TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Guest Bobby Cox is God
Dude, you're like two days late there. The Braves got eliminated on Sunday.

For some reason I thought that was funny as hell.

So what's the rotation for the Cubs? I know Prior pitches tonight...I'm assuming Wood on Friday, so that would mean Clement on Saturday and Zambrano on Sunday, leaving Prior and Wood for games 6 and 7.

So that means the Marlins would have to beat Prior and/or Wood at least once to win this series. Tricky proposition.

Not to rain on any parades, but IIRC, the last time Willis started against the Cubs, they promptly drove him out of the game, which was pretty impressive, since it was during his little stretch where no one could hit him. For some reason, I don't see either team ever getting a clear-cut advantage, much like in the Braves/Cubs series.

Guest Bobby Cox is God

I don't think the Marlins will win tonight, but I think they may beat Wood.

About 23 minutes way to the 8:18 opening pitch (if it's the same as yesterday). Let me just say this...if the Marlins beat Prior in Wrigley tonight...well that's not so good for Cub fans.

Why does FOX INSIST on not starting games at or around 8:00? If you want a pregame show, start at 7:45 or something.

That bothers me too, Kingpk. It took me a couple games into the first round for me to realize that they never started close to 8:00. I don't expect them to start at 8 on the button, but some opening words and it should be game time. Otherwise, advertise the first 15 minutes being a pre-game show and SAY you're gonna start the game at 8:15.

Not to rain on any parades, but IIRC, the last time Willis started against the Cubs, they promptly drove him out of the game, which was pretty impressive, since it was during his little stretch where no one could hit him. For some reason, I don't see either team ever getting a clear-cut advantage, much like in the Braves/Cubs series.

I remember that game on channel 9...that was what, 4th, 5th inning he was out of the game? Nice work it was