TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

In regards to what series is better...

National League ball is always more interesting to me. Way more strategy in NL ball and I think to win in the NL you need to be a better manager than you do to win in the AL.

However, those two blowout wins weren't at all interesting. But then again game 3 of the AL was totally unwatchable as far as actual baseball goes.

*Bad joke coming in on runway 5*

It'll be like Ted Williams at the '99 All-Star Game with Wells being brought to the mound in a golf cart and pointed where home plate is.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!
Memo to Grady Little:

PLAY TODD WALKER TOMORROW!!!!

Really, I don't care if Jackson is margially better on defense, this guy has hit 5 or 6 HRs in the postseason so far.

my highlight of the series was when Jackson came in for Walker in the 6th inning, booted an easy double play, then grounded out to end the next inning.

Guest MentallyNormal

That knuckleball is like trying to hit a toothpick in the wind. Man only if I could pitch a knuckleball!! Just think if Wakefield didn't have that knuckleball he probably not be in the Major Leagues.

What is great he probably could pitch tomorrow too if he wanted.

Well glad to see Sox win, but they had me swearing at them in the 9th when Ruben Sierra blasted that homerun.

Yeah what is the deal with NOOOMAR? Maybe he needs to switch back to the white bat he was using? Supposedly he switched to the black one cause he was in a slump. Perhaps a red bat or green bat,a black and white bat with yellow polka dots? NOOOMAR where are you? Teddy ball games, head is spinning man in the cryogenic liquid chamber unit! Don't let TW down eh!

You got to reverse the curse NOOOOMAR!! Do it for duck quacking Afflack! Make jello jingle and cry!! Nomar's twitching compulsive obsessive behavior drives me insane. I wonder if he does that when he isn't on the ball field. Hope he doesn't do this when he masturbates.

What was the deal with Jeff Nelson? Was he ready to moon the audience or hump someone? Dude buckle you belt! That guy Jeff Nelson has that psycho hard no emotion serial killer face. I think he was paranoid someone was gonna attack him and perhaps he loosen his belt so he could whip it off an use it as a weapon? He is one scary dude eh.

Cubbies better bring everything out tomorrow! Sosa bring da cork man. Perhaps they need to sacrifie a goat to reverse the curse of the goat tommorrow? Will Sammy Sosa and the cubbies do it tomorrow?

Cubs do like fish, so in theory in wildlife the cub should be able to annihilate the marlin. But then again marlins live in oceans, and most bears don't live near oceans.

Well go cubbies,marlins or redsox! Anyone but the Yankees win the World Series please!

Go Baseball!

Edited by MentallyNormal

Check this out from the bastion of journalistic excellence, the NY Times!

"Names or even nicknames will never hurt Martínez, but in the absence of sticks and stones, a battery might. When he's on the mound or when he warms up in the bullpen, he would be within range of any Yankees loyalist with a good arm. But if there's no Game 7, Pedro the Perpetrator will be safe. Until next season."

That's really classy. Encourage fans to pelt someone with batteries? The guy that wrote this article should have waitied until his Yankees left Boston because some nut up here may beat his NY brethren to the punch!

What a stupid thing to say...

Check this out from the bastion of journalistic excellence, the NY Times!

"Names or even nicknames will never hurt Martínez, but in the absence of sticks and stones, a battery might. When he's on the mound or when he warms up in the bullpen, he would be within range of any Yankees loyalist with a good arm. But if there's no Game 7, Pedro the Perpetrator will be safe. Until next season."

That's really classy. Encourage fans to pelt someone with batteries? The guy that wrote this article should have waitied until his Yankees left Boston because some nut up here may beat his NY brethren to the punch!

What a stupid thing to say...

I think your last line sizes it up nicely, both teams actually tried to make moves to get over this.

word of warning: it's been raining in chicago all damn day

word of warning: it's been raining in chicago all damn day

Good. Last time the weather was a little inclimate there at Wrigley, Prior completely dominated the Braves. Perhaps this is a good omen...

If by "good omen" you mean "possible rainout" then yes, it is a good omen.

Wow...this game is making me incresingly mad after each play. Mueller cant get the ball to him so he can make a decent tag.

I think FOX are getting their production people from WCW. Did anyone else totally miss that HR?

What I mean is, did anyone else come back from break to see Manny rounding third?

I think FOX are getting their production people from WCW. Did anyone else totally miss that HR?

What I mean is, did anyone else come back from break to see Manny rounding third?

Wow, that's bad.

But not here.

Guest Anglesault
Bah! FUCKING NOMAR!!!!!!!

YOU DONT SWING ON HIGH 3-2 PITCH THAT WOULD LOAD THE BASES FOR MANNY.

*inserts joke out what Manny would do on the same high pitch*

Guest Anglesault

I'll have to ask the same thing that someone asked about Wells.

How does someone as ASS UGLY as Nomar get a fiance like that? I don't even think it's entirely about the cash, because I don't think Mia is exactly poor herself.

Guest Choken One
Why do they choose to have the games on at 2pm PST? It's freakin' stupid when most people are at work/school.

It's MAKE UP game.

Besides, It's criminal NOT to have a afternoon game considering it's Fenway and Wrigly.

Guest Choken One
I'll have to ask the same thing that someone asked about Wells.

How does someone as ASS UGLY as Nomar get a fiance like that? I don't even think it's entirely about the cash, because I don't think Mia is exactly poor herself.

Maybe what they say about big noses are true?

Guest Anglesault
Why do they choose to have the games on at 2pm PST? It's freakin' stupid when most people are at work/school.

So as to not inconvenience those of us on the East.

When exactly would you have this? 11 PM?