ok to start a new thread considering its an entirely new round. Hell, its the WORLD SERIES>

I agree. I think one thread is fine for the other rounds, but the World Series should stand by itself.

I know it isn't Boone's fault since it wasn't his choice to go to NY, but it gets me that he was one of my fav teams, then goes over and stabs the stake through my other fav team's heart.

He's this generation of Sox fans' Bucky fucking Dent

Since the 8th inning situations were so similar for both "cursed" teams, there've been a lot of talk about the fault being on Baker and Little. While I agree that both left their aces in too long, there is one key difference in the situation. Dusty stuck with Prior and Wood too long, yes, but in such a big game, who would you rather put your faith in? Your number one guy or your god-awful bullpen? Perhaps they would've been a little better had they gotten more work, but I don't think all the innings in the world were going to make that pen anything more than decent on occassion.

Little, on the other hand, also found himself in a similar situation, but the only difference was that his usually lousy bullpen had been terrific in the postseason so far, even better than his starting rotation. To not have confidence in them at that point was ridiculous, because they had shown him for two weeks that they were up to the task of doing their jobs. And note that once they did come in, they did their job. Who gave up the homer to Boone? Wakefield, a starter.

When Baker finally went to his pen, what happened? Five more runs scored one night and three more scored the next night, further evidence that putting faith into that pen is foolish. Still not an excuse for Gonzalez bobbling the easy groundball, but that's something to consider when making the comparison between Baker and Little.

No way. This generation's BF'nD is Grady Little. He's Dent, Buckner, Pesky and Bob Gibson, all rolled into one.

Bucky Dent and Arron Boone:

1. Wore the evil pinstripes? Check

2. Hit a home run that crushed the Sox postseason dreams? Check

Close enough for me

All he needs to do now is win WS MVP to recreate the '78 nightmare